The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

Has a  e-mail been sent out regarding renewal of season tickets. As yet I don't have one nothing in junk mail either I would be quite happy to renew now. 

Got mine yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not a keen fan of the pale blue tops, but here are the last 3 blue numbers (taken from stmirren.info)

ddBkB4y.png5l5cLti.pngvBjuVJo.png

Edit: 02/03, 07/08 and 10/11, respectively.

The colouring on the left and right ones aren't nice (IMO). The middle shade is ok, thought the overall design is mediocre.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

I've not seen anyone criticising Fraser or heard anyone singling him out at games to be honest so not sure where you get he is a "boo boy" target. I'm just mindful of what happened when Gallagher. This time last season no one was thinking he would have been shipped out before pre season was over but he was. Not saying that is likely with Fraser but it shows Robinson will act quickly if anyone looks like their level is dropping off so much that it goes beyonda loss of form. Clearly this can be applied to everyone in the squad. My main point is signing Rooney ie a RWB will not mean we won't sign another CB. That might be Balmer or someone else. 

Indeed no one has. A couple of us on here have identified mistakes that have led to goals in the past two games and said that, Bolton is a better option at right CH position. However, Fraser still useful to have in our squad.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The colouring on the left and right ones aren't nice (IMO). The middle shade is ok, thought the overall design is mediocre.

I’ve still got that light blue Hummel shirt, and the same design in bright red too. The quality is excellent. I think that’s because once you strip away the St Mirren crest and Braehead sponsor logo, they were simply a Hummel training top, or a basic Hummel team wear template. No matter, they aren’t wafer-thin and mine look good as new. Got my money’s worth out of both.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We've been blessed recently with some cracking designs, the one from a season ago with the black/grey Paisley pattern has me moist just looking at it.

On the flip side we had those God awful JD Sports nonsense ones, so bad I'd say that Gregg Wylde's promo picture was his worst performance in one of our shirts!

Pale blue reminds me of Gus McPherson, and I've got a feeling all those I've posted are from when he was manager.

Edited by Ric

Was the pattern in the match graphics an easter egg for the away top? I think it was like all black with black stripes including the paisley pattern. Could be wrong as they may want to switch it up after back to back seasons with a black away top.

Posted (edited)

I’ve always liked the ‘hooped’ Bayer Leverkusen shirts. Would happily take a version of this as an away strip for us. That photo I screengrabbed is Son who is at Spurs, innit?

5A571707-EA14-424D-A9F6-F63AD02616F8.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

57 minutes ago, Ric said:

We've been blessed recently with some cracking designs, the one from a season ago with the black/grey Paisley pattern has me moist just looking at it.

On the flip side we had those God awful JD Sports nonsense ones, so bad I'd say that Gregg Wylde's promo picture was his worst performance in one of our shirts!

Pale blue reminds me of Gus McPherson, and I've got a feeling all those I've posted are from when he was manager.

The LDV top was from when John Coughlin was manager.

You also missed this one from Tony's 2nd spell in charge.

Screenshot_20240517_153721_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’ve always liked the ‘hooped’ Bayer Leverkusen shirts. Would happily take a version of this as an away strip for us. That photo I screengrabbed is Son who is at Spurs, innit?

5A571707-EA14-424D-A9F6-F63AD02616F8.jpeg

Aye but in the club's original colours of red and blue, preferably a dark blue.

Edited by Arch Stanton

4 hours ago, smellthepaw said:

Balmer is a centre half,  whereas Rooney is filling the departed slot that Strain had. Charles Dunne will leave, so there is need for another centre half.

Balmer is right sided, we’re well covered there. Any centre back incoming will be left sided to cover the loss of Dunne.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Less missed it, just didn't include any from last century.. ;)

7 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Rooney will be Strains direct replacement. With Dunne away and Fraser getting on a bit there will 100% be another CB coming in I would have thought. 

Getting on a bit ??  He’s 29 ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

With me not being very tech on the laptop, i was doing ok till they wanted a photo, why for a renewal ?

A renewal should be simple as ticking a box if all your details are the same as last season.

Wee wait at the ticket office and i notice nearly all the people in front of me were old farts like myself, looks like i wasn't the only diddy in pc ability  😇

3 hours ago, Ric said:

Wasn't the Gallacher thing purely down to the fact he was fucked with injuries? Getting some money for him, and off our wage bill, was a cracking bit of business from Robinson, imo, and made way for Gogic to cement that central defensive berth.

Agree it was a great move but I was at Montrose and Gallagher and Dunne had absolute mares that day. I think Robbo had seen enough between that and pre season to realise he could move him on and bring someone better in (Bolton) for a net gain or at worse break even

9 hours ago, Div said:

I have had that issue renewing my sons Student ST, so suspect it's something to do with the uploading of proof as I don't think that's been a thing before.

I've reported to the ticket office.

Cheers Div, I just phoned and renewed over the phone. Took 5 minutes!  

11 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

What’s with all the Fraser nonsense? He’s had a good season and shown no sign of decline IMO, has been one of our most dependable players. When Robinson came he had him benched to play Tait or some other inferior player and quickly realised the error of his way. He has been captain and pretty much an ever present since. All our centre halves made and will make mistakes for whatever reason Fraser’s are highlighted more.

I think Fraser does a lot of the unheralded, under-the-radar, out-of-possession, defensive work really well. When he has the ball at his feet though, well he's not Alan Hansen....

Taylor, on the other hand, strides out of defence with elegance and can ping a pass. Defensively though? I wonder if we'd have conceded that 1st goal on Wednesday night if Marcus had been playing instead of RT.

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Think I remember Junior Mendez scoring a hat trick against airdrie (?) at broadwood in this strip.