The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 hours ago, NorthBank said:
5 hours ago, Munoz said:
4-0 Henderson. 

Brophy for 4th according to the OS.

It was a friend that was texting me updates, although my eyes also aren't as great as they once were.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Slightly odd there is no Main, neither in the first team or the subs.

Looked like he was limping slightly at the end of the Dunfermline game the other night. Maybe just a precaution. 

I don’t think McAllister would be any loss at all, as sad as that is to say about a guy that came through our own academy, and someone that all the fans had high hopes for. 

The move to Derby and subsequent move back to St Mirren has always struck me as odd. It’s never been confirmed but I did hear rumours that Derby’s medical team had found some issues that meant they weren’t willing to keep and develop him. 

Since he’s came back you could count on the one hand how many good games he has had. The goal he scored against Spartans that a poster alluded to earlier, where he ran from the halfway line and fired in from the edge of the box was one of his highlights, but I think he was about 17 when he did that. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scenes when you punt McAllister and Erwin then sign Middleton and Melamed. 

I know there’s not any chance of that happening, but that would be the biggest upgrade since I went from a Samsung D700 to an iPhone. McAllister can barely last 60 minutes and Erwins first touch has the girls in the West Bank pie stall diving for cover. 

16 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Can't believe folk are still doubting St Johnstone in the transfer market - they have a long history of fixing these broken players. You could easily have said all the same stuff about Kiltie at the start of last season and yet you are now all delighted to have signed him a year on.

thufferin thuccotash Batman

Got to say, I don't find the comparison to Kiltie to be relevant, both in terms of injury and progress, and the fact is has nothing to do with St Johnstone looking at McAllister.

Edited by Ric

32 minutes ago, Ric said:

Got to say, I don't find the comparison to Kiltie to be relevant, both in terms of injury and progress, and the fact is has nothing to do with St Johnstone looking at McAllister.

That story must be a lot of rubbish.

Apparently The Fakes "can't live with us financially", despite borrowing £900K more than us from the government. So how could they even hope to sign one of our highest earners for a fee? :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

That story must be a lot of rubbish.

Apparently The Fakes "can't live with us financially", despite borrowing £900K more than us from the government. So how could they even hope to sign one of our highest earners for a fee? :rolleyes:

We'll have lost far more money than St Mirren due to the pandemic, that's what the loan money will be covering.

Presumably clubs think McAllister is available to leave St Mirren for free and are enquiring about that. We 100% won't pay a fee for him.

McAllister is just one of a number of wingers we're looking at, I wouldn't get all excited about him joining us, it's just good sense from a football club to be enquiring about multiple players at once, covering every finanical/quality scale, McAllister is near the bottom of that list.

Which leaves McAllister in a slightly awkward position, too good to be released by us for free and not good enough (well fit enough, he's good enough) to get a regular start.

I would be genuinely stunned if Goodwin allows him to go to a rival for nothing, even if it means getting his wages off the bill.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We'll have lost far more money than St Mirren due to the pandemic, that's what the loan money will be covering.

Presumably clubs think McAllister is available to leave St Mirren for free and are enquiring about that. We 100% won't pay a fee for him.

McAllister is just one of a number of wingers we're looking at, I wouldn't get all excited about him joining us, it's just good sense from a football club to be enquiring about multiple players at once, covering every finanical/quality scale, McAllister is near the bottom of that list.

Let's have a look at this list then. 

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

Which leaves McAllister in a slightly awkward position, too good to be released by us for free and not good enough (well fit enough, he's good enough) to get a regular start.

I would be genuinely stunned if Goodwin allows him to go to a rival for nothing, even if it means getting his wages off the bill.

Yeah, this is why I can't see anything coming from it. Clubs enquire about players all the time as part of the scouting process, for whatever reason it seems to have come out that us and Aberdeen have enquired for him.

I know McAllister would be a poor signing for both, but both need a creative winger and his figures there are incredible, so it's just sensible for clubs to look into him. Presumably once they actually watch him/ask around about him, they'll see he offers little else + need a fee + have recurring injuries, and they'll move on unless completely desperate.

Edited by RandomGuy.

21 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Can't believe folk are still doubting St Johnstone in the transfer market - they have a long history of fixing these broken players. You could easily have said all the same stuff about Kiltie at the start of last season and yet you are now all delighted to have signed him a year on.

The medical staff at Perth are wasting their talents. If they can fix McAllister they should be getting a better gig. Kyle has managed to complete 90 mins of football only 18 times in 5 years. Consultants, physios and doctors at Paisley, Glasgow, London and Derby have failed to solve his injury problems.

He is a talented player however his back/groin problem has never been fixed since he was 17. We were told last season he had finally overcome his problems, however 2 games of 90 mins when we had a threadbare squad due to injury, suggest otherwise. Yea, maybe he can do a good turn for 20 mins here and there but does any Club want to pay wages to a player that cannot last 90 mins? And because of his problems he cannot train properly so looks slow when he does come on and conserves what little energy he has by not tracking back for example.

I feel so sorry for McAllister but do not see any Club willing to pay a fee for a player that cannot last 90 mins. He is an expensive luxury.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We'll have lost far more money than St Mirren due to the pandemic, that's what the loan money will be covering.*

So much opinion passed off as fact.:lol:

*O'Halloran's new contract.;)

Edited by FTOF