The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Hedges will be gone soon.

McGrath is not a like-for-like replacement but would be a good signing, albeit from looking on from the outside he’s been quiet this season. 

The talk is we’d offer you player plus cash. McGinn/Kennedy being mentioned. 

McGrath has been pretty anonymous in the last few matches, but in the previous matches he was fine, although a lot of his work goes unnoticed. Plus Goodwin's hoof ball tactics, have seen our midfield bypassed most of the time.

If Goodwin is stupid enough to accept either of these crocks, one of them ageing. then we deserve all we get.

For me, there isn't an Aberdeen player, that is surplus to requirements, that would improve our team

Edited by FTOF

Just now, FTOF said:

McGrath has been pretty anonymous in the last few matches, but a lot of his work goes unnoticed. Plus Goodwin's hoof ball tactics, have seen our midfield bypassed most of the time.

If Goodwin is stupid enough to accept either of these crocks, one of them ageing. then we deserve all we get.

For me, there isn't an Aberdeen player, that is surplus to requirements, that would improve our team

Goodwin has mentioned he needs pace. 
McGinn’s has gone.

Kennedy? Not sure what he brings. He’s one of my pet hates.

How about Connor McLennan? He has loads of pace…. Zero game intelligence or ability, but loads of pace 😉

22 minutes ago, AW saint said:

I think this is a done deal. Once the sheep get cash for either Ramsey or Hedges he will be away. 

Quite right too, he would be off his rocker to stay at St mirren with the current set up.

Just now, Baldie1980 said:

was Goodwin not upping Kennedy last transfer window emoji848.png

He was. However, that was before he was out injured for four months and had played no matches.

We need someone who is match fit.

I did consider McLennan, but we've already got plenty of non-scoring attacking players, even if he does have pace.

8 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

was Goodwin not upping Kennedy last transfer window emoji848.png

Did we nit offer St Mirren Kennedy as part of the deal for McGrath in the summer then he failed the medical? And that's how his back problem came to light? He's still injured anyway i think. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us loan you Dean Campbell. Neat and tidy midfielder. Different type to McGrath but still a good wee player and just can't get regular game time at us ahead of Brown/Ferguson.

4 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Did we nit offer St Mirren Kennedy as part of the deal for McGrath in the summer then he failed the medical? And that's how his back problem came to light? He's still injured anyway i think. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us loan you Dean Campbell. Neat and tidy midfielder. Different type to McGrath but still a good wee player and just can't get regular game time at us ahead of Brown/Ferguson.

We already have Greig Kiltie who was signed when we thought McGrath was away.

1 minute ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

How much do you think St Mirren would want for us to sign McGrath now? £2-300k or something? 

No idea, but £300K seems fair given that he's out of contract in the summer. Possibly with a sell on percentage.

McGrath changed agents a few months ago, most likely to hawk him to the highest bidder.

If an English championship club comes in for him, then financially you'll be fucked.

McGrath needs a high profile and plenty game time to further his international career. This is the most important move in his career.

Arguably, the likes of Hibs or Aberdeen might suit him, in that respect. It didn't do John McGinn any harm, albeit McGinn was much younger.

19 minutes ago, FTOF said:

No idea, but £300K seems fair given that he's out of contract in the summer. Possibly with a sell on percentage.

McGrath changed agents a few months ago, most likely to hawk him to the highest bidder.

If an English championship club comes in for him, then financially you'll be fucked.

McGrath needs a high profile and plenty game time to further his international career. This is the most important move in his career.

Arguably, the likes of Hibs or Aberdeen might suit him, in that respect. It didn't do John McGinn any harm, albeit McGinn was much younger.

Not a chance you'd get that.

39 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We got £300K from the green bigots for Lewis Morgan, so it's entirely possible, if an English championship wants him badly enough.

Lewis Morgan was a 21yo Scot, not a 25yo Irishman.

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Lewis Morgan wasn't a current full Iinternationalist. Anyway heard Jamie is heading down south.

Yeah but Celtic at that time were desperate for Scots for homegrown rules, so were chucking money at any decent young Scot.

49 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We got £300K from the green bigots for Lewis Morgan, so it's entirely possible, if an English championship wants him badly enough.

That really wasn’t any more than you were due compensation wise. Just provided security for all really and saved on your wage bill when loaned back.