The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

They'll be speaking to his agent just now anyway. He'll let them know whether its worth pursuing or not.

Nelms is speaking directly to Ross. Probably at this very moment. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

hqdefault.jpg

If anything this thread shows that Saint Mirren fans are deluded, gibbering morons tbh. 

^^^ exhibit A

Saint Mirren - "a club on an upward trajectory". Let's look at the facts, shall we? 

2013/14 - shitfesting in the top flight

2014/15 - relegated to the second tier

2015/16 - finished 6th in the second tier (42 points)

2016/17 - finished 7th in the second tier (39 points)

If by 'upward' you meant 'travelling up the country to Peterhead and Montrose on league duty' then yep, you're definitely on track for that. 

Perhaps when Jack is still our manager when we pump you again at Cappielow, we can revisit this masterpiece?

:lol:

This has decent potential for some head's gone.

What do you mean potential? It's only took a tenuous article and the St Mirren fans are going mental. None more so than Div on Twitter.

Imagine if it were actually revealed there is some substance to it all?! [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

He is indeed - telling him Rory Loy is free to come to St Mirren Park...

Dundee'll need to pay him a substantial sum first before he goes anywhere and I doubt that will happen till a new managers in place if at all. He's on a good whack at Dundee so won't be in a rush to move anywhere i'd imagine especially down a league and with a decent pay cut. Possibly end up another loan deal next season if they don't fancy paying his contract up  and the new manager doesnt want him around.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Dundee'll need to pay him a substantial sum first before he goes anywhere and I doubt that will happen till a new managers in place if at all. He's on a good whack at Dundee so won't be in a rush to move anywhere i'd imagine especially down a league and with a decent pay cut. Possibly end up another loan deal next season if they don't fancy paying his contract up  and the new manager doesnt want him around.

You reckon they'd keep him for the last year and not really play him? I'd heard he was keen to come back. I'd take him on loan no problem at all.

You reckon they'd keep him for the last year and not really play him? I'd heard he was keen to come back. I'd take him on loan no problem at all.

Loy will get another chance next season under a new manager.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Loy will get another chance next season under a new manager.

I'd expect that to be honest, now that I think about it, unless the new manager doesn't fancy him at all and wants his own men in. Kind of in limbo at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

It all depends on who the new manager is. If he fancies Loy as a player he'll play him. Their not exactly flush  with strikers. Haber was their top scorer and el bacteria only scored about 3 goals or something. If Ross did move then I would presume he'll give him a chance or he wouldnt have taken him to St Mirren in the first place. I'd expect him to be their pre season and then if it doesnt work out with the new manager then I would think he'll go out on loan.  He's probably on his holidays now anyway and not giving a feck who hes playing for next season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

This is true. Virginton's a fucking mess.

St. Mirren fans have had a fair time to gloat what with your great escape and the 4-1 game, but if you expect Morton fans (and everyone else for that matter) not to point and laugh when St. Mirren fans are claiming that bottom half of the Premiership Dundee isn't a step up from bottom half of the Championship St. Mirren because of Dens Park having a large maintenance bill then you're forgetting how P&B works.

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

St. Mirren fans have had a fair time to gloat what with your great escape and the 4-1 game, but if you expect Morton fans (and everyone else for that matter) not to point and laugh when St. Mirren fans are claiming that bottom half of the Premiership Dundee isn't a step up from bottom half of the Championship St. Mirren because of Dens Park having a large maintenance bill then you're forgetting how P&B works.

That's all reasonable. He, however, was mainly wittering about trajectories.

16 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

At least we've established that Dundee are a bigger team than those Paisley no-marks.

Forget the 4-1 game! Forget the 17-year unbeaten run! Forget the fact you've not been in the top flight for three decades! Forget the fact you've not won a trophy since the BBC was created!

Dundee are bigger than St Mirren.

That's the real quiz.