The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, AW saint said:

Mistakes cost us today. Zach Hemming is a good keeper but prone to a few clangers. I don't think we should bring him back.

James Scott should be shown the door along with Jamieson. 

There was points to be won today but not if we make the mistakes we did today. 

I know it’s raw after a defeat, especially against THEM! But this is way over the top

9 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I know it’s raw after a defeat, especially against THEM! But this is way over the top

I am struggling to see what Scott offers……. Maybe he just needs a full pre-season……

16 hours ago, AW saint said:

Mistakes cost us today. Zach Hemming is a good keeper but prone to a few clangers. I don't think we should bring him back.

James Scott should be shown the door along with Jamieson. 

There was points to be won today but not if we make the mistakes we did today. 

I have not seen anything from Jamieson yet. I understand he is still relatively young but there’s not enough coming from him. Scott too I’m hoping he will find something but early indications are he’s going to need to up his game . Agree with Gk good goalie overall but at big moments has been prone to one 

14 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

I am struggling to see what Scott offers……. Maybe he just needs a full pre-season……

Think back to Main’s first season. Fingers crossed the manager can turn Scott around in a similar fashion. 

28 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

We have already agreed a 2 year deal for him as well...

Main first season.

Olusanya first season.

I'm willing to be patient with Scott & Robinson's judgment.

Posted (edited)

Yeah. 100% not the time or place to write James Scott off. We've bore witness to a few incredible turnarounds under Robinson and he clearly believes he's the man to get Scott back at the level he is capable of.

Edited by djchapsticks

Boyd Munce also barely played in his first half season. This always happens, and in some ways you've got to kind of admire the guys who routinely end up making complete idiots of themselves writing off players/managers early, because the numerous times they are proved wrong never stop them from doing it with the next guy.

Edited by GAD

I think we need to wait with James Scott he’s barely played and it’ll take time. Lewis Jamieson is a funny one as he at times looks dangerous but seldom produces . Again maybe game time is the issue 

For all the folk berating young Jamieson it’s worth noting that for strikers, in particular young players need to gain experience of a regular starting place in order to gain some kind of momentum.

He might or might not be a player, but at least give him a chance to have a regular starting place and a run of games before writing him off.