The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

It would certainly not come as any surprise that Sheils was abused. Considering the state of permarage our fans can demonstrate I'd be more surprised if he didn't.

I am not sure if I am being unfair here, but I don't see it in the same light as racism or sectarianism. Essentially it is beneficial to have two working eyes for football so it's not something unconnected to the game that people are taking the piss; ie: skin colour or religion. I suppose in this day and age of cultural  inclusivism (not something I disagree with, btw) I suppose it's bad show.

Our fanbase has pros and cons. I honestly can't be fucked screaming at the officials, the opposition, the opposition fans and even our own players. I used to, but then I used to take quite the libation before games. So in that sense I'm glad someone else is doing that as it does have it's benefits in games.

That said, and as several others have mentioned, when it comes to the edges of acceptability these supporters become a liability to the club not an asset.

None of this should detract from what an utter bellend the father is, the epitome of the proverb that empty vessels make the most noise.

4 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Well that's Lewis's transfer confirmed. Loaned back for rest of season. Can't help but think he's made the wrong choice but would like to see him score a hat trick every week in a 4-3 defeat.

I assume you mean AFTER his loan spell has completed?

5 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Well that's Lewis's transfer confirmed. Loaned back for rest of season. Can't help but think he's made the wrong choice but would like to see him score a hat trick every week in a 4-3 defeat.

He believes he has got what it takes, JR agrees and so does Brendan Rodgers. Will be interesting to see how it pans out for him, I certainly wouldn't write him off but he needs to get a chance to show what he can do.

Now what we all knew RE Morgan has come to pass, I hope we can get on with the rest of our transfer window business.

I know Hilson has gone, and Stewart is out on loan.  However there are a few others who I think will be leaving too.

And I'd imagine at least 2 new arrivals.

Hope we can do that business sooner rather than later.

COYS!

6 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Now what we all knew RE Morgan has come to pass, I hope we can get on with the rest of our transfer window business.

I know Hilson has gone, and Stewart is out on loan.  However there are a few others who I think will be leaving too.

And I'd imagine at least 2 new arrivals.

Hope we can do that business sooner rather than later.

COYS!

Agree we need to start taking care of business asap.  UTD seem to have been busy so far but given injuries they've had lately you'd have expected this.

In terms of early recruitment, we brought in Mullen before the window opened, Morgan is staying so really it's just cover that I'd imagine Ross is looking at now. If the cameo appearances by Sutton in the last couple of matches show anything, it's that Sutton is very ineffective in a cameo role and we need cover up front. If the Celtic kid is coming then that's central midfield covered... what else is there to add to the squad?

8 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

In terms of early recruitment, we brought in Mullen before the window opened, Morgan is staying so really it's just cover that I'd imagine Ross is looking at now. If the cameo appearances by Sutton in the last couple of matches show anything, it's that Sutton is very ineffective in a cameo role and we need cover up front. If the Celtic kid is coming then that's central midfield covered... what else is there to add to the squad?

I'd still like another striker!!! that's not a midget a younger Sutton type

40 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

We need more than backup imo. Utd are improving their squad, we need to sign a striker who will push for a start and a midfielder who can tackle and has a more defensive mindset for games where we need to dig in. Would hope Jack isn't looking at anyone to come in purely as cover.

Plenty of St Mirren fans shout abuse at their own players. You should know that.

1 hour ago, Young gun said:

A quote from BBC 

i doubt Lewis ever said this at all

I got written off here by St Mirren fans when I was coming through - that's part and parcel of football," Morgan said.

Edited by NorthBank