The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I'm guessing any inward signing announcements will happen AFTER Morgan going is announced?

Lessen the blow somewhat; albeit that we've known from the start of the season that he'd be leaving this season and that it sounds like we've done as well as we can in the way he leaves?

13 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Dean Shiels: Dunfermline midfielder abused 'every week', says father Kenny Shiels - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42554822

So apparently shiels has been abused when playing us now?

He probably has to be honest. There is always some walloper who thinks it's either funny, or will get under a player's skin. Like it says in the article, he gets it everywhere. and I've heard plenty of shouts from St. Mirren fans over the years that have made me cringe.

I did find it strange that he singled St. Mirren out after saying it happens at all clubs. Maybe it was particularly bad when he's played us, but I don't remember anything being said at the time.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

At what? It's been clearly outlined since around June 2017 that all ticket games for this season are 22 quid. We pay the same as away fans.

Any idea how much the away section holds, my pal is taking his 10 year old and Dumbarton aren’t selling the parent and free child tickets until the day of game. Leaving him with an option of paying £36 to guarantee getting in or waiting to the day and taking a chance that there will still be tickets left, seems to be totally against the spirit of the free child initiative. 

He probably has to be honest. There is always some walloper who thinks it's either funny, or will get under a player's skin. Like it says in the article, he gets it everywhere. and I've heard plenty of shouts from St. Mirren fans over the years that have made me cringe.
I did find it strange that he singled St. Mirren out after saying it happens at all clubs. Maybe it was particularly bad when he's played us, but I don't remember anything being said at the time.

I’ve certainly never heard anything like that at St. Mirren games, he might’ve got abuse but not heard anyone abusing him about his eye.

1 minute ago, Stevie88 said:

I’ve certainly never heard anything like that at St. Mirren games, he might’ve got abuse but not heard anyone abusing him about his eye.

Neither have I, but it would be naive to think that no St. Mirren fan has ever shouted anything about it. I don't think there are fans of any clubs that can claim to be holier than thou.

27 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Any idea how much the away section holds, my pal is taking his 10 year old and Dumbarton aren’t selling the parent and free child tickets until the day of game. Leaving him with an option of paying £36 to guarantee getting in or waiting to the day and taking a chance that there will still be tickets left, seems to be totally against the spirit of the free child initiative. 

750 I think. It can be increased a wee bit if needs be too.

Edit: If you don't mind sitting in the home end you'll get a ticket no bother. We'll spare the wean when we set upon your mate too ;)

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

750 I think. It can be increased a wee bit if needs be too.

Edit: If you don't mind sitting in the home end you'll get a ticket no bother. We'll spare the wean when we set upon your mate too ;)

Thanks for that, I might contact Dumbarton and find out if there are a specific number of kids tickets set aside. Although I think my pal might be quite happy if the wee one was in the home end and he was in the away end. 

Neither have I, but it would be naive to think that no St. Mirren fan has ever shouted anything about it. I don't think there are fans of any clubs that can claim to be holier than thou.

I didn’t say it never happened just said I certainly haven’t heard anyone abusing Dean about his eye. Don’t think anyone is naive but you did say St.Mirren fans probably have abused him for it, without ever hearing such abuse.

12 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

I didn’t say it never happened just said I certainly haven’t heard anyone abusing Dean about his eye. Don’t think anyone is naive but you did say St.Mirren fans probably have abused him for it, without ever hearing such abuse.

Not to get into an argument over semantics but you're misrepresenting me. I was replying to a comment that appeared to question Sheils' when he said he got abuse about his eye at St. Mirren. 

Sheils said he was abused at St. Mirren, despite not hearing it myself. I believed him, because it's believable. I would believe it had he said it about any club. I also added that there 'is always one idiot'. That's not really the same as saying 'St. Mirren fans probably abused him'.

Not to get into an argument over semantics but you're misrepresenting me. I was replying to a comment that appeared to question Sheils' when he said he got abuse about his eye at St. Mirren. 
Sheils said he was abused at St. Mirren, despite not hearing it myself. I believed him, because it's believable. I would believe it had he said it about any club. I also added that there 'is always one idiot'. That's not really the same as saying 'St. Mirren fans probably abused him'.

Fair enough. That’s not how I read it first time around so apologies.