The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

24 minutes ago, Stu said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4560886/St-Mirren-ready-offer-bumper-new-contract-Jack-Ross.html

Ross’ agent Stephen McBride told Sportsmail: ‘Jack is the manager of St Mirren and he’s happy in that job.

‘He is on holiday and has heard nothing from Dundee or St Mirren concerning this.

‘Jack is a man who does things by the book and he is currently under contract at St Mirren.’

First line - good. Last line - not so good.

We will do everything in our power to keep Jack at the club without putting the finances of the club in peril,’ Scott told Sportsmail. ‘If I need to go and see Jack in Spain then rest assured that it will be done.’

Scott told Sportsmail :lol:

So it's not a case of Scott told Div, Div put it on twitter and Sportsmail lifted it verbatim from Twitter? 

Lazy journalism and taking credit for drawing a statement they had no bearing in. I love the Daily Mail. :lol:

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Scott told Sportsmail :lol:

So it's not a case of Scott told Div, Div put it on twitter and Sportsmail lifted it verbatim from Twitter? 

Lazy journalism and taking credit for drawing a statement they had no bearing in. I love the Daily Mail. :lol:

I thought I'd imagined that bit being there. At least they haven't claimed it as an exclusive :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4560886/St-Mirren-ready-offer-bumper-new-contract-Jack-Ross.html

Ross’ agent Stephen McBride told Sportsmail: ‘Jack is the manager of St Mirren and he’s happy in that job.

‘He is on holiday and has heard nothing from Dundee or St Mirren concerning this.

‘Jack is a man who does things by the book and he is currently under contract at St Mirren.’

Stephen McBride is his agent, interesting. He is the agent who takes all the Falkirk players to Swansea. Cash driven

40 minutes ago, Stu said:

I did LOL at 'desperate quest', mind.

5 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

The amount of pish the papers get away with printing is incredible. They literally just print stuff they have seen on twitter as a fact with no sources or proof... surely that is against some sort of code of conduct for journalism.

The code of conduct used to apply to local and regional press, but the nats always did whatever they want. Since the explosion of social media, all the rules I was taught have basically gone right out the window. Fact checking and consistency simply doesn't exist in the majority of stories.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Who do St Mirren fans want to replace Ross?

Any manager that could stop our run of finishing in a lower position than the previous year 3 seasons in a row would do me.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Just because Ross hasnt heard anything from Dundee or St Mirren doesn't mean McBride hasn't. I'm sure he'll be stoking up a bidding war between the two as we speak.

Mad, mental stuff, sir! Get out the sun!  Predictions this side of the window are wishful thinking at best, other than the sole prediction that Jack Ross will not actually be able to walk on water, contrary to the belief of his many acolytes here on P&B.  

Yeah we're apparently bringing in 4 new players so it's impossible to predict until we see what kind of quality they are. Also that figure could rise if the likes of Tidser and Doyle don't accept new deals.

6 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Yeah we're apparently bringing in 4 new players so it's impossible to predict until we see what kind of quality they are. Also that figure could rise if the likes of Tidser and Doyle don't accept new deals.

Exactly: we could keep hold of Ross, bring in Loy and Davis, and we'll be looking good for the top four. Or, Ross could get pinched, he'll hang onto Loy @ Dundee because he likes him, the new guy won't know Davis, and we'll be aiming squarely for mid-table with Jim Goodwin in charge.

I think Baird would be a decent recruit for you, btw.

"When I was turning 21, I hadn't played professional football yet" but Gregor Buchanan is ready for challenge with his new Buddies

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/06/01/when-i-was-turning-21-i-still-hadnt-played-professional-football-yet-but-gregor-buchanan-is-ready-for-challenge-with-his-new-buddies/

37 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

"When I was turning 21, I hadn't played professional football yet" but Gregor Buchanan is ready for challenge with his new Buddies

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/06/01/when-i-was-turning-21-i-still-hadnt-played-professional-football-yet-but-gregor-buchanan-is-ready-for-challenge-with-his-new-buddies/

I've still not seen him play professional football. 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Stephen McBride is his agent, interesting. He is the agent who takes all the Falkirk players to Swansea. Cash driven

Well according to Douglas McNeil Jack Ross does not have an agent .

I wouldn't have thought St Mirren flinging money at him would really make much difference anyway . At the end of the day how much would he have been on at Alloa recently? If he stays at St Mirren it wont be because of finances and all they'll have done is use up more of their budget when they had no real need to. I would expect money to be nearer the bottom of the list of influences when deciding between the Dundee and St Mirren.

Edited by Shadwell Dog