The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, McG said:

It’s not a striker either.

Would be nice to have a defender with a bit of experience come in, I think that's what most fans feel is needed.

Still, we have time before the window opens and while the loss to Rangers wasn't that bad, the loss to Aberdeen was and hopefully that will spur on both Stubbs and Scott to push for more signings.

Would be nice to have a defender with a bit of experience come in, I think that's what most fans feel is needed.
Still, we have time before the window opens and while the loss to Rangers wasn't that bad, the loss to Aberdeen was and hopefully that will spur on both Stubbs and Scott to push for more signings.
Do we have space in the squad for anymore centre halves? Baird, Kpekawa, Heaton, McKenzie and Jones seems overkill as it is.

I think we need at least 2 wingers and a striker.

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Do we have space in the squad for anymore centre halves? Baird, Kpekawa, Heaton, McKenzie and Jones seems overkill as it is.

Jones isn't a CH, Heaton isn't ready and MacKenzie is "injured". So, yeah, I'd say we do.

That's not to say we couldn't do with a winger, as for strikers we have Mullen, Brock-Madsen, Cooke and Smith.

Edited by Buddist Monk

Jones isn't a CH, Heaton isn't ready and MacKenzie is "injured". So, yeah, I'd say we do.
Southampton described him as a defender.

Serious squad mismanagement if we sign another centre half. I agree we need one that is actually any good but it would be crazy to have 6 on the books when we are so light in other areas.

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

Why would anyone not believe that Mackenzie is injured? He spend most of last season injured.

I think you know the reason for that. The same for Eckersley. Listen it's up to the manager to make decisions on who does and doesn't play, and I'm fine with that.

6 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Southampton described him as a defender.

I thought he was more a midfielder who could play defence, it seems from most of the reports it's the other way round.

If that is the case then maybe we don't need one. We certainly need to get our defence working as a solid unit though, that's not in question.

I wasn't at the Aberdeen game and got absolutely no notification he was on the field or how he is playing because... well Willie fucking Miller, that's because. I don't think he referred to our players by name mostly just the position. Aberdeen players, why they were all given their Sunday name and the positions and styles of play were touched on regularly.

Edited by Buddist Monk

4 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I think you know the reason for that. The same for Eckersley. Listen it's up to the manager to make decisions on who does and doesn't play, and I'm fine with that.

I actually think it's fairly obvious Mackenzie is injured. McShane was also told he can leave and has played, and Stewart played when everyone knew he was on his was out too.

9 minutes ago, GAD said:

I actually think it's fairly obvious Mackenzie is injured. McShane was also told he can leave and has played, and Stewart played when everyone knew he was on his was out too.

You asked me the reason for it, I said you know the reason, not whether it's justified or not.

I honestly don't know, and I wouldn't suggest I'm ITK. Eckersley's tweet didn't help, mind.

7 minutes ago, AW saint said:

I hope its a left back or a winger. Coulsen needs to play higher up the park. He is not a full back imo

And yet...

On 15/08/2018 at 11:24, weebud said:

Coulson is a left-back at Middlesboro and a left-back here, your opinion of whether that is his best position or not is moot, you'd be as well throwing shite at the moon!!

49 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We are quite short on the full back cover though mate :rolleyes:

This full back can play both sides too.

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Cant believe how bad we were against Aberdeen we looked like a team who will go straight back down.

Players do not look happy very worrying have seen these signs many times over the years 50 years to be exact. 

Cant argue with you. We have struggled even when we beat Dundee. I just hope Stubbs gets the squad sorted before the window shuts. Hoping this is a busy week.