The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

14 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Hibs in for Hladky. Will we have anyone left. 

Absolutely nothing to suggest this is the case. 

Someone has saw Hibs came into money and have instantly thought 'f**k, they' ll buy him now' 

Where? I've been through their twitter and they haven't tweeted anything nor put anything on their website. 

It’ll have been in the rumours section, which some people seem to think is both reliable and BBC endorsed content.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

It’ll have been in the rumours section, which some people seem to think is both reliable and BBC endorsed content.

Don't think it was btw.

I think this falls under the "some folk believe any old shite you see on the internet" banner.

I'm sure you're stunned to hear Kearney is expected to be announced as the new Coleraine manager at 6 tonight.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure you're stunned to hear Kearney is expected to be announced as the new Coleraine manager at 6 tonight.

Aye, bolt from the blue that one. It's fine; he kept us up, we can all move on, I hope he's happy.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

Apparently we’ve taken Gary Miller to Spain for a trial, possibly as a squad filler. At 32 his best days must be well behind him.

Don't know much about him - where does he play? We could definitely do with a versatile back up in a few positions - the Hodson role, if you will.

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Aye, bolt from the blue that one. It's fine; he kept us up, we can all move on, I hope he's happy.

Don't know much about him - where does he play? We could definitely do with a versatile back up in a few positions - the Hodson role, if you will.

Its Gus that's targeting players so he has to be midfielder that being two on trial yet it's our strongest area on the park. 

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

He’s a right full back that can cover at centre back if I’m not mistaken. Happy for fans of his previous clubs to correct my limited knowledge about him.

That's where he played for us.

Gary Miller is perfectly adequate cover but I don't think he's quite good enough to be a first pick. He's decent at everything really - gets forward quite well, defends quite well, decent enough in the air and can cover at centre back in an emergency. Nothing truly outstanding about his game but equally no glaring weaknesses either. Steady is probably the best word to describe him.

You could do much worse.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Was he any good?

Hard to remember tbh, he was solid and unspectacular, and a handy player to have, from what I can remember. Was a bit unlucky to be in the same squad as Dave Mackay as he wouldve been a starter otherwise, and I was disappointed when he left.

He had a fairly bad injury in a cup tie for Plymouth but clueless how much that's affected him.

Edited by RandomGuy.