The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Livie charging £20 for a live stream is taking the piss. Part of me  does not want too pay that on principle.  Part of me wants to watch the game. mmmmm ? 

They're f'n at it. 

All clubs should be charging the same.

This was known in August. Most clubs came out at the very start of the season and told everyone what they would be charging and Livi said it would be £20 for their matches. It is definitely too high, but my personal view is that I would have been going to Livingston when Aberdeen play there, so I will pay what they are asking as it’s still a lot less than I would have spent for my day out.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

This was known in August. Most clubs came out at the very start of the season and told everyone what they would be charging and Livi said it would be £20 for their matches. It is definitely too high, but my personal view is that I would have been going to Livingston when Aberdeen play there, so I will pay what they are asking as it’s still a lot less than I would have spent for my day out.

I'll also pay it, but it's not a fair price.  I know of many Saints supporters that are going to boycott it.

It seems odd that in these times , Livi are happy to price certain fans out.

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I'll also pay it, but it's not a fair price.  I know of many Saints supporters that are going to boycott it.

I’m not sure if all of their home games against the top two are on Sky but if not then they have probably banked on £20 x however many thousand when they play them compared to what they will lose with 50 St Mirren/Kilmarnock etc fans not tuning in due to cost.

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m not sure if all of their home games against the top two are on Sky but if not then they have probably banked on £20 x however many thousand when they play them compared to what they will lose with 50 St Mirren/Kilmarnock etc fans not tuning in due to cost.

51...........no way they are getting £20 from me.

31 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I'm pretty sure all their games against the top two will be on Sky.

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

No way am I defending Livingston, and you would have thought that once they saw what other sides are charging for their PPV, they would have reconsidered and lowered their price. The highest I've paid so far is £15 for our match at Dingwall.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

No way am I defending Livingston, and you would have thought that once they saw what other sides are charging for their PPV, they would have reconsidered and lowered their price. The highest I've paid so far is £15 for our match at Dingwall.

Which was well worth it.

On 25/05/2017 at 22:52, djchapsticks said:

Added to the money brought in in January for Kyle McAllister and the cup money from the televised tie at Celtic park and we're in a pretty nice place financially. This could be further boosted with the sell on fee that Aberdeen will owe us if Kenny McLean heads south to QPR and if anyone takes a fancy to John McGinn.

....the crowning jewel so far thought has been keeping hold of Kyle Magennis until 2020, where he'll no doubt f**k off for about £3m once we start selling players for their true value :lol:

Accidentally clicked on Page 1 rather than most recent page.

Couple of interesting snippets from the DJs opening Gettysburg Address post,

Whatever happened to those 4?

9 hours ago, Munoz said:

They always have been.

Think last season it was £18 for an OAP and £26 for an adult.

Certainly not paying them £20 for a stream.

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Lincoln's address at Gettysburg was only 257 words long, in fairness.

Jeeze, what I twat I've been using that incorrectly for years!

I think there's a Monty Python sketch that refers to it in a way that made me think it was hours long!

Oops!

On 20/11/2020 at 07:02, kingjoey said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought 11 of the 12 clubs had went with the same company to provide the live stream, Celtic being the only team to do something different. If that’s correct then how can Livingston justify around an 80% price difference between the other clubs who I believe are all priced around the £10-£12.50 mark. I don’t have the first clue with regards to the costs each club will incur while providing the live stream, and it could be that Livingston are only covering their outgoings, but from a fans point of view it looks like they are trying their luck when they are £7.50 dearer than most of the other clubs.