The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Absolutely delighted. Credit to Jim and the players. It certainly wasn't pretty but against Livi you need to roll the sleeves up and the players did that today.

Easy to criticise after poor results so they all deserve a lot of praise after a massive win. This can kick start our season.

8 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Doyle-Hayes + ££££££ in / Magennis out suddenly looking like very good business. Magennis hasn't kicked a ball for Hibs since going off injured at Hampden on 31/10.

Watch the fuckers move for Doyle-Hayes when he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Didn't see the game today; sounds like a tough watch. Excellent to get another win. Hopefully that's the 3-5-2 in the sea for good.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Watch the fuckers move for Doyle-Hayes when he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Didn't see the game today; sounds like a tough watch. Excellent to get another win. Hopefully that's the 3-5-2 in the sea for good.

A poor quality game on a poor quality surface,  but a totally deserved outcome. 

42 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

No chance. He'd be in the English Championship if it weren't for Covid.

I am not saying this because we have just won but we should be looking to finish above Accies, Livi and County.

Don't think we are a worse team than United either.

I know it's only one win and the performance still wasn't that great on the eye, we still have a problem creating chances but these other teams are in their own kind of mini crisis (apart from United).

11 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I am not saying this because we have just won but we should be looking to finish above Accies, Livi and County.

I know it's only one win and the performance still wasn't that great on the eye, we still have a problem creating chances but these other teams are in their own kind of mini crisis (apart from United).

They have a financial crisis.

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We've got a better team than any of the other bottom 6.

46 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Various managers angry at the SFA because their players picked up C19 (or are self-isolating) from U21 duty. Derek McInnes claiming that the SFA didn't follow the same protocols that the clubs have been going through!

Would be some brass neck now if us or Killie were punished.

It is the SPFL though, nothing would surprise me.

Various managers angry at the SFA because their players picked up C19 (or are self-isolating) from U21 duty. Derek McInnes claiming that the SFA didn't follow the same protocols that the clubs have been going through!
Would be some brass neck now if us or Killie were punished.

I'd love these managers to elaborate and tell us exactly what measures were out the window. It's all a bit Trump like with unsubstantiated innuendo and evidence less accusations.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'd love these managers to elaborate and tell us exactly what measures were out the window. It's all a bit Trump like with unsubstantiated innuendo and evidence less accusations.

A bit like the SPFL's approach to us and Killie.

It seems quite simple - covid outbreak leading to a whole load of players self isolating. Either the authorities accept this is likely to happen, or adopt a blame culture as they have done. However, if they are choosing the latter, they need to be even handed, so there should be an investigation into SFA protocols.

There are many times you could call into question Collum's decision making. Some times it's fair criticism, many times it's not. On this occasion though, it's just down right incompetence. We don't know what the assistant or the 4th official might have contributed but they really should have been making it known how bad a tackle this was.

This video clip shows Collum had an unobstructed view of the whole incident...

https://i.imgur.com/0i38CIW.mp4

What is utterly galling is his eagle eye as the 4th official, from even further away, in a previous game. All I ask is for consistency. With the position of the current compliance officer somewhat up in the air (she's resigned but remains in post) I doubt this will be looked at.

Edited by Ric