Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Is it extremely petty to note that Celtic fans have been singing about the Lisbon Lions in the 68th minute rather than the 67th for the last year and a bit? 

I'm just surprised an Aberdeen fan hasn't slagged us about this already.

you boys really need to find a quality replacement for Standfree

24 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

1. Sinclair turns into one of our weakest links at the highest level, constantly unavailable to pick up the ball from our midfielders and when he does have it, he's making a head down predictable run. Domestically our usual 433 formation hides Sinclair's weaknesses, against Bayern and PSG, the 451/4231 exposed them. 

Definitely, also thought Paddy effing Roberts provided more defensive cover than Sinclair did. 

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

Definitely, also thought Paddy effing Roberts provided more defensive cover than Sinclair did. 

For me it's like the Adam Rooney situation  - there is a time and a place (more than half the games).... but that time and place is not 90 minutes against your equals or betters, and it never will be. 

18 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Rodgers is a one trick pony who gets an easy ride up here....

Discuss

When he was appointed I said at the time that he would do well domestically but be on the end of some absolute shellings in Europe, more so than normal in both cases. His approach domestically is exactly what Celtic should be doing, they have the resources and players who should be going out to dominate the ball and consistently take the game to the opposition, but in Europe they are miles off and really shouldn’t be trying the same approach.

Thought 3-0 flattered Celtic last night, though the last half hour will give them a little bit of comfort. Gamboa and Lustig were both awful, standing out in a sea of inadequacy. They had absolutely no understanding of each other’s game and made it far too easy for Bayern.

Munich is a tremendous city, the bevvy was out of this world and that stadium is fucking tremendous for watching a game.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Bayern last 10 home games.

d4aedfbac1de5e3646413608ee460bb5.jpg

Can't be right, they've lost to Real and beaten Anderlecht in their two most recent European home games (before last night's). 

ETA - They were also in a group with Rostov, Atletico Madrid and PSV last season.

Can't be right, they've lost to Real and beaten Anderlecht in their two most recent European home games (before last night's). 
ETA - They were also in a group with Rostov, Atletico Madrid and PSV last season.

Correct, that table makes no sense, last time I copy and paste without research. Well spotted.

On 9/13/2017 at 10:45, virginton said:

A fan invading the park and trying to attack a player is serious enough in most circumstances, but the fact that PSG's home ground has been subjected to a terrorist attack fairly recently, while France itself remains under a national state of emergency should be factored into UEFA's calculations. 

Kick them out of European competition for an indefinite period of time. 

CELTIC have been handed a €10,000 fine by UEFA after a fan invaded the pitch during last month's Champions League defeat to Paris Saint-Germain. 

peter-lawwell-laugh-o.gif

noADiZP.gif

On 9/12/2017 at 22:11, The OP said:

I for one am worried about UEFA bombing Parkhead and sewing salt in the ashes like Rome did to Carthage then I remember that and closed doors are clearly never gonna happen. £60k fine incoming.

Miles oot mate. 

On 19 October 2017 at 16:20, Ross. said:

Munich is a tremendous city, the bevvy was out of this world and that stadium is fucking tremendous for watching a game.

I love visiting Munich (and its surrounding area Bavaria). Every town has its own unique brewery. Beer gardens that can hold thousands, not like the British beer garden, a few chairs, fag ends all over the shot. Been to the city many times and one of the very few cities in the world I'd happily move to. 

13 hours ago, stu20vt said:

I love visiting Munich (and its surrounding area Bavaria). Every town has its own unique brewery. Beer gardens that can hold thousands, not like the British beer garden, a few chairs, fag ends all over the shot. Been to the city many times and one of the very few cities in the world I'd happily move to. 

:barf

Celtic got a lesson in Munich it's time to learn from that lesson this is were Brendan has to earn his corn,it's easy to park a bus in front of our goal on Tuesday but Brendan wants the players to believe in their own ability and play with confidence the balance between the two has to be right,the German are everything i expected them to be Hummels at the back has the presence and the leadership quality,Thiago orchestrates the midfield with muller and robben's movement world class,Kimmich and Coman  will cause any team problems with their pace and Lewandowski up top is the finished article.Brendan's Celtic needs a scalp. 

Looks like Lewandowski is definitely out. German press are expecting Coman to play through the middle instead. Hard to see Celtic taking anything from the match, irrespective of who Bayern play.

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

Looks like Lewandowski is definitely out. German press are expecting Coman to play through the middle instead. Hard to see Celtic taking anything from the match, irrespective of who Bayern play.

His pace will be a real problem

Archived