Dundee United 2017/2018

What a difference Csaba has made. I can't remember the last I had so much confidence in the team. It's the difference between having a guy trying his best and hoping and a guy who knows what he's doing. It takes me back to Levein's time in charge where you just knew that the team would have a shape and be well drilled. The difference with Laszlo (which is obviously partly down to the circumstances) is that we're far more attacking than we were under Sir Craig. St Mirren will have to be outstanding if they're going to stop us running away with the league.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 points out of a possible 21 since Ray went.  Same group of players and injuries to deal with.

Testament to bringing in an experienced manager who knows how to work with the players. He's been able to build confidence and belief in the team and hit hem to keep to a game strategy .

Also do the basics well - I think our passing game has improved / positioning and he's got them to understand and stick to a game plan. Our second today was one the best executed goals we've scored at home in ages .

7 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

What a difference Csaba has made. I can't remember the last I had so much confidence in the team. It's the difference between having a guy trying his best and hoping and a guy who knows what he's doing. It takes me back to Levein's time in charge where you just knew that the team would have a shape and be well drilled. The difference with Laszlo (which is obviously partly down to the circumstances) is that we're far more attacking than we were under Sir Craig. St Mirren will have to be outstanding if they're going to stop us running away with the league.

Can't agree more....

Friday is going to be a huge game.... (appreciate there is a  match thread for this pish - but relevant to discuss here in terms of the grand scheme of things). This is the chance to show The Maureens that we are not going to stop dominating and winning games, and they cannot afford to slip up. I'd be surprised if they beat us....

Following today's performance against a gutsy and physical team, I reckon we showed the class and dominance (as we have done in the last 7 games) that lead to Hibs walking it in the second half of the season last year.

If we can keep this going we are on easy street....

As PMS says though, despite the doom, gloom and disaster of the last few years, I am utterly convinced Csaba has what it takes to bring us out of the nightmare of the past few years and  back to where we belong... and we will get to watch some decent football in the process.

Feeling good...* ;)

*pished 

Your manager has done well so far, but some of the over confidence in this thread is hysterical. Still too many players with a history of under achievement. Right now, I would say it's 50 50 who wins the league. 

Csaba on the ArabZone post match interview continually referring to Fraser Fyvie as "Fyvie Fraser".  Must think he's Scott's brother!  :lol:

He has made the arabzone interviewers job the easiest in the country! Every answer comes with about 20 mins of material. He hasn't actually finished by the time the video ends. Comes across as very honest and thorough in his match assessments though, marked improvement from the last few dumplings. Extra marks for mentioning 'the Arabs' at least once in his responses.

15 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Aye with the enormous firepower you have you will easily runaway with the League. :)

image.thumb.png.92d77cd348f054c73b74a5af51e2692a.png

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Aye with the enormous firepower you have you will easily runaway with the League. :)

image.thumb.png.92d77cd348f054c73b74a5af51e2692a.png

That table doesn't really tell you much about form. One point here is that we are referring to post-McKinnon in which we have scored 16 goals in 7 games (we had scored 9 in our first 10). The United team at the moment is a completely different side to the team that started the season. Friday's game should be a cracker and I fully expect St.Mirren and United to pull clear at the top. If we can recruit well in January then I would hope that over the next 20 or so games we would be able to win the league under Laszlo.

Just now, stumigoo said:

That table doesn't really tell you much about form. One point here is that we are referring to post-McKinnon in which we have scored 16 goals in 7 games (we had scored 9 in our first 10). The United team at the moment is a completely different side to the team that started the season. Friday's game should be a cracker and I fully expect St.Mirren and United to pull clear at the top. If we can recruit well in January then I would hope that over the next 20 or so games we would be able to win the league under Laszlo.

We feel the same under Jack. He has plans to improve the squad which started with Livi's top scorer Danny Mullen who cannot get into our team due to Morgan, Reilly and Smith. 5 of the top scorers from the top 14 are Buddies. Utd have 1. Who knows you may very well win the League but you wont run away with it. But my money is on the team with the multiple goalscorers.

16 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

We feel the same under Jack. He has plans to improve the squad which started with Livi's top scorer Danny Mullen who cannot get into our team due to Morgan, Reilly and Smith. 5 of the top scorers from the top 14 are Buddies. Utd have 1. Who knows you may very well win the League but you wont run away with it. But my money is on the team with the multiple goalscorers.

This St.Mirren team can score goals, we know that, but on the opposite of that the same could also be said for the team who concedes the fewest. We have a superior defensive record with more clean sheets and fewer goals conceded which may be telling over the course of a full season. 

10 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

This St.Mirren team can score goals, we know that, but on the opposite of that the same could also be said for the team who concedes the fewest. We have a superior defensive record with more clean sheets and fewer goals conceded which may be telling over the course of a full season. 

Our first choice central defence pairing is Harry Davis and Gary MacKenzie. Both have been out for most of the season. MacKenzie had his first start back yesterday and Davis only two weeks ago but wasn't risked yesterday. So I expect our defence to improve once both of them are match fit. It will be a close and exciting contest but I do not see either team running away with it.

45 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Our team has multiple goal scorers.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Csaba on the ArabZone post match interview continually referring to Fraser Fyvie as "Fyvie Fraser".  Must think he's Scott's brother!  :lol:

It's a Hungarian thing. One thing I learned from a boozy trip to Budapest years ago is that Hungarians tend to put the surname first. No idea why.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's a Hungarian thing. One thing I learned from a boozy trip to Budapest years ago is that Hungarians tend to put the surname first. No idea why.

^^^^ Mutiny Sarto pish talking.

Archived