Dundee United 2017/2018

Thread on Twitter asking folk to post their favourite/best United team since supporting them but must only include non-Scots. I've been going to games regularly since about 94/95ish so I went for...
4-3-3
Sieb Dijkstra
Erik Pedersen
Jason De Vos
Gordan Petrić
Christian Kalvenes
Lars Zetterlund
Morgaro Gomis
Siggi Jonsson
Nadir Ciftci
Jon Daly
Kjell Olofsson

Seeing this team makes me feel very, very sad...

IMG_2057.jpg

No place for Joaquim?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FifeArab said:

He showed some nice touches when he come on and was unlucky not to score when he hit the bar.

He was on for 10 minutes and a contender for our best player.

How come we’ve gone from really good to pretty shit in such a short time?  Fyvie and Fraser’s injuries are a big part of the answer but they can’t be the only factors.

In a more settled/better performing team I’m all for positional changes during the game, but today we were all over the place with Lyng/McDonald Lyng/King positioning.  These players haven’t got to know each other well enough and don’t have the confidence at present to f**k around like this.

Is Lazlo trying to prove he’s some sort of tactical genius?

7 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

True but the prospect of them suggesting such a pointless prohibition seems so vanishingly small that you have to wonder why anyone would bother even raising it.

Clubs often refuse to give players permission to play in the cup whilst they are still in it just in case of the unlikely possibility of an emergency recall of the player then finding he couldn't play in the cup anyway.

11 hours ago, Daydream said:

Dundee United :lol:

10 hours ago, bobbycoxblue said:

He just sounded like one of you lot.. but dundee United emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Awa n shite the pair of you.....

It's not as if your mob covered themselves in glory yesterday, nor are they setting the heather alight in the league.

People in glass houses and that.......

Just now, stumigoo said:

It would be a brilliant signing because we desperately need a player like that but I don't think it will happen (although I'm happy to be proven wrong!)

Agreed, but have we not tried to rensign him before (when we were in the premiership) and failed?

Just the type of player we need imo.

Agreed, but have we not tried to rensign him before (when we were in the premiership) and failed?
Just the type of player we need imo.

He might be more agreeable to a move given his age but if St.Johnstone are serious in their interest then he would choose them.

9 minutes ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

Well done in your progression in the cup! May that continue with a few replays and extra times/penalties thrown in for added excitement.

United are finished. The Maureens could play their youth team until the end of the season and still win the league.

Archived