Dundee United 2017/2018

Csaba Laszlo on ArabZone saying he currently has 3 players "in mind" for bringing in. Says he is speaking with one club in particular. The other French youngster, Logan Martin, has definitely signed but awaiting clearance.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope so; equally if we turn out to be a team who can only really perform at home then we are fucked.

Was anyone else at Alloa?  Am I alone in thinking we were crap?

That was our main problem last year. We were virtually unbeatable at home, but utter dugshite on the road.*

We have picked up more points away from Tannadice this year than last so far tbf, but still ( 1st v Dunfermline aside) haven't really looked that convincing. As you say, this must improve or indeed we are fucked.

*See Dumbarton :shutup

40 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Csaba Laszlo on ArabZone saying he currently has 3 players "in mind" for bringing in. Says he is speaking with one club in particular. The other French youngster, Logan Martin, has definitely signed but awaiting clearance.

Surprised at that considering we are going bust in a matter of days.

Hopefully a couple of world class signings before the end of the window. Unsure if Danny Swanson will still cut it after all these years.

4 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Surprised at that considering we are going bust in a matter of days.

Hopefully a couple of world class signings before the end of the window. Unsure if Danny Swanson will still cut it after all these years.

Cosgrove used to wax lyrical about him on Off The Ball last year, and he can take a penalty. Think he scored all he took for Saints last year. (Ignore the one he missed for Hibs this year and my argument stacks up :whistle)

Reckon he still has a screw loose somewhere but is the creative midfielder we are crying out for now Fraser is fucked  (again).

Would love it if he signed.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

So that would be: Mikkelsen, Lyng, Slater, Mason, Kadded, Martin and possibly three others?  That's far more activity than I expected.

22 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Cosgrove used to wax lyrical about him on Off The Ball last year, and he can take a penalty. Think he scored all he took for Saints last year. (Ignore the one he missed for Hibs this year and my argument stacks up :whistle)

Reckon he still has a screw loose somewhere but is the creative midfielder we are crying out for now Fraser is fucked  (again).

Would love it if he signed.

Well he can't be any worse than what we have.

Some of the best footballers/people have a screw loose. Look at this thread.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So that would be: Mikkelsen, Lyng, Slater, Mason, Kadded, Martin and possibly three others?  That's far more activity than I expected.

Given the way things have been going on the injury front, there is a fair to middling chance that at least 2 if not 3 more of our players will get injured this week, (1 during the match on Saturday,  1 in training and the other whilst doing his weekly shopping), this is the minimum we need imo.......

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Well he can't be any worse than what we have.

Some of the best footballers/people have a screw loose. Look at this thread.

Anyone that thinks Swanson would be a bad signing for one of the most un dynamic teams in the second tier of Scottish football needs therapy. We are so devoid of creative options its farcical. 

Also, Cosgrove is one of the most irritating b*****ds going. So smug.

Reckon if we dont sign a creative, forward thinking midfielder  we're fucked. No idea if the new guys are up to it but we need someone who can spot a defence splitting pass.

Too little, too late as far as i can see. Its ok making signings to bolster your squad however how many of those signings can you honestly say are the type to win you the league a'la Commons etc for Hibs last season?

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
34 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
Too little, too late as far as i can see. Its ok making signings to bolster your squad however how many of those signings can you honestly say are the type to win you the league a'la Commons etc for Hibs last season?

The effects of 6 (six) 1 are now beginning to show. Flailing about the transfer window making wholesale changes to a squad that should have been good enough to win this league with plenty to spare. We turned them into an incoherent, directionless rabble. Utd beginning to loom a bit like us pre-Hartley.

They'll be happy to stay up and give it a go next season imo. #theirtime

7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Reckon if we dont sign a creative, forward thinking midfielder  we're fucked. No idea if the new guys are up to it but we need someone who can spot a defence splitting pass.

01-08-2017-Scott-Allan-dy-600x750.jpg

Apparently one of the players we can’t afford to bring in cause it’s over the budget.

I’d say try release Toshney and Briels to free up wages.

7 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Apparently one of the players we can’t afford to bring in cause it’s over the budget.

I’d say try release Toshney and Briels to free up wages.

You can't just release players without their agreement. These guys are injured and so won't be able to get a gig elsewhere. Why would they agree to leave for anything less than the full value of their contract and if you're paying that then there's no point freeing them.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

The effects of 6 (six) 1 are now beginning to show. Flailing about the transfer window making wholesale changes to a squad that should have been good enough to win this league with plenty to spare. We turned them into an incoherent, directionless rabble. Utd beginning to loom a bit like us pre-Hartley.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

#PartTime

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They'll be happy to stay up and give it a go next season imo. #theirtime

Just to remind you lads that the Dees have a perfectly functioning thread of their own that you can post shite like this on, and I'm sure they'll have lots of lovely greenies to dish out to you......

I would have thought that supporters of a Championship club who are second bottom of the league would be a bit more circumspect.  But I suppose that would imply a level of self-awareness that is obviously absent.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

Just to remind you lads that the Dees have a perfectly functioning thread of their own that you can post shite like this on, and I'm sure they'll have lots of lovely greenies to dish out to you......

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I would have thought that supporters of a Championship club who are second bottom of the league would be a bit more circumspect.  But I suppose that would imply a level of self-awareness that is obviously absent.

Actually crying.

#Dunkirk

On 17/01/2018 at 12:06, Demented Zebra said:

Before May 2018 accoding to my crystal ball :P However would much prefer to be in our position than yours its in our own hands , its not for you , you are praying we drop points. Have wrote in this thread already you have three away games in Februry we have three home games. 

Bump.

Phew.....

You have indeed posted very sensible  (and from our point of view quite scary) opinions on how February will be season defining..... (as in we're fucked).

However based on your recent meltdown on our match thread with Morton, it is clear that you are a raving lunatic (no offence) thus these previous very sensible  opinions and predictions can be safely ignored....

United for the league....8)

Archived