Rangers European Tour 2017/18

Topscot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Banter Years looks like it could be rolling onto The Banter Life.

Horrendous display last night, and despite hitting the bar 3 times they really can't have any complaints about the result.

17 hours ago, MJC said:

Best of luck to Rangers for tonight as they fly the flag for Scottish football in Europe. They'll make a better fist of playing in Europe than the likes of Aberdeen and St.Johnstone will that's for sure.

giphy.gif 

On 29/06/2017 at 22:22, The_Kincardine said:

Poor score - I agree.  I've no fears for the 2nd leg, though.

If you could just come on to tell us at what stage the fear set in, so I can pish myself laughing once more before work, that'd be fucking great.

This result would have been inconceivable for any Scottish club qualifying for Europe 30 years ago and as much as I can understand all the schadenfreude given it's Rangers that are involved this was sadly all too predictable. Our clubs have the budgets to do a lot better than they are doing, so there clearly needs to be a drastic overhaul to the whole culture of the Scottish game.

8 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

The Rangers TV highlights will be fucking glorious. I want them intravenously injected into my body then played at my funeral. 

:lol:

24 minutes ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Still laughing. This result worse than the Kaunas result. Girfuy

No shit?

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This result would have been inconceivable for any Scottish club qualifying for Europe 30 years ago and as much as I can understand all the schadenfreude given it's Rangers that are involved this was sadly all too predictable. Our clubs have the budgets to do a lot better than they are doing, so there clearly needs to be a drastic overhaul to the whole culture of the Scottish game.

Get fucked.

18 hours ago, MJC said:

Best of luck to Rangers for tonight as they fly the flag for Scottish football in Europe. They'll make a better fist of playing in Europe than the likes of Aberdeen and St.Johnstone will that's for sure.

IMG_20170623_235503.jpg

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Hiya Keith Jackson.

I'm pretty sure it was rangers, and not Scottish football that lost to niederkorn. If rangers want to turn their club into a retirement destination for Portuguese players then this is the consequence. 

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Bollocks.

Every other team in the Premiership would have emptied that shower in both legs. Several Championship teams would have too.

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Bollocks. I would say with some confidence that every single other team in our Premiership (or whatever it's called this week) would easily dispatch that fucking pub team. 

They'd probably all comfortably knock out Progres as well. 

I saw it described as a 'horrendous night for Scottish football' and it got me thinking why. I thought about the Rangers team, and the amount of Scottish born and bred players, and there are very few. It's a horrendous night for Rangers. A horrendous night for the players involved, and a horrendous night for Pedro Caixhina's transfer policy. But not for Scotland:

Foderingham - Fulham

Tavernier - Leeds United, Newcastle United
Cardoso - Benfica
Bates - Raith Rovers
Wallace - Hearts

Candeias - Porto
Jack - Aberdeen
Rossiter - Liverpool
Kranjčar - Dinamo Zagreb

Miller - Hibernian
Morelos - Independiente Medellín

Subs:

Windass - Huddersfield Town
Dalcio - Belenenses
Herrera - Pumas Morelos

Makes things like this from Jonathan Sutherland look pretty pointless attempts for retweets.

How much money have Rangers spent here. They should, without a doubt, have cruised through this game. f**k all to do with the Scottish game.

So a day after selling their £6 million star player for £500k (to the club who are managed by the semi-competent manager they sacked) they get knocked out of Europe by a club who have now scored the same number of European goals as Gretna :lol:  

cartman licking tears animated GIF

Archived