BBC Leaders Debate 31/5/17

Crùbag

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If May had turned up, as inept as she is, it wouldn't be a huge deal if she took a battering she could move on quickly and it would be forgotten about. Having not turned up she has made this debate a bigger deal than it needed to be and it could rumble on until election day. She has been totally outmanoeuvred by Jeremy Corbyn, a man who can't keep his own party in order. I've said this previously but how is she supposed to handle the EU if she can't see off the lovable old man with some crazy views.  It looks totally cowardly hiding from any criticism and scrutiny. . She's the one that called the election, how can she be so unprepared for it? It's also a missed opportunity to point out flaws in labour's policy and give swing voters something to think about because the shit flinging and hearsay doesn't appear to be doing much good. That's not even without mention how bad sending a grieving lackey to do your work makes her look heartless and doesn't help the impression that May is a lunch stealing cyborg.

The Tories are feeling the heat alright. That's a right panicky headline. [emoji38]
May is unravelling like a neglected Madam Tussaud's waxwork.

That's not a headline, that's almost word for word what Nigel Farage tweeted during the debate.

22 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

DBOrYQOW0AAin06.jpg

Yoons gotta be yoons.

She blocked me on Twitter after I laughed at her suggestion that Corbyn was responsible for the ISIS truck attack in Nice. :lol: Glad to see she's found her place defending Tories.

13 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

DBL_ObgXgAAKGOC.jpg.f01272eec2bae0ff50449eb83d6b934a.jpg

592f420eef4d2_jezlook.gif.ca0e1f248a988c044ec3e2e472d6faf4.gif

It's the Daily Mail; that headline was probably written well before the televised debate! 

I am not one for seeing media bias everywhere but I was a little surprised at the introduction to the Debate on 5 Live by Phil Williams last night...he informed us that Theresa May had refused to be pressurised into appearing and Jeremy Corbyn had only decided earlier in the day that he would take part.  It seemed to suggest that she was strong & stable while he was disorganised and indecisive.

15 hours ago, Shades75 said:

I've never said that I object to any of it.  I've never said that I support it, or reject it.

I object to your pomposity which seems at odds with other critiques and articles I've read on it.  You called the author out for ignorance, which seems breathtaking in it's arrogance to me. You might think that he's wrong, but he's certainly not ignorant.

We could insert "What about" at the begging of the second paragraph and coupled with a "?" at the end it would scan perfectly adequately.

I think, to regain legitimacy, you need to deconstruct the whole video, instead of cherry-picking perceived inaccuracies and tell us all why the Naylor report is perfectly correct and proper.  That it doesn't precursor, legitimise or enable the piecemeal privatisation of the NHS.

As someone who is ready and willing to be persuaded, I'm all ears and would welcome the education?

Accusations of ignorance, arrogance or pomposity from someone debating the merits or otherwise of a report that they haven't read, did I really read that correctly?  Once you have read it and "interpreted it" come back on and we can debate the issue properly, I will be perfectly happy to admit that I was wrong with any of the points that I have made from someone that has formed their own opinion.

I have no need to "regain legitimacy", I have laid out perfectly understandable points on why the Report is not as described by the youtube video and it is not a matter of perceived inaccuracies, they are actual inaccuracies.  If you disagree with me then find me the part in the Naylor report that is referred to in the Youtube video whereby it is going to cost £10bln to sell the NHS estate, it certainly isn't the highlighted section that follows the claim in the video.  This isn't a matter that is open to interpretation, it is written in basic English.  Now speaking of English...

Your "what about" would not fit onto the start of the second paragraph as it would read:

"What about if you are looking at the rationalisation of estates as being the privatisation of the NHS then you are late to the party. "

Which quite clearly does not make any sense.

1 hour ago, Thistle Bonnet said:

I am not one for seeing media bias everywhere but I was a little surprised at the introduction to the Debate on 5 Live by Phil Williams last night...he informed us that Theresa May had refused to be pressurised into appearing and Jeremy Corbyn had only decided earlier in the day that he would take part.  It seemed to suggest that she was strong & stable while he was disorganised and indecisive.

That was the line on BBC news all day. Implying Jeremy had performed a last minute U-turn while the PM stood steadfast in her resolve.

Radio Scotland surprise surprise tried the same tactic today because Nicola wasn't there, implying this was the same thing.

She was never going to be there as she had FMQ today.

Doesn't it make more sense having our Deputy there who is in Parliament anyway for a GE debate ?

Archived