"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I mean, Gardiner is a dick but footballers are generally pretty thick and always post stuff on social media criticising clubs when it doesn’t go their way. The club could probably have put it better but I think in this case the player was in the wrong. 

A bit like us on this forum in the football or politics threads where emotions are high. He did lose his job at a really bad time and there probably was a lot more to it than we are aware. As we have learned over the last couple years with ICT, that possibility is very likely. I hope he's doing better now.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The community engagement side is run by the ICT Trust, who do all the schools outreach, the summer courses, the Inverness Football Memories etc.  

The Trust guys are doing a stand up job.   County have nothing to compare.  

On the other hand, the community stuff between the actual clubs is night and day - absolutely no connection except with ex-pros and old boys.   Partly this is because Caley’s team is made up of eleventy three loan players, but a little PR training wouldn’t go amiss.  

Oddly, Gemma Fay was really on the mark on this on the Scottish Football podcast. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The Trust guys are doing a stand up job.   County have nothing to compare.  

On the other hand, the community stuff between the actual clubs is night and day - absolutely no connection except with ex-pros and old boys.   Partly this is because Caley’s team is made up of eleventy three loan players, but a little PR training wouldn’t go amiss.  

Oddly, Gemma Fay was really on the mark on this on the Scottish Football podcast. 

On the recent podcast it’s mentioned that the club have done nothing for the 20th anniversary of us winning the First Division and promotion to the top flight for the first time. The guys who played are having a reunion but the club hasn’t done anything.

Amateur stuff announcing this before a major early bird season ticket promotion. After labelling the area as an overpriced dump nobody wants to live in I've made a u-turn in wholly approving the Highland Council's prescient decision to refuse the battery farm. Next step will be removing Inverness from their name to avoid tarnishing the club's reputation.

2 hours ago, Weekeith said:

Die ICT die a slow and lingering death. You know that's what's at hand . Accept it.

^^^ ... the internet ... dearie me.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Amateur stuff announcing this before a major early bird season ticket promotion. After labelling the area as an overpriced dump nobody wants to live in I've made a u-turn in wholly approving the Highland Council's prescient decision to refuse the battery farm. Next step will be removing Inverness from their name to avoid tarnishing the club's reputation.

I looked up the battery farm issue last night. Until then I genuinely thought it was chickens they'd  be farming.

I thought it was a bit of a strange diversification. Maybe they'll try that next.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I looked up the battery farm issue last night. Until then I genuinely thought it was chickens they'd  be farming.

I thought it was a bit of a strange diversification. Maybe they'll try that next.

No chickens, but they were putting all our eggs in one basket.

Posted (edited)

Nothing from the club so far, not even a small statement acknowledging fans discontent considering this is the biggest fans protest in the history of the club.

I see on the club website they are advertising the club shop opening hours this week, they must be expecting a rush on club merchandise purchasing???

Doubt if they'll see a penny in trade just now.

Par for the course in ignoring fans, their main financial contributors.

Edited by SandyCromarty

53 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

If Inverness can't support a football team, does it deserve to be classed as a city? Dingwall is now the clear capital of the highlands for me IMO. 

There's still Clach

According to the Wyness Shuffle the ground Caledonian Stadium is on could be worth north of £80 million with the Freeport thing incoming. Highland Council own the land, but the club hold a 99 year lease from when the stadium was built, so I'm not sure if the £80 million is based on the remaining leasehold. Anyway, plenty room for speculation on nefarious goings on in the background.