"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

9 hours ago, Spyro said:

Fair enough, I used keep a closer eye on things but not properly for a while now. I totally agree about local reporters not biting the hand that feeds, but it is just refreshing to see a journalist who appears to be taking a risk, digging deep into a story and going against the grain, rather than just blindly sticking up for their mates which the vast majority of "journalists" do these days. 

How is the journalist going against the grain? There are about three folk still left at the club in an executive capacity, who are now openly courting takeover offers. 

The time for journalists and/or supporters' organisations to stand up and be counted on this issue was at least 5 years ago. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

Posted (edited)

I've only really been following all this from the ICT fans (and club statements) perspective, but often wondered what the mood has been in and around Kelty FC, including for example how they announced the initial agreement.

I decided to finally have a wee look, and was rather entertained by the state of the home.lage on their website 😂

Screenshot_20240606-070559.thumb.png.d8db9c62db60484e4de00a0c39245a4d.png

Maybe on some weird level ICT played a bit of a blinder, by identifying as inept a club as they could to enter an agreement with, then knowingly (but without the other party realising it) doing it in such a way that, if it all went wrong, it was always going to be easy enough to u-turn on. When you think about it, Kelty don't come out of the whole Fife Council factor with much more credibility than ICT did... I'm starting to wonder if it's maybe a shame if that partnership doesn't work out. ICT and Kelty may just be a match made in heaven.

Edited by The Great Stagsby

10 hours ago, Spyro said:

Fair enough, I used keep a closer eye on things but not properly for a while now. I totally agree about local reporters not biting the hand that feeds, but it is just refreshing to see a journalist who appears to be taking a risk, digging deep into a story and going against the grain, rather than just blindly sticking up for their mates which the vast majority of "journalists" do these days. 

Good news does not sell newspapers and the print journalists have been heavily immersed in our story all delving to get the best headline, 'Betrayel' a classic example of histrionic journalism.

Bear in mind that the print media do not bring financial gain to football but are a cost with their free entry and hospitality which they see as their given right.

And normally as part of the freebies they provide over generous reports to favour the club but in our case as some administration fall they are free too report at any level without fear of reprimand and loss of the freebies.  

Posted (edited)

Good news with Gardiner run off and a decision that will please all fans.

Now for the club to issue the Season Ticket promo and for all of us fans to get behind the club now.

Sad to read though that nobody wants the Chairmans job presently.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Posted (edited)

I’m not sure Gardiner resigning is going to make a huge difference to the immediate situation tbh.

Edited by ICTChris

59 minutes ago, virginton said:

I don't think Dodds would have kept Inverness up, but this is revisionism about the remainder of the campaign. Inverness were alongside Morton at the bottom of the table when Dodds was removed - we didn't change our manager and (somehow) ended up finishing 5th. 

Inverness changed manager and had a reasonably large change to the first team squad in January, had multiple opportunities to determine their own fate in the final weeks of the regular season, and then simply had to get past two play-off opponents to stay up anyway. If Ferguson had anything about him as a manager then he would have achieved safety in what was an utter dogshit standard of division from 4th all the way down. 

Nobody ever claimed Ferguson to be a good manager. He’s a terrible manager who was relegated despite being backed in January and having 90% of the season to keep us up.

The poster claimed Dodds would have kept us up, and that we were worse without him. Both statements are false. Dodds would have had us dead last, and we improved as a side following his departure. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’m not sure Gardiner resigning is going to make a huge difference to the immediate situation tbh.

It won’t, but he’s a fairly sizeable part of why we’re here. So he really had to go.

Edited by Sir Tarmo

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I've heard from various people that Savage wasn't going to touch the footballing side until Gardiner was gone.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I've heard from various people that Savage wasn't going to touch the footballing side until Gardiner was gone.

Savage name-dropped Gardiner in the youth team article as somebody he did not want to work with. We can only hope. 

8 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Not trying to sound like another one of those condescending fools flooding this thread, but there’s too many good people at your club for my liking to take joy in seeing it go under. Fiona McWilliams is an absolute gem of a woman and I would hate for her to be stuck for work through the fault of batshit mental decision makers above her, Craig Masterton got my son into football so it would be heart breaking if the community aspect of the club becomes more non-existent than already, and Dale the groundsman is an entirely pleasant man that lives on my mum’s street. 

Fingers crossed, boys. 

Indeed.  The ICT Community aspect blows County’s out the water in some respects.  Craig and Daniel Lamond do sterling work.  

Fiona, famously, being the one who identified the illegal player and had to make sure John Robertson didn’t blow it.  

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Maybe not re the overall financial situation but it will now encourage fans to renew their ST's which will be of some help.

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Good news does not sell newspapers and the print journalists have been heavily immersed in our story all delving to get the best headline, 'Betrayel' a classic example of histrionic journalism.

Bear in mind that the print media do not bring financial gain to football but are a cost with their free entry and hospitality which they see as their given right.

And normally as part of the freebies they provide over generous reports to favour the club but in our case as some administration fall they are free too report at any level without fear of reprimand and loss of the freebies.  

Print journalists get hospitality at games? This is an excellent result if it’s true. Can’t wait.

Obviously I don’t cover you guys, so I can’t comment directly, but reporters don’t get “freebies” for “generous reports”. You’ll find that local journalists have to tread a very fine line so as not to get banned by the club (one which I’ve been treading since earlier this year).

I’d also dispute the fact that having reporters at games costs clubs. Ban the P&J or Courier and then let someone from the club explain to shirt sponsors why they aren’t getting any publicity in the paper or on the biggest news website in the area. That was a situation some bigger papers had with Rangers a few years ago, and they quickly backed down. It only costs clubs if they could’ve sold the seat for money, but given most games are unlikely to be anywhere near a sell out it’s not really an issue.

Fwiw (and again as someone with a soft spot for you guys but not someone immersed in the club) the local media coverage has looked excellent. I know a hell of a lot more about the situation than I would’ve done if I’d relied on the BBC.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It would be an absolutely hilarious twist if Fife Council punted Kelty out of their ground over this. 

I found Kelty's lease with Fife Council on Registers of Scotland.

The lease was originally over the whole ground (pitch, pavilion etc). When the synthetic pitch was put down by the council in 2015, the lease was varied so that the council got the pitch back. Kelty still have a lease over the facilities and stand (I presume that is where the offices are).

The lease is clear in stating that there is no sub-letting without permission from the council.

I don't know what the arrangement is for the use of the pitch now, but Kelty don't have a registered lease in the way they have for the pavilion etc, or I haven't found it at least. Presumably there is some kind of licence agreement to use the pitch that doesn't need to be registered. It might be easier for the council to get rid of them, but it depends on that agreement. It won't have the same security for the club that a registered lease would, I would guess. It's all academic because politically it would be daft to evict them.

Edited by bunglebonce

Its time now for the club to do a press conference (or at least engage with a formal statement backed by the Supporters Trust ensuring all points are addressed) with someone (or teh remaining collective group) showing responsibility of taking temporary charge (they cant all sit saying its not my shit show) and divesting the events of the last few weeks clearly and giving transparency where we are heading including realistic deadlines for administration and what is being done to either pursue that direction or otherwise. All these little half arsed snippets on social media or press are not adequate to update fans given the gravity.

Gardiner is gone, but working his notice - whats that mean, how long (days, weeks - 3 months?) and what duties does he continue with..........again half a story and f**k all clarity

24 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah, I know Twitter isn't a great barometer, but the reaction to this news and particularly yesterday's "Btw, we're not going to Kelty" statement seems to be missing the bigger picture that the club as a whole is on the brink. 

It might be good news that you don't have to move and that the landlord is changing, but if the building is still on fire, worry about the fire. 

56 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

free entry and hospitality

Which at just about every club extends to a pie and a cup of tea. If, which I doubt they have, Caley have been dishing out full on hospitality to journalists then another example of financial mismanagement.

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Yeah, I know Twitter isn't a great barometer, but the reaction to this news and particularly yesterday's "Btw, we're not going to Kelty" statement seems to be missing the bigger picture that the club as a whole is on the brink. 

It might be good news that you don't have to move and that the landlord is changing, but if the building is still on fire, worry about the fire. 

To continue your analogy, the flames will be dowsed somewhat but fans actually buying STs now.   Not completely dowsed of course.