"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The council delayed the bypass/bridge project for a full year while they spent millions moving a few holes of Torvean golf course and building a top class rugby ground, but couldn't put an acre aside for junior football sides, like Inverness City at the time, who were thrown off Bught Park after spending £70 thousand getting Lister Park up to league standards. 

And there you have absolutely proved the point. Infrastructure projects cost multiple millions. Rugby is also a huge participation sport. You haven’t built a case why Highland Council should just solely spend its budget on commercial entities (like football clubs) 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

I was over at the Bught Park earlier today, a lot of path improvements in and around the area taking place. A lot of building work taking place at the Inverness shinty ground, plus what looks like gas/water pipes being put down. Something like 7.1m invested in redeveloping the park so I've heard.

9 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

And there you have absolutely proved the point. Infrastructure projects cost multiple millions. Rugby is also a huge participation sport. You haven’t built a case why Highland Council should just solely spend its budget on commercial entities (like football clubs) 

It wouldn't have cost them a penny to have allowed Inverness City to stay at Lister Park, built without a penny of Council money as it happens.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It wouldn't have cost them a penny to have allowed Inverness City to stay at Lister Park, built without a penny of Council money as it happens.

So build a case as to why they didn’t? 

8 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

The golf course is needed. There wasn’t an affordable golf course in the city after Fairways shut and the council did carve up the remaining affordable course. Think you will find there are more active golfers in Inverness than the few that support ICT or attend football in general. Happy for you to provide the facts if I’m wrong 

Inverness had one too many golf courses by the looks of things. Many people who play golf from Inverness visit the courses outside the city, like Muir Of Ord.

Also do you have evidence that there are more active golfers in Inverness than football fans who go to games, as you said in general that would mean supporters of any club since as with most cities and towns with football supporters don't all support local clubs.

I believe Inverness Thistle would be a very good name for a football club but Caledonian would be better. There was an amateur club in the summer league a few years ago with the Thistle name. Can't remember what colours they played in. They were in the bottom division and didn't do very well, it was around the time Avoch entered the leagues and were scoring over 12 goals a game. I might still have a team photo kicking about somewhere.

11 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

What was the big announcement yesterday, I missed it and by looks of it so did everyone else?

There wasn’t one. There’s an update today I’ve been told.

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They deid yet?

I take, since yesterday, has come and gone, this is good news for Caley?

1 minute ago, ecto said:

I take, since yesterday, has come and gone, this is good news for Caley?

Given our track record for complete lack of communication I wouldn't count any chickens just yet. We might only find out when we don't start the season or if the land and stadium goes up for sale.

Wednesday was never an official day for any news.  Director Graeme Bennett simply said on Friday that there would be some news by the 'middle of next week' and people took that to be Wednesday.  I know there was a staff meeting last night so I think an announcement was expected after, but I suspect whatever it is will be announced today.

There's been a bit of chat on Twitter about the news being positive but I'm not believing anything until it comes from the useless cunt of a club's mouth.

9 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Correct if I'm wrong but on our present stadium start up didn't HC give us £90,000 from the common good fund for road access.

As for Golf numbers, IGC has nearly 700 members I don't know the Kings membership but it will be near to IGC, plus many Invernessians play at the two Nairns.

19 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Any guesses which club will bring in wealth of experience CEO Scott Gardiner next?

If it's a Scottish club then the chairman of that club needs to be lobotomised. 

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If it's a Scottish club then the chairman of that club needs to be lobotomised. 

One possiblity would have been Kelty Hearts, but given their experience of our super communications skills they probably know to dodge that future bullet right there. They will still end up back in the LL, when the money runs out though.

Edited by CityDave94

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

would be some news by the 'middle of next week' and people took that to be Wednesday. 

There's been a bit of chat on Twitter .

Quite a few fans online think they have 'special' connections so like to spout shite making them look like a 'big swinging dick' who was in on the movements and revelations - In their minds they are big players in the Inverness pond (usual suspects from CTO apply)