• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

He's got a failing crypto company as well, so I don't think you need to be too despondent about the lack of money laundering opportunities. 

I suppose Raith would know amirite?

Guessing this is the same mob that tried and failed to buy Southend a few years ago? From what I see, Seventy7 Ventures were basically brokering that deal for anonymous foreign investors.... which suggests they have hee-ho capital of their own.

They also pretty much admitted their primary interest was in the property development associated with Southend at the time.

So, which assets do ICT have left to strip?

Edited by bpdon

So, the usual suspects had to chose between a very bold investment plan for the club which would have  removed the hangers on OR a highly dubious plan (just wait for the details to come out!) which leaves the clowns in place. The club have burned other serious investors and you guys will pay the consequences.  

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Sorry to read this latest development, it has strong vibes with our mob.  According to Companies House the main man is a 47-year old 'Entrepreneur'.  Aye right.

I was coming on to say exactly the same thing. 

Will the re-transitioning from Inverness Caledonian Thistle to Inverness Caledonian and Inverness Thistle phoenix clubs be less bitter than the formation? 

In all seriousness, that looks like a Claude Anelka style basket case deal. You have got to hope the previous board have done due diligence and have assurances in place that they aren’t going to sink the club(further than they are managing) 

The last board may have been a shambles but you’d hope they have the club and local area at heart. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Will the re-transitioning from Inverness Caledonian Thistle to Inverness Caledonian and Inverness Thistle phoenix clubs be less bitter than the formation? 

In all seriousness, that looks like a Claude Anelka style basket case deal. You have got to hope the previous board have done due diligence and have assurances in place that they aren’t going to sink the club(further than they are managing) 

The last board may have been a shambles but you’d hope they have the club and local area at heart. 

At least with Anelka, fans weren't really as aware of it happening and we had complete charlatans in charge. It was pre social media and fans (and clubs) were far less relentless in their due diligence. 

It's beyond belief the custodian's at Caley are going ahead with this. Before the current consortium took over at Rovers, there was a bid from a Swiss football agent who claimed to be acting on behalf of Hong Kong based financial guru Peter Chun. The claim from the agent (who wanted us to conveniently sign his son) was that he had overheard a phone conversation between Chun and his colleague who was visiting Glasgow while in a Chinese restaurant about how they were wanting to buy a sports team in the UK as part of their assets. 

This is like watching another club go through that but being batshit enough to believe it. 

15 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

When I saw Seventy7 Ventures, I had to google to check it wasn't Tom and Jean-Ralphio's entertainment company from Parks and Rec

fuck yes, jean-ralphio!

Nathan Barley came to mind for me.

Not sure if it's been pointed out but the press release says that they are bidding to be new owners - the club is owned by shareholders, if the new owners are buying shares from existing holders that will cost them quite a bit.  If new shares are to be issued to allow the investment to be made then that would require the shareholders to agree to it - those of us with long memories will remember the discussions in 2002 when Tulloch's effectively took over the company with a £500,000 investment from newly issued shares that some major shareholders opposed.

It must be pretty simple for them to prove they've got funds to buy newly issued shares.  ALthough, given our idiots crew of a board, it wouldn't surprise me if we accepted an IOU.

12 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

At least with Anelka, fans weren't really as aware of it happening and we had complete charlatans in charge. It was pre social media and fans (and clubs) were far less relentless in their due diligence. 

It's beyond belief the custodian's at Caley are going ahead with this. Before the current consortium took over at Rovers, there was a bid from a Swiss football agent who claimed to be acting on behalf of Hong Kong based financial guru Peter Chun. The claim from the agent (who wanted us to conveniently sign his son) was that he had overheard a phone conversation between Chun and his colleague who was visiting Glasgow while in a Chinese restaurant about how they were wanting to buy a sports team in the UK as part of their assets. 

This is like watching another club go through that but being batshit enough to believe it. 

Ayr was on the market for about a decade, they had the land at Somerset and prime retail land at Heathfield to be used for a new stadium with additional land that could be used to generate income for the club. 
We apparently had a stream of carpetbaggers trying to buy the club but the Chairman wanted written assurances that Somerset wouldn’t be sold until the new stadium was in place and any retail/offices built on Heathfield would be done after the stadium had been completed. Meaning someone couldn’t buy the club, build a retail park and then sell the club. 
Two went public, one had a very public meltdown on here. 

I note the American connection that was touted is the third shareholder in Seventy7 James Duy Nguyen a Vietnamese American Immigrant who was called to the Californian Bar, from what I can gather on him his involvement prior to 77 is in digital media.

Jacobsen the other shareholder in 77 resigned last year