"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

59 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Actual anagram “Arab pretty rejects togo”…maybe the Freeport will be used to import displaced Arab ladies to match with grumpy old football fans? Might be lucrative.

Are you on some type of psychiatric therapy programme?

Wouldn't jigsaw puzzles be easier for you?

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Are you on some type of psychiatric therapy programme?

Wouldn't jigsaw puzzles be easier for you?

It’s ‘Murica, pretty much everyone needs the help but no one can afford it…unlike there where you need the help, can get on a list, could afford it, but can never get it scheduled.

6 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Based on this, our team for next season might be:

?

Harper - MacGregor - Shaw

Welsh - Hyde

Delaney - ? - Ram - Carson

Ridgers 

And presumably Dodds still in charge 🙃

With one or two additions, I think we'd stand a good chance of defending the Scottish Cup 

I know I've said this on numerous occasions so keep your eyes closed @sophia as I'm sure you'll have some complaint as you seem to always do (you must be a joy to be around you moaning mini!) but, especially with finances as bad as they are, I really want a good number of our under 18s rewarded with professional contracts and possibly a shot in the first team! We have a good number of experienced players still contracted for next season going by that list on twitter so we would then have a mixture of youth and experience and hopefully a competent manager that could get the best out of that team!

If that was indeed the case then I would be a lot happier even when we went on a poor run (as is possible with every team) and would lay off calls for change in manager because I would understand that these said youngsters would be passionate about the club so would give 100% to the jersey!

Just now, PB1994 said:

Aye let’s fill out starting 11 for next season with a bunch of under 18s who are nowhere near good enough to be starting every week in the championship. What nonsense.

You might not need to worry about their readiness for Championship football next season.

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

19 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Based on this, our team for next season might be:

?

Harper - MacGregor - Shaw

Welsh - Hyde

Delaney - ? - Ram - Carson

Ridgers 

And presumably Dodds still in charge 🙃

Grim.

Watching this development with interest (certainly not glee).  Now I don't pretend to know anything of the background specific to ICT, but I'd have thought Inverness should be able to (financially) just about support full-time football - given that towns such as Kirkcaldy, Greenock, Ayr, Hamilton, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Airdrie and (dare I say it) Dumfries can all just about (and no more admittedly) make it work.  Of course, "just about making it work" only really gives you a semblance of stability - you need more (eg the new £££Gretna£££ look-alike clubs) to actually threaten the glass ceiling of the top league cartel.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Watching this development with interest (certainly not glee).  Now I don't pretend to know anything of the background specific to ICT, but I'd have thought Inverness should be able to (financially) just about support full-time football - given that towns such as Kirkcaldy, Greenock, Ayr, Hamilton, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Airdrie and (dare I say it) Dumfries can all just about (and no more admittedly) make it work.  Of course, "just about making it work" only really gives you a semblance of stability - you need more (eg the new £££Gretna£££ look-alike clubs) to actually threaten the glass ceiling of the top league cartel.

Half of the towns you mention either can't sustain it reliably. Airdrie and Ayr have bobbed around full/part time status - current full time efforts are not being supported by the fanbase alone but also some backing. Morton were in an abysmal financial state just 18 months ago - the fan ownership scheme and partnership with an outside company has steadied the ship, but there will be tougher times ahead. Queens' attempts at sustaining full-time football have been rather pointless given the results it has delivered.

Inverness' recent history has of course been far more successful (an asset - though of depreciating value) but the fundamentals for a struggling team reduced to its core fanbase are not good. Ground in the middle of nowhere, plenty of incomers and long-time bigot fans - it's not too dissimilar to Stirling Albion, who have never tapped into the local market with any success. 

18 hours ago, sophia said:

With one or two additions, I think we'd stand a good chance of defending the Scottish Cup 

Just keeping Cairns would be a huge start. Very impressive in his cameo against Morton but no idea why he's not getting more game time. Be very short sighted if the club don't try keep the highland haaland