"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

3 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Some were questioning the signing of Ujdar, like the Australian regional leagues are a much lower standard. But in future, could be worth for more players, as Ujdar looked like he'd played much better football than the Scottish championship 

Not so much questioning as kneejerking with the whiff of a word beginning with r that those that ridiculed Postecoglou x2 have had to consider.

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

10 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Some were questioning the signing of Ujdar, like the Australian regional leagues are a much lower standard. But in future, could be worth for more players, as Ujdar looked like he'd played much better football than the Scottish championship 

Maybe too quick to suggest we raid that level in future as there’s always good players who fall through the cracks I.e. David Carson who was playing at a low level in England. We’ve signed many a player from the English lower leagues who’ve ended up being completely pish

You can’t blame people for questioning the signing of Ujdur, signed from a pretty unknown level of football (to us) and from the other side of the world.

Good to hear he’s made a solid start, hopefully he keeps it up! 

7 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

You can't blame people for questioning the signing of Ujdur, signed from a pretty unknown level of football (to us) and from the other side of the world.

Good to hear he’s made a solid start, hopefully he keeps it up! 

You most certainly can and with good cause. Each and every one of them who revert to such negativity are toxic and are deserving of ridicule.

38 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Additionally, did anyone go to the supporters meeting today? Anything useful come about? 

I can give you a bit of a roundup. I'd say around 40ish there.

General concencus that communication from the club is severely lacking. And Gardiner running everything is a big block. On things getting better. 

New man on the board, did show up to be fair to him. But took a lot of flak from those there.

From club responses, fans survey seems to be mostly being dismissed by the club. However ictst would like someone to step up and join the board. And looking to continue to hold further meetups.

One thing I did find shocking to hear about was the West stand plans. Thought from the beginning, the further seating and roof was merely a distraction that would never happen. Confirmed today for me. Club not giving any information on how much was raised. But before that, they had agreed to use it for a raised platform, for better disability experience. Now I think it was also to get out of doing that.

12 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I can give you a bit of a roundup. I'd say around 40ish there.

General concencus that communication from the club is severely lacking. And Gardiner running everything is a big block. On things getting better. 

New man on the board, did show up to be fair to him. But took a lot of flak from those there.

From club responses, fans survey seems to be mostly being dismissed by the club. However ictst would like someone to step up and join the board. And looking to continue to hold further meetups.

One thing I did find shocking to hear about was the West stand plans. Thought from the beginning, the further seating and roof was merely a distraction that would never happen. Confirmed today for me. Club not giving any information on how much was raised. But before that, they had agreed to use it for a raised platform, for better disability experience. Now I think it was also to get out of doing that.

It is an excellent well constructed survey and the club should take heed instead of dismissing it.

Why don't the club take a matchday fans views sample at the gates?

Like many I contributed some shillings to this venture and I'm sorry to hear it has been ditched, for open honesty the club should announce how much was raised and what else it is being used for.

19 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Was a wind up Sandy boy wasn’t at the game today

How’d the Aussie-Croatian boy get on? 

Compared to the usual clowns we normally have at the back he did well however, you can tell he isn't quite up to speed and he ended up getting subbed off. 

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Was having a look at how Jay Hendersons been getting on at County. He’s only played 24 minutes in the league so far this season. Odd choice for him to sign for them when they play 3-5-2 most weeks. 

And today at Aberdeen was not a good day for the County.

5 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Was having a look at how Jay Hendersons been getting on at County. He’s only played 24 minutes in the league so far this season. Odd choice for him to sign for them when they play 3-5-2 most weeks. 

He left St Mirren because he wasn't getting game time under Robinson. There's no doubt he has a bit about him , but County seemed a strange move at the time !

7 hours ago, billyg said:

He left St Mirren because he wasn't getting game time under Robinson. There's no doubt he has a bit about him , but County seemed a strange move at the time !

I'm positive a decent part of County's motivation to sign him was to wind us up. They've got form for that in the past and the majority of those signings don't work out for them. Thinking here along the lines of Tremarco, Chalmers, Donaldson etc.

52 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Big Dunc straight to work, can we still sign loan players or has that window closed too? 

Can still sign loans from other Scottish clubs till Oct 1st I believe.

This is a an interesting appointment to say the least......

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Big Dunc straight to work, can we still sign loan players or has that window closed too? 

We have until the end of the month apparently. We could really do with some wingers and pace imo.