Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

All that time and an utter nothing statement. Get these jokers out 

Clearly a statement asking us to stick with the club and renew our ST's.

Answer - Offload the dross, Gardiner and Ferguson, then we'll buy in.

Edited by SandyCromarty

5 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Didn't know that John Robertson was still contracted to the club until June 9th, that's a question from a few months back answered. Looking to get back into management.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-legend-john-robertson-in-talks-about-a-return-to-football-4636645

Paying Robertson to stay away for months now!  What on earth's going on at ICT?

League One is where full-time football goes to die. Massive loss guaranteed by staying full-time, although with Falkirk out the way Caley should be looking to bounce straight back up. The positive is that if the Directors are happy to take the financial hit of staying full-time, I would assume there is no prospect of administration forthcoming. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Didn't know that John Robertson was still contracted to the club until June 9th, that's a question from a few months back answered. Looking to get back into management.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-legend-john-robertson-in-talks-about-a-return-to-football-4636645

Must be big gardens the directors have with the amount of ex managers / management team members they still have on gardening leave and on the payroll (allegedly). 

Edited by bpdon

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

League One is where full-time football goes to die. Massive loss guaranteed by staying full-time ...

Depends entirely on the size of that FT budget.  Falkirk/Accies had FT budgets this season that enabled them to sign decent quality.  Queens had a small FT budget that enabled them to sign dross.  It's also a case of how you use that budget - for example Bartley signed something like 29 players FFS.  If the budget is limited then maybe think about running a smallish sized squad.  Or run something hybrid whereby you pick up a couple of high quality PT players in the mix (who maybe have good jobs outside the game and don't want to be FT).  At this level there's more than one way to skin a cat as they say.

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

League One is where full-time football goes to die. Massive loss guaranteed by staying full-time, although with Falkirk out the way Caley should be looking to bounce straight back up. The positive is that if the Directors are happy to take the financial hit of staying full-time, I would assume there is no prospect of administration forthcoming. 

I'd guess that they've said they'll offset losses for one more year by which point they'll be hoping this battery farm malarkey is all sorted out. 

58 minutes ago, RiG said:

Staying full time is good (f'ck knows how we're doing that)

I'd guess its going to be a squad full of loanees again from down South - finding clubs so desperate to get their wasters game time they will just finance all or most of the arrangement providing they get the minutes. Long term aim for the parent club that the player might do ok or at least fabricate a move away rather than just rotting in the reserves - negative of all this is it will stifle our own home grown talent (but save on their wages) and we will ultimately end up with a team of jobbers and cloggers (that it means nothing to as they have no investment at all) as we beg and scrape the dregs from the English football barrel.

I will accept I may be wrong and there is an alternate route and plan though

20 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Clearly a statement asking us to stick with the club and renew our ST's.

Answer - Offload the dross, Gardiner and Ferguson, then we'll buy in.

You didn’t renew last year Sandy so perhaps you'll forgive me for declining to be associated with your "we" 

It's not all bad news and the BBC website has given me cause for optimism at least to the extent that the knowledge imparted by this larger than life character might've been heard in the directors box after the game on Saturday. Normally his bellowing would drift in the North Stand wind. 

3b846ef0-1742-11ef-b559-b5d176629cf7.jpg.webp

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'd guess that they've said they'll offset losses for one more year by which point they'll be hoping this battery farm malarkey is all sorted out. 

It's still pie in the f***ing sky stuff and gambling with the club's future.

I've got a good idea, why not try to attract supporters back to the club with the product on the pitch they they would want to see. if nothing changes it's shitting ourselves with 5 at the back against Annan and Dumbarton next season just hoping to 0-0 draw our way to a safe 8th place.

22 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

I'd guess its going to be a squad full of loanees again from down South - finding clubs so desperate to get their wasters game time they will just finance all or most of the arrangement providing they get the minutes. Long term aim for the parent club that the player might do ok or at least fabricate a move away rather than just rotting in the reserves - negative of all this is it will stifle our own home grown talent (but save on their wages) and we will ultimately end up with a team of jobbers and cloggers (that it means nothing to as they have no investment at all) as we beg and scrape the dregs from the English football barrel.

I will accept I may be wrong and there is an alternate route and plan though

I don't think that's a viable strategy a league down. Your looking at even cheaper players from lower within the English game.

Posted (edited)

Lots of rubberneckers checking into the ""The Caley Thread"" I see. With our full time green freeport megabudget in place we'll be back here very promptly indeed after a nice year of winning every week. Thank you to the brave men of the Inverness business community for pulling together in this difficult time.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

32 minutes ago, RiG said:

All for a one-off £3.4m lump sum. How many magic beans can be bought with that? That amount of money shouldn’t be sniffed at, but getting a passive income instead would be a much better outcome for a club making annual losses.

58 minutes ago, RiG said:

Not being an arse here....but has an appeal actually gone in yet?

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So, financial doping.  Why not just pay your way and work within your budget?  You're basically just a bigger East Kilbride.

EK actually win games, brother.

4 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Not being an arse here....but has an appeal actually gone in yet?

No. And they are running out of time to get one in. Probably less than a month to do so. 

31 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

All for a one-off £3.4m lump sum. How many magic beans can be bought with that? That amount of money shouldn’t be sniffed at, but getting a passive income instead would be a much better outcome for a club making annual losses.

Completely agree. 

55 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Depends entirely on the size of that FT budget.  Falkirk/Accies had FT budgets this season that enabled them to sign decent quality.  Queens had a small FT budget that enabled them to sign dross.  It's also a case of how you use that budget - for example Bartley signed something like 29 players FFS.  If the budget is limited then maybe think about running a smallish sized squad.  Or run something hybrid whereby you pick up a couple of high quality PT players in the mix (who maybe have good jobs outside the game and don't want to be FT).  At this level there's more than one way to skin a cat as they say.

I do think part of it is how the budget is used though. For example Falkirk had Josh Todd, Craig McGuffie and Michael Ruth all on our books in League 1 in recent seasons. And all were no where near good enough. Quite what made Queens look at those performances and think 'yes, we'll have some of that' is a total mystery. 

Hamilton supposedly spent more than us this season, but that didnt lead to a bigger points return.

We've had similar budgets across our 5 seasons down here - in fact probably spent the most during the season (considering we sacked a manager and paid Leigh Griffiths a medium sized fortune) we only managed 44 points and a -6 GD. Compared to 90 points and +68 this season, a fairly extreme contrast. So yeah, using your money well certainly matters