"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Posted (edited)

How many contracted players do you currently have who live in the Inverness area? I can't see them being delighted in driving up and down the A9 in the middle of winter. Presumably some of the backroom staff also live up there? 

Aside from the rightful unrest amongst your supporters, this just seems totally impractical.

Edited by edinburghhonestman

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

7 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

I'm expecting the club to carry on through this in blissful ignorance of public feeling with and impact on ST sales being initially apportioned to relegation. They will hope that while objections exist the summer recruitment of central belt superstars will woo fans back if not a positive start to league Cup and league will have many returning though fear of FOMO and generally seeing a winning team.

Genuinely don't expect to see the club hierarchy take note until small crowds are the norm but even then I doubt it'll register this season much as narcissits are rife at the club. Maybe if we have an unsuccessful L1 campaign where its costing more money and fail to get promotion they may think 'its not going well'.

No change will come unless forced and that involves directorial changes which look unlikely.

You are probably right on those two assumptions and that's more than likely their mentality, treating us like mugs.

The concert fiasco was a prime example of how Gardiner and Co are in tune with marketing.

I very much doubt that fans will return plus our reaction leading to adverse print and media press has reached far and wide enough to scare off advertisers and sponsors who will not want to cooperate with a failing business.

If Gardiners intention is to run Caley into the ground he's going the right way about it.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Crazy RC fans see of all ex-managers that Adams is more of a 'banter' appointment crossing the bridge than a misogynistic, homophobic racist

I don't even entertain "HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED" as a banter appointment, he's more a stain on the very existence of football/humanity.  Hell, I wouldn't wish his appointment on my worst enemy......even Caley

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

How many contracted players do you currently have who live in the Inverness area? I can't see them being delighted in driving up and down the A9 in the middle of winter. Presumably some of the backroom staff also live up there? 

Aside from the rightful uprest amongst your supporters, this just seems totally impractical.

The main reason put forward is to attract more central belt players as recent Managers have complained they cannot get players up here.

The old saying that a 'Bad Workman blames his Tools' maybe rings true in this case.

Is it likely that recent managers failed and blamed poor recruitment for their incompetence?

Previous managers got on fine and got the best out of what they had and many of their players went on to better things

Man management and knowing how to field a team seemed to be beyond the last two.

Butcher managed Ok.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Aside from the rightful uprest amongst your supporters, this just seems totally impractical.

They will be accommodated during the week in Kelty's premier boarding house.

2 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Brooks, Devine and Mckay are all contracted and have houses up here, well aviemore for Devine. As for the rest that are contracted for next season I’d imagine all of them are living up here but if they actually own their own house or not I don’t know.

18 hours ago, Comrie said:

Most of us want Adams in a job for a laugh. Malky can just do one.

Yep. Adams is a good manager.  f**k knows what happened last time around though.  He’d probably do a good job at ICT.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Yep. Adams is a good manager.  f**k knows what happened last time around though.  He’d probably do a good job at ICT.  

I still think Adams was pissed off from when we sacked his old man back at the end of his second spell.....I think he took the job on to exact vengeance the most Adams way possible.

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

I understand that Clach are trying to take their opportunity while local enthusiasm for ICT is at an all time low, but Gardiner is definitely petty enough to make sure they don't get anymore ICT loan players and cancel the Inverness Cup, which I'm sure was a nice earner for Clach last season.

12 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I understand that Clach are trying to take their opportunity while local enthusiasm for ICT is at an all time low, but Gardiner is definitely petty enough to make sure they don't get anymore ICT loan players and cancel the Inverness Cup, which I'm sure was a nice earner for Clach last season.

Clach would be mad to prioritise keeping Gardiner happy. Either he’ll be gone soon or the whole club will. 

If I lived in Inverness I would be thinking about going to Clach home games next season. Being in Glasgow, I have no idea what I’m going to do.

On 25/05/2024 at 11:24, Ray Patterson said:

The decision to pick Kelty is wild for several reasons, Kelty are your direct league rival next season, it's also a bit of a hassle to get to, it's a bit away from the Motorway. It's also an astroturf surface, which your manager has been on public record lambasting. If ICT picked some place near Perth, I think that would be much more palatable to everyone involved.

I bet if you were to pick a grounds in Scotland and rank them in distance from a motorway Kelty would be among the closest .  From the start of the slip road from the M90 to the ground is a massive 1 mile ! 

Then the suggestion that they have overlooked lots of places past Perth, Kelty Hearts are the closest team driving distance wise from McDiarmaid Park of any SPFL ground, at 26.1 miles (via google maps) which is 0.8 miles less than Dens Park is 

its still a mad decision but there is nowhere near Perth and very few places closer to a Motorway. 

56 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Would this move have happened if Ferguson wasn't the manager? From an outsider it seems like your "higher ups" are enthralled by him 

Ferguson definitely would've been backing this & I wouldn't be surprised if he was the mad man who came up with this idea. Scot Gardiner & Morrison would've been like "That's actually a great idea" cause they're  so far up his arse. Ferguson Lives in Stirling, Bollan is in Dundee & now they only have to travel to Inverness every now & then. Ferguson doesn't rate the youth or the local talent He'll be wanting to get "quality" players from the central belt or England.

We were putting Dunc in a house paid for by one of our directors the same one funding his wages I don't think he was ever supposed to be living in Inverness long term & there was times he was in his car after matchdays heading down the road to see his family. 

32 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Clach would be mad to prioritise keeping Gardiner happy. Either he’ll be gone soon or the whole club will. 

If I lived in Inverness I would be thinking about going to Clach home games next season. Being in Glasgow, I have no idea what I’m going to do.

Tell you what, Juanjo - you go to Queen's Park and I'll go to Clach. 😅

1 hour ago, Connor Macleod said:

We were putting Dunc in a house paid for by one of our directors the same one funding his wages I don't think he was ever supposed to be living in Inverness long term & there was times he was in his car after matchdays heading down the road to see his family

If we get rid of Dunc, maybe some of these big name central belt players would be keen to have a stay in the loch Ness side mansion for a bit. Instead of some weegie dump so they can play for Airdrie or Morton 

The podcast is very good - lots of discussion, saying many of things that I'm sure all our fans have been.

Some interesting snippets about it though - this was going to happen even if we'd stayed up and apparently even if the battery farm money (£3m+) had come through we were going to do it.  It seems like no-one at the club knew it was coming, including the players and staff.  Moff noted that several of the people he knows at the club found out about it from him.  It's just absolutely appalling, a terrible way to treat people.