• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

4 minutes ago, Shankland1874 said:

Think there is another heavy loss expected which could explain the kelty rationale 

I mean as in the year we made a million getting to the SC final. Not the season just finished.

33 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I mean as in the year we made a million getting to the SC final. Not the season just finished.

The chairman claimed in the podcast that the money gained in the cup went straight on covering debts 

1 hour ago, Shankland1874 said:

The chairman claimed in the podcast that the money gained in the cup went straight on covering debts 

I’m aware of that. I’m not implying the club made a million pounds im saying that unexpected windfall will have ‘eased the swelling’ of the debt so to speak. The club wouldn’t have budgeted on getting to the SC final.

20 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The primary difference being I'm not on this threda preaching about clubs overspending. That figure isn't correct either.

Preaching? At not time in this debate have I seen anyone connected with ICT said maybe we have been overspending for years and they should cut their cloth accordingly. They should down size, rebuild from the bottom and produce a model that is sustainable. Kelty is saving what? What not just cut that from the playing budget and stay in Inverness? You are right about Kilmarnock it was probably more. 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Preaching? At not time in this debate have I seen anyone connected with ICT said maybe we have been overspending for years and they should cut their cloth accordingly. They should down size, rebuild from the bottom and produce a model that is sustainable. Kelty is saving what? What not just cut that from the playing budget and stay in Inverness? You are right about Kilmarnock it was probably more. 

You clearly have difficulties in comprehension then. 

13 minutes ago, sophia said:

You clearly have difficulties in comprehension then. 

So you haven’t over spent for years? Trying to compete with Uncle moneybags 15 miles up the road has led you to ruin. I genuinely feel for ICT fans but they need to get themselves organised now. It is their club not a few individuals as comes across from the outside. 

Almost exactly two years ago, upon learning that Inverness Caledonian Thistle (ICT) FC was looking for new directors, I emailed the club with my CV, offering my services.

In my head, I prepared for a meeting at the Caledonian Stadium, at which I would make my pitch as an Inverness boy, a lifelong fan, a communications expert, and an investor. I would offer them around £475,000 in cash as a long-term, interest-free loan, to do with as they saw fit. I did not receive a reply.

Now, I see the club, in deep crisis, is looking for investment. I bought holiday homes in the Highlands with that cash instead, and the rent makes me money instead of ICT. I fear that my injection would be welcomed today, as – clearly – would a communications expert, while the thorny issue of the Kelty move trundles into a public relations disaster.

Mike Edwards: Where Inverness Caley Thistle trains is irrelevant, so bring on Kelty move

1 hour ago, BPM said:

So you haven’t over spent for years? Trying to compete with Uncle moneybags 15 miles up the road has led you to ruin. I genuinely feel for ICT fans but they need to get themselves organised now. It is their club not a few individuals as comes across from the outside. 

Winning the Scottish Cup in 2015 made us loadsamoney, unfortunately the club we beat in the final, (forgot who they were!), didn't do so well financially that year.

1 hour ago, BPM said:

I would think that most ICT supporters that have watched our home games over the last couple of years would regard ticket prices and STs as an overspend on their own budgets. I'm glad you know where Dingwall is btw.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

So out of a few thousand ICT fans we finally have one that agrees with the move, sadly he probably wrote that during treatment for a mental disorder in a lunatic asylum.

As a so called 'communications expert' he comes over as a pompous twat in that article wot he rote. 

You should have seen the look on many football managers’ faces when I turned up to meet them in the three-piece suit they’d seen me wearing on the TV news the night before while outside the High Court.

One of my regular missions was to interview then Kilmarnock manager Jim Jefferies at the club’s training facilities, which belonged to the University of Glasgow and were situated in the north of the city. Once we’d got the dreary business of his injury-depleted squad and the formation and system he’d deploy on Saturday out of the way, we got chatting. He was amiable enough, but I wouldn’t have wanted him on my team in a pub quiz.

P.S. I'm led to believe he's a regular and known face at Caledonian Stadium for many years.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, North West said:

Well lads n lassies, it definitely looks like your club is fucked. 

Surely time to get organised and get them out your club.

That’s a great shout actually.

2 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

Sometimes, just sometimes,  the Gods send you a simple  message. The straightforward take is that if Edwards is all for it you know with absolute certainty it is the most batshit idea in history. 

The Highland League version was David Dowling, self appointed spokesman for Brora who was the only person to publicly approve of the the bonkers Conference plan.

Posted (edited)

As from today that's us with only seven 1st team players contracted.

Ujdur, Gilmour, Longstaff, McKay, Nicolson, Davidson, Brooks.

Is this correct?

Edited by CityDave94

6 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

As from today that's us with only seven 1st team players contracted.

Ujdur, Gilmour, Longstaff, McKay, Nicolson, Davidson, Brooks.

Is this correct?

Does Devine not have another year ?

Despite possibly being one of our best players,we are as well selling Udjur, as big Dunc 'The Relegator' Ferguson clearly doesn't fancy him.

He'd do a great shift for someone in the Championship. 

Posted (edited)

Presumably Morrison held off on announcing the Kelty plan until it was already included in players' contracts, making it very difficult to reverse with only a few weeks till preseason?

Edited by welshbairn