"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Are you saying The Caley couldn't just waltz in and take the *checks notes* Greenock Morton manager?  f**k me, we truly are through the looking glass here, lads.

If only your looming administration event and club thread being moved to the *checks notes* Scottish League 1 General Chatter gave the game away sooner. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

46 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Personally I consider while Dunc may be found wanting, there are huge questions over Bollan also - either he is inept and hasnt learned anything from years at this level regarding tactics and recruitment or too scared to speak out against Duncball. Either way he needs punted too.

I probably couldn't be further from being ITK but from speaking to someone with a connection to the young players, Gary Bollan is very much a big part of the problem. I don't know if that means that he doesn't like the younger players, just has his favourites or is an all round arsehole.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

If only your looming administration event and club thread being moved to the *checks notes* Scottish League 1 General Chatter gave the game away sooner. 

Our current position in the pyramid is wildly irrelevant.  A game 7 of the World Series level 'swing and a miss' from you.

Without wishing to intrude,  I listened to the last couple of episodes of the Wyness Shuffle last night and Morrison sounded like it wouldn't take a lot for him to be persuaded to go, and to take Gardiner with him. 

Excellent interview by the guys running the podcast,  who I think also post here. Fwiw, your club may be an absolute binfire but it's the best single club podcast I've come across.  So, swings and roundabouts. 

The story I have heard is that Gardiner is out but is taking legal action about it.  The accounts have been delayed due to issues with the payment from Kraftwerk or whatever that Norwegian company are called.  

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The story I have heard is that Gardiner is out but is taking legal action about it.  The accounts have been delayed due to issues with the payment from Kraftwerk or whatever that Norwegian company are called.  

If Gardiner has been removed then they'll be working on his settlement agreement. Absolutely standard and takes at least a few days to iron out even when everyone is on the same page. If one of the parties is a bell-end and things are acrimonious then it obviously takes longer. 

10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

If one of the parties is a bell-end and things are acrimonious then it obviously takes longer. 

I wonder who that could be…

18 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

If Gardiner has been removed then they'll be working on his settlement agreement. Absolutely standard and takes at least a few days to iron out even when everyone is on the same page. If one of the parties is a bell-end and things are acrimonious then it obviously takes longer. 

If you're right Gardiner is a type that will sue for the max so that scenario will drag out.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Personally I consider while Dunc may be found wanting, there are huge questions over Bollan also - either he is inept and hasnt learned anything from years at this level regarding tactics and recruitment or too scared to speak out against Duncball. Either way he needs punted too.

43 minutes ago, fishy said:

I probably couldn't be further from being ITK but from speaking to someone with a connection to the young players, Gary Bollan is very much a big part of the problem. I don't know if that means that he doesn't like the younger players, just has his favourites or is an all round arsehole.

I, for one, am absolutely shocked to hear that Gary Bollan is still a fucking useless w****r.

1 hour ago, fishy said:

17 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

I, for one, am absolutely shocked to hear that Gary Bollan is still a fucking useless w****r.

I used to work with someone who's brother played under Bollan and said that he was absolutely horrific. A proper melt of a man 

For Morrison to claim on the Wyness Shuffle he's put in tens of thousands in the last few weeks only to leave the club shortly after is rather wild. He had the air of a man who cares about the club but who had sunk so much money in that he was at a point where he was really struggling to reconcile the difference.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

A club that relies on multiple local businesses to 'sponsor' (subsidise) its fundamental business model in perpetuity is not sustainable. There's a difference between offering sponsorship at a market rate, and relying on local businessmen to chip in to do their bit for your project.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business_hq/23231819.scottish-football-sweetie-firm-red-greenock-morton-write-off/

Least we had the good times. What did Morton achieve with their debts.................jobbing around obscurity in the Championship being a notable highlight?

Fact that as a club Morton have only recently started to get their own shit together and house in order is testament that this is the overwhelming model within Scottish (and beyond) football - there is little to no sustainability at any level. Without picking holes the reality is that Morton were only 3 points themselves from being in a play-off place.

For any sustainable club and  how long do the fanbase accept and back a modest regime with limited spending & progress compared to those still 'bank rolled' - most will eventually turn on their current regime to push boundaries while longing for a 'sugar daddy'. I will caveat though Morton fans may be different as they have a low bar to gauge against http://stats.football.co.uk/league_history/greenock_morton/index.shtml

41 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I used to work with someone who's brother played under Bollan and said that he was absolutely horrific. A proper melt of a man 

For Morrison to claim on the Wyness Shuffle he's put in tens of thousands in the last few weeks only to leave the club shortly after is rather wild. He had the air of a man who cares about the club but who had sunk so much money in that he was at a point where he was really struggling to reconcile the difference.

I don't doubt Morrison put in a large amount of money into the club in the last few weeks. If he hadn't the players wouldn't have been paid. It's really  that bad.

There's a lot of obsessives from other clubs following the Caley even down in the seaside leagues. For all the faults of previous administrations at our club, they have clearly done some things right as we have obviously rattled these supporters from less successful clubs.

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Not sure on the figure, but in the podcast interview RM did state that Dunc has taken a cut aligned with our drop to League One. Whether thats a tenner or four grand its not clear what was agreed.

He's inept. And not a people person