"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

This does not look good. One of these Walter Mitty characters that frequently pop up in football. Hopefully I’m wrong and it turns out well for you lads but I’m not holding my breath. Adult sized Pampers all round in Inverness I think

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

35 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

“I couldn’t find anything on this club” not trying to suggest we are some massive club but if you have an internet connection and google it’s all fucking there.

I am praying this doesn’t make it past the next stage, whatever that is, as this will be a total fucking disaster if it goes through.

Inverness? Mattar? (Probably for the oldie Invernessians on here). 

4 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Seems like our pal was previously known as Ketan Varia, management consultant, Masterchef contestant and author.

I think this is just a different grifter called Ketan. Fundamentally different plus the above guy is still posting regularly on linkedin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ketanvaria/?originalSubdomain=uk)

Edited by CS_Dumbarton

2 minutes ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

I think this is just a different grifter called Ketan. Fundamentally different plus the above guy is still posting regularly on linkedin

Aye you're right, have deleted it. This masterchef site must have listed his name incorrectly as the photo is of him.

https://masterchef.fandom.com/wiki/Ketan_Varia

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

Sorry if this has been mentioned, though couldn’t see it in the last few pages, but do the SFA or other bodies not have to do some due diligence on any prospective buyer for suitability, or does that not exist in Scottish football?

43 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Even the yanks are laughing!

I got two and half minutes into that video before wanting to recreate that scene from Pulp fiction with “say scattish again”

9 minutes ago, RJD said:

I had a 8 minute call with Hayes and Yeading yesterday and they had never heard of him. One member of staff remembered an odd guy fitting his description asking for boardroom access which was refused.

Seemingly he has enquired about 8 clubs who are struggling. All of them with desirable real estate,

If this is true (and no reason to doubt you) then this is incredible, especially in light of this linkedin post (https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7116705287759093760/)

I must admit that I'm not familiar with the management of ICT, but it boggles the mind that the board hasn't done any due diligence on this guy.  Especially given the significant history of criminals, liars, charlatans and other sorts of dubious characters being involved with Scottish Football and leaving clubs in a complete mess (or dead in the case of Rangers)

7 minutes ago, RJD said:

Trust me it is true. (I wouId testify in court) I stated that I was going to this on X on Friday after researching the guy for 4 hours. I worked for global companies for 40 years so experienced in this the of research.

His backers want our assets or hold us to ransom for our assets.

Very noticeable that 8 months ago his linkedin posts about H&Y stop very abruptly...

and one of the final posts describes himself as the 'incoming owner', after several months of talking up redeveloping the stadium and facilities 😕

Weirdo

14 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I must admit that I'm not familiar with the management of ICT, but it boggles the mind that the board hasn't done any due diligence on this guy.  Especially given the significant history of criminals, liars, charlatans and other sorts of dubious characters being involved with Scottish Football and leaving clubs in a complete mess (or dead in the case of Rangers)

My theory is the Caley board are still salty the move to Kelty was stymied by fans so just want to be done with it regardless of the dodgy nature of the highest bidder

7 minutes ago, forkboy said:

My theory is the Caley board are still salty the move to Kelty was stymied by fans so just want to be done with it regardless of the dodgy nature of the highest bidder

That makes sense.  Even then, the whole thing is an absolute shit show of hilarity. 

1 hour ago, RJD said:

I had a 8 minute call with Hayes and Yeading yesterday and they had never heard of him. One member of staff remembered an odd guy fitting his description asking for boardroom access which was refused.

Seemingly he has enquired about 8 clubs who are struggling. All of them with desirable real estate,

Oh my goodness 🫣 genuine nightmare stuff, this

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

I don’t know the timeline on these negotiations but if it is in line with the fan backlash to the Kelty move it’s even more ridiculous that we have, apparently, left Gardiner in charge of finding the next owner of the club.

When I say even more ridiculous, I really can’t stress enough how fucking mental it is that we have put the man in charge of finding a new owner/investor to someone who is hated by every single fan of the club and is only leaving because he has been chased out.

Also a member of the wyness shuffle podcast was very keen to get his face in the media to say what a great guy this new owner was because he has had dealings with him in the past.

If this was any other club I’d be pissing myself laughing at them at how ridiculous this situation was 

1 hour ago, RJD said:

Trust me it is true. (I wouId testify in court) I stated that I was going to this on X on Friday after researching the guy for 4 hours. I worked for global companies for 40 years so experienced in this the of research.

His backers want our assets or hold us to ransom for our assets.

What assets are you referring to?

17 minutes ago, RJD said:

The property company is owned by vile ex-directors who stripped our club of assets. Morrison and Cameron (remember the names)

Didn't those same directors fund your regular and enormous financial losses?

The exact same debt write-off = our property now gambit was tried at Morton just before we progressed to fan ownership - and was resisted effectively. But the claim that the directors were 'asset stripping' your club does not seem accurate. They weren't chucking money into a black hole out of the goodness of their hearts - the asset was jeopardized by the failure of the business.