"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Nice of you to add your heartfelt concerns for the financial health of ICT ... no doubt in a private moment you'll also be surmising as to the ultimate future of the mighty Spiders once the Haughey lad gets bored of temporarily funding his southside plaything in favour of helping his wee pal Brendan seek an alternative to perennial Champions League irrelevance.  A wee touch of irony here perhaps?

As it's a local club, I've been worried about ICT for years but this latest episode is something else.

See the QP thread for my comments on that club. See the QoS thread for my thoughts on them.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

A couple of years ago we dodged a similar bullet when John Sim refused to countenance a bid from a similarly 'fly by night' operation and we ended up with the consortium that have made such a positive impression on Raith since taking over .  I fear ICT aren't going to be so lucky, but I hope something nips it in the bud. It has disaster written all over it

Edited by bagpuss

Caley Thistle – not for the first time this summer – have left me with more questions than answers after their announcement on their incoming new majority shareholder Ketan Makwana.

The announcement from the club on Friday the board had agreed to an offer from businessman Makwana was a welcome development.

But the more I hear about the prospective new majority shareholder, the more concerned I’m becoming.

For starters, the revelation Makwana has made six previous attempts at owning a football club in the last three years, which have all failed, is a huge worry.

It seems he just wants to own a club – any club – rather than have any affinity for Inverness.

I’m also concerned that he didn’t know anything about Caley Thistle at all.

It is troubling it appears, based on his comments, he was not aware they were the Scottish Cup winners of 2015 and also reached year’s cup final at Hampden against Celtic.

Questions need to be answered – including on Scot Gardiner’s future

There are alarm bells ringing for me – but that’s because I don’t know what Makwana’s plans for the club are, or most importantly, whether he has the resources required to take the club forward.

Who are his backers? How does he intend on tackling the debt at the club? Will there be funding available to take the club forward?

Those are three questions right off the bat which I think everyone associated with Caley Jags are seeking answers to.

Then there is the small matter of chief executive Scot Gardiner.

His ongoing presence at Caledonian Stadium has been a major bone of contention for a large section of the support.

Makwana needs to let the fans know whether his arrival will hasten Gardiner’s departure, or if he will have a future once the regime change has been completed.

I’m hoping this deal is good news for the club, the staff and the supporters, but like everyone else, I feel like all I can offer is hope.

The devil is going to be in the detail on this.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6545864/duncan-shearer-answers-on-caley-thistle-investor-ketan-makwana-please/

The local hacks seem to be moving beyond their "wealth off the radar" messaging and going past his linkedin page to other social media in their journalistic sleuthing

Edited by welshbairn

The best outcome is that the fan backlash forces 70Seven to pull the plug on the deal and it turns out that they did, in fact, have huge sums of actual real money ready to invest.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

This is 140,000,000% a final 'f**k you' from Morrison and Gardiner to the fans for the backlash from the Kelty debacle.  Those two c***s should be in the fucking jail.

It's looking more like it and just as a footnote that Inverness Caley Thistle Concert Company was only dissolved on the 27th of June.

25 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's looking more like it and just as a footnote that Inverness Caley Thistle Concert Company was only dissolved on the 27th of June.

If i'm reading the Companies House document correctly the concert company folded with £5k in the bank and owing £428k.  The liquidator got the money and the creditors got nothing.

On 29/07/2024 at 17:01, SandyCromarty said:

This is nonsense and you know it, 17 years on here and posting constantly.

One poster on here copied a post I made on the Politics Forum where I mentioned Obama was coloured and he termed that Racist.

Fact is Obama throughout the worlds press has been termed coloured or African American and in a podcast Obama used the N word when discussing racism, does that identify him as a racist?

Further when I mentioned the proposed new owner I mention his heritage which  I clearly identified in a sporting context as cricket.

I have spent my life working and living amongst many nationalities, Arab, Persian, Hong Kong Cantonese, Chinese, Mexican, Taiwanese, Japanese and many many more.

Now I don't mind other clubs fans taking the piss and giving the shite it goes with the territory and I've given as much as I have taken.

But I do take fuckin exception to one of our own lashing out with racist shit and a fuckin childish post you c**t!

'One of our own ' 🤣🤣🤣

Sandra being found out for the horror she really is. What a shame.

Thing that gets me about Ketan Makwana is that he seems good at giving people what they want on the motivational speaker circuit for techy start ups, and probably makes a decent living. His problem is believing his own schtick, and especially thinking it translates into something he knows nothing about, the days are gone for mug fans buying NFTs of their favourite players with bitcoin. More likely he has no intention or way of coming up with the money, and is just trying to raise his profile on the speaking circuit. 

On 29/07/2024 at 17:01, SandyCromarty said:

This is nonsense and you know it, 17 years on here and posting constantly.

One poster on here copied a post I made on the Politics Forum where I mentioned Obama was coloured and he termed that Racist.

Fact is Obama throughout the worlds press has been termed coloured or African American and in a podcast Obama used the N word when discussing racism, does that identify him as a racist?

Further when I mentioned the proposed new owner I mention his heritage which  I clearly identified in a sporting context as cricket.

I have spent my life working and living amongst many nationalities, Arab, Persian, Hong Kong Cantonese, Chinese, Mexican, Taiwanese, Japanese and many many more.

Now I don't mind other clubs fans taking the piss and giving the shite it goes with the territory and I've given as much as I have taken.

But I do take fuckin exception to one of our own lashing out with racist shit and a fuckin childish post you c**t!

Ornz12a18bSe.gif.dba6ac0c811c8b2661a162748951669d.gif

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thing that gets me about Ketan Makwana is that he seems good at giving people what they want on the motivational speaker circuit for techy start ups, and probably makes a decent living. His problem is believing his own schtick, and especially thinking it translates into something he knows nothing about, the days are gone for mug fans buying NFTs of their favourite players with bitcoin. More likely he has no intention or way of coming up with the money, and is just trying to raise his profile on the speaking circuit. 

If what Alan Savage has said in the P&J is true Ketan has been given over 30% of the shares in the club for free and purchasing the other 20% to make him majority shareholder.

It gets more and more frightening/ridiculous every day.

If what could happen does happen, there’s a beautiful closing of the circle as the ‘Rangers of the North’ (to quote a former Labour MP for Inverness) see themselves living well beyond their means and trying desperately to stop the walls closing in on them. 

If what Alan Savage says is true it’s in the territory of David Murray selling to Craig Whyte.

Edited by ICTChris

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd argue to the contrary. There's been another round of sponsors of English Premier League clubs (at least Newcastle and Chelsea have) from NFT's and digital collectibles.  The clubs aren't going to turn down free money - which is why there's unlicensed gambling companies on some shirts too. 

11 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'd argue to the contrary. There's been another round of sponsors of English Premier League clubs (at least Newcastle and Chelsea have) from NFT's and digital collectibles.  The clubs aren't going to turn down free money - which is why there's unlicensed gambling companies on some shirts too. 

I get the impression they're more like Panini WC cards now than get rich quick scams. I see Jack Grealish is available for $0.15.