"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

9 hours ago, Ott said:

Latest I heard was that Ferguson and Gardiner were all set to go until new investor was secured and now they think they might get their payouts  

Ferguson has now started training at 1pm on a Tuesday to allow him more time down south. 
another cracker was that one of the young players in the squad came up to Dunce in the warm up to the game and said ‘sorry boss my calf is knackered I can’t play’ 

Fergusson’s response was ‘what position are you playing?’

”Im on the bench”

”Ah that’s ok” was the response. He has no idea who he has in his squad 

Doubtful.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Didn’t they used to have the same rule in the championship? Sure Neil McCann turned out for Dundee under that rule 

You could in the old division 1 days, I think it changed when the SPL and SFL merged and it became the championship. 

ICT were discussed in the latest episode of the excellent 'The price of football' podcast with the football finance expert Kieran Maguire. The episode is called "Bordeaux file for bankruptcy, Mbappe becomes a club owner' and the section on Inverness starts at the 10:45 mark.

Highlights:

• Seventy7 ventures acquired a majority stake in the club by putting in £30k
  • Seventy7 ventures are technically insolvent
  • The company (while insolvent) financed the deal by taking out a mortgage, in some way through a Jersey-based company called "Factortech funding the 2nd sell A1PC" (no idea how to spell that out)
  • In all, Kieran sees 'more red flags than when Ferrari win an F1 race'
Edited by CS_Dumbarton

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Those two have clearly been signed with the money saved from Ujdur’s wages. I’m pleased with MacKinnon, didn’t catch Flynn against Raith.

Would rather just Ujdar tbh

2 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Would rather just Ujdar tbh

I take it you’re not watching BBC Scotland then?

10 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Western total victory in Cold War confirmed.

Screenshot-20240802-102833-Samsung-Inter

That interview is a hoot. I am especially looking forward to when we "launch pad into exponential growth"...

2 hours ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

ICT were discussed in the latest episode of the excellent 'The price of football' podcast with the football finance expert Kieran Maguire. The episode is called "Bordeaux file for bankruptcy, Mbappe becomes a club owner' and the section on Inverness starts at the 10:45 mark.

Highlights:

• Seventy7 ventures acquired a majority stake in the club by putting in £30k
  • Seventy7 ventures are technically insolvent
  • The company (while insolvent) financed the deal by taking out a mortgage, in some way through a Jersey-based company called "Factortech funding the 2nd sell A1PC" (no idea how to spell that out)
  • In all, Kieran sees 'more red flags than when Ferrari win an F1 race'

Given our ongoing ownership concerns, Caley have my deepest sympathies. The whole Caley takeover just screams dodgy.

Meeting of the 2 most chaotic club ownerships in Scotland tomorrow.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

34 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Welsh looks completely done based on that first 45 mins as well.

There was always an overreaction on the players we let go to Queen’s Park. Perhaps it was just letting them join a relegation rival rather than the players themselves.

Welsh is a liability at this stage, a very good player on his day, but injured all the time. 

Sheridan was hopeless. Ujdur was a solid player but had some howlers for us, particularly that Morton game alongside Davidson. He became overrated by our fanbase because Ferguson stopped playing him completely.

McGregor is the only terrible decision that we’ll regret.

13 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

There was always an overreaction on the players we let go to Queen’s Park. Perhaps it was just letting them join a relegation rival rather than the players themselves.

Welsh is a liability at this stage, a very good player on his day, but injured all the time. 

Sheridan was hopeless. Ujdur was a solid player but had some howlers for us, particularly that Morton game alongside Davidson. He became overrated by our fanbase because Ferguson stopped playing him completely.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I would have kept Welsh until the end of the season if we knew he was going to stay fit but aye the MacGregor one is the only one I have an issue with.

22 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

I do think Ujdur was decent tbf, Carragher who came into to replace him didn’t exactly set the heather alight. Most folk just thought it was weird the defence wasn’t a massive problem before January, it was scoring goals and Ferguson thought it was the right time to bring in 4 new defenders. 

Agreed that Macgregor is an awful decision and the fact that Longstaff played over him is laughable and shows how much of an idiot our manager 

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

I do think Ujdur was decent tbf, Carragher who came into to replace him didn’t exactly set the heather alight. Most folk just thought it was weird the defence wasn’t a massive problem before January, it was scoring goals and Ferguson thought it was the right time to bring in 4 new defenders. 

Agreed that Macgregor is an awful decision and the fact that Longstaff played over him is laughable and shows how much of an idiot our manager 

The whole Duncan Ferguson signing 167 defenders in January debacle was extremely odd, and definitely contributes to the feeling some of our fans have for Ujdur. He was much better than Carragher, Savage etc. But if he was any sort of decent money I don’t have a problem with him going, it’s not nearly as scandalous as letting Roddy go on a free.

2 minutes ago, DonnieMurdo said:

Not yet.

This chancer is more of a David Brent than a Bernie Madoff..

"I started as a juice plus entrepreneur...."

There’s the first of probably a few of the youngsters away out on loan. Sam Nixon had joined Forres.

On 03/07/2024 at 20:45, PB1994 said:

You’ve said this a lot recently and it just isn’t true. This isn’t the 90s anymore. There isn’t a load of players sitting in the highland league that are good enough to playing in League 1 and higher anymore. Sure there will be a few but the reason they are not playing in the SPFL is because they don’t want to.

We also aren’t the only option for them to play for now either, Ross county aside, they have Elgin and Cove to chose from if they want to play at this level now too. Back in the 90s we pretty much had our pick of the best highland league players who had ambitions to get to as high a level as they could plus we also chucked them a decent wage to add to it.

Bigger clubs from all over the country and also finding young players with potential up here much easier now as well. Even our youth players have been getting snapped up by Rangers over the last few years. You don’t find hidden gems anymore. 

There will obviously be one or two exceptions to this but we are only looking at players from our academy and nothing else now.

Some young signings so far.