"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Apart from the Scottish Cup win, arguably today is the most important day in the clubs 30 year history clearing a path for non-‘phygital’ consortium to hopefully take over the club in the coming weeks and months ahead.

Amazing in less than one week what Alan Savage has been able to do and unearth. For what he has done for this club he shouldn’t have to buy a drink in the City for the foreseeable.

Finally, I hope Mr Gardiner is prepared to lawyer up cause I think the club has a very strong gross misconduct case. If so, I will enjoy the taste of every one of his delicious tears for the misery he has put the Club, fans and local businesses through these past years. 

Edited by northstander

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

From the Daily Record - "Savage and his representatives, GRM Marketing, will fly out to Lisbon on Monday next week for talks with a group who are understood to have recently bought Italian Serie A club Monza." 

Don't know who owns Monza, some group called Orienta were looking to buy them but that deal fell through in May. Whoever bought them bought them from the Berlusconi family. Nottingham Forest's owner was sniffing around them too.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

19 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

In an universally acknowledged decreasing dying industry where the only market is the elderly and the rest scan social media.

Extremely low marketing and publicity in a shrinking market though the scoops would have you think otherwise.

TV media journalism however pays well, maybe not enough, for the privilege, while last century's freeloads.

How often do you hear about Caley on TV, or get money from a live broadcast? You get free publicity everyday in the Press and Journal, and twice weekly in the Inverness Courier. The P&J sell more copies than the Herald, Scotsman and National put together, and that doesn't include their online and social media content. I think you're reminiscing about your old days of regular televised fixtures against the old firm.

I feel like Savage coming out and saying all this publicly is ruining any chance of Gardiner weaselling into another job and denying us The Caley fans to join in the pointing and laughing at someone else’s misfortune 

Think of the bigger picture here Mr Savage pls 

3 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

What's the opposite of going bust, because that's what we're going. Lol at the absolute violation of Gardiner in this video.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/watch-massive-burden-removed-from-inverness-caledonian-th-358828/

I hope that storage heater wasn't turned on.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's not unusual for directors of a company to get together and blame an employee for their own incompetence. Just saying...

Alan Savage isn’t a Director.

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Alan Savage isn’t a Director.

No, but he's an ex-chairman who knows them all and has persuaded them to loosen their demands on the club's assets. Directors had direct personal stakes in the concert, battery farm and car park schemes, they were at least complicit. Gardiner was just a wage slave at their beck and call.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The stadium is not their place of work  my point is that print journalists profit from the game but put nothing back in, You don't see their owners queuing up to help Caley out financially.

A few years back Rangers were getting pissed off with their numbers at games and proposed a £25 charge per man to their editors and of course a huge row was raised.

FFS not this again, Sandy :lol:

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

How often do you hear about Caley on TV, or get money from a live broadcast? You get free publicity everyday in the Press and Journal, and twice weekly in the Inverness Courier. The P&J sell more copies than the Herald, Scotsman and National put together, and that doesn't include their online and social media content. I think you're reminiscing about your old days of regular televised fixtures against the old firm.

I haven't fully read or purchased a P & J or a Courier in years and snippets i may have mentioned on here I have lifted from SM  in our circle I know of only one that does purchase a newspaper and he's a shinty fan

Then you have to consider that given the free access print journalists have to the club is their reporting fair and unbiased or do they toe the club line or they're out the door, I have more than a suspicion that that's how Gardiner ruled the roost.

If the print journalist patg and sat among us during the game and then did pm interviews all the better.

But for honest and unbiased opinions the go to place is the podcasts such as The Wyness Shuffle. 

Tam and Stuart purchase zSTs for their respective clubs

End of.

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The stadium is not their place of work  my point is that print journalists profit from the game but put nothing back in, You don't see their owners queuing up to help Caley out financially.

A few years back Rangers were getting pissed off with their numbers at games and proposed a £25 charge per man to their editors and of course a huge row was raised.

Rangers didn’t suggest charging journalists £25 to get in. They said that media companies would need to pay £25,000 a year for access to games, press conferences and a few exclusive interviews with Steven Gerrard. 

If it makes you feel any better, I helped out with Raith’s media team for a number of years, and other than a press pass, I received zero free stuff when covering games at Inverness.

In fact, off the top of my head, the only two clubs that ever game me a complimentary pie were Rangers and Ross County. 

Free programmes aren’t a thing either. 

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's not unusual for directors of a company to get together and blame an employee for their own incompetence. Just saying...

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

No, but he's an ex-chairman who knows them all and has persuaded them to loosen their demands on the club's assets. Directors had direct personal stakes in the concert, battery farm and car park schemes, they were at least complicit. Gardiner was just a wage slave at their beck and call.

You're a bit off the mark here. There's certainly people beyond Scot Gardiner who - allegedly - are and were complicit (I mean it's quite obvious to work out which directors fell into which "camp") in creating this mess but you're being quite generous to him with this take.

11 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Also a big fan of Alan Savages subtle digs in his press conference

Something along the lines of “When we were in the premier league, finished 7th and broke even…when I was chairman” :lol:

Would love to see Savage piledrive Gardiner through some concrete blocks. 

Thank you. 

14 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

More importantly the club is moving forward financially, slowly but surely.

Next the club needs to get that free loading print journalists with their photographers enjoying free parking, free entrance and free teas and pies to start paying as they bring nothing to the game but profit to their paper.

With ten of them at a game, at least, I reckon that's at least £50 a man, thousands over a season.

The club is crying out for fans to buy STs and merchandise yet their happy to allow freeloaders.

Every penny counts right now Mr Savage.

🤣  Getting to the crux of the issue here.