• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

So who's still got one of those pesky proper grass pitches in L1? Inverness? Arbroath? Any others?

We don't have a plastic pitch... but we also don't have all that much grass at times throughout the season. By the end of next month you could bring a bucket and spade to games away to Dumbarton, I'd expect.

3 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

We don't have a plastic pitch... but we also don't have all that much grass at times throughout the season. By the end of next month you could bring a bucket and spade to games away to Dumbarton, I'd expect.

So, did you relocate the current pitch at The Rock from the old Boghead? I only ever visited Boghead once (the ginger Ian Wallace was in your side then IIRC) and my recollection was that there wasn't much in the way of grass on show back then either.

47 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

So, did you relocate the current pitch at The Rock from the old Boghead? I only ever visited Boghead once (the ginger Ian Wallace was in your side then IIRC) and my recollection was that there wasn't much in the way of grass on show back then either.

I mean, I'm of such a young age 🙄 that I couldn't comment too much on the state of the pitch at Boghead. I would hazard a guess that the name meant it was, as you suggest, bare at times. That being said, I'd not he surprised if the last 2 years didn't rival that. We have really struggled with pitch maintenance since the old groundsman left. Prior to that it was one of the best in the country, especially given the level we were playing at.

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

I mean, I'm of such a young age 🙄 that I couldn't comment too much on the state of the pitch at Boghead. I would hazard a guess that the name meant it was, as you suggest, bare at times. That being said, I'd not he surprised if the last 2 years didn't rival that. We have really struggled with pitch maintenance since the old groundsman left. Prior to that it was one of the best in the country, especially given the level we were playing at.

Aye, similar tale with Palmerston.  It used to be a fabulous grass surface (the late Davie Cooper said it was one of his favourites) but towards its end it had deteriorated badly - don't know if it was lack of maintenance, change of groundsman, changing climate conditions or what ... so we have a carpet now.

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, similar tale with Palmerston.  It used to be a fabulous grass surface (the late Davie Cooper said it was one of his favourites) but towards its end it had deteriorated badly - don't know if it was lack of maintenance, change of groundsman, changing climate conditions or what ... so we have a carpet now.

We've been told we have the same on the way. It makes sense on many levels, even if there are costs associated with having them and the shelf life varying depending on what you actually get.

I see your bold Ferguson is in the midst of writing and autobiography. The article in the paper said it would be honest about his misdemeanors and hanging around with gangsters and princes.

So playing up to the hardman image ☑️ being honest about how shit a manager he is and how he's played his part in the ICT shit show, probably not 

Unsurprising that a print journalist offers an article on Gardiner once he's gone, where was this story when fans were angered with Gardiner from day one?

Typical Scots journos frightened to rock the boat with a club.

19 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Unsurprising that a print journalist offers an article on Gardiner once he's gone, where was this story when fans were angered with Gardiner from day one?

I don't think the guy writing in the Herald is worried about rocking the boat at a club north of Stirling, seeing as I'm not sure their editor could point to Inverness on a map.

I'm fairly positive The Caley barely register on Fowler's conscience Sandy, and why would they?  We're obviously one of the 'box office' clubs in the country but there's plenty going on elsewhere to take up journalists time, his own club are in a bit of turmoil on the park somewhat.

Also, I'm no journalist but I think it's fairly common practice to do pieces on people after the fact, not during it.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Did you get rejected by a journalist in the past? You have a weird obsession with them 

14 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The Romans used communal toilets, they wiped their backsides using sea sponges tied to sticks, the sticks were kept in large jars of heavily salted water.

IMG_0541.png.1a5bc37ea8f1c804d6eb5dad4148a568.png

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

No one had anything to say about him after he left Dundee or Hearts either?

7 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The Weldex Caledonian Stadium has a nice ring to it.

Time to give our stadium a bit of pizzazz. Rename the stands. The North Stand can be the Gary Warren Stand, the Main Stand can be the Alan Savage is a top shagger Stand. The West Stand can be the David Raven gazebo/wendy house.