• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Unsurprising that a print journalist offers an article on Gardiner once he's gone, where was this story when fans were angered with Gardiner from day one?

Typical Scots journos frightened to rock the boat with a club.

Craig Fowler literally recorded an online podcast over a couple of months ago with Ali Young (one of the Wyness Shuffle guys) talking about Scot Gardiner & everything that was wrong at the club. Cause he's a Hearts fan he certainly wasn't shy to talk about what Gardiner did wrong at his club & all the disasters that happened at ICT. 

While we're on the subject see if it wasn't for the likes of the local journos such as Will Clark & Paul Chaulk both of them pretty sound dudes. Paul even goes on the Shuffle podcast now & then. Clubs like ourselves, County, Elgin & the rest of the Highland teams would get very little coverage in the news. 

This agenda against the journos is stupid especially the local ones they don't get free pies of ICT from what I've gathered they just get a media pass. They sit there with a laptop, A notepad & a cup of tea or coffee if they're lucky most the time it'll just be water. 

Maybe they can rock the boat a bit more, ask more difficult questions, post more relevant stories etc but they've got a job to do & a job to keep likes of Paul Chaulk has been doing it since the 90's. Don't think any of us have a right to tell him how to do his job or tell him he's not welcome cause he's not paying for tickets, pies or cups of teas & coffee.

11 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Has Duncan “Big Dunc” Ferguson been sacked yet? 

I fear he’s not going to be. The club is still dying as long as he’s the manager. Savage could’ve ploughed £10 million in but it’s utterly pointless until he sacks him. That’s the final piece in the puzzle imo.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I fear he’s not going to be. The club is still dying as long as he’s the manager. Savage could’ve ploughed £10 million in but it’s utterly pointless until he sacks him. That’s the final piece in the puzzle imo.

Totally agree, I had a small hope he’d change up the approach for a lower league but no such luck. 

Hoping it’s not left too long to chuck him before we’re in real danger 

He’s managed to get him to take a big pay cut, which will mean a smaller pay out. Savage will give him a few more weeks to make it look like he’s given him a chance before getting rid imo.

5 hours ago, Buzz Killington said:

The first ever Highland Derby was 30 years ago today.  The Caley won obviously.

https://stats.caleythistleonline.com/matchdetails.php?id=113

Two own goals and one from Wilson, probably the best winger we've had, if only we had half that team we'd walk this league, Div 3 and over 3000 attendance Happy Days without a care.

Went into every game with team and fans thinking "we're going to win this".

We didn't but the absolute belief was there.

Now.................................................

Edited by SandyCromarty

8 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The Romans used communal toilets, they wiped their backsides using sea sponges tied to sticks, the sticks were kept in large jars of heavily salted water.

^^^  ... think you might want to lie down in a dark room for a couple of hours, might do you good.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Going by his quick action so far, I struggle to believe Savage has any time for Duncan Ferguson. He’s surely just getting everything in the background sorted first, while giving Ferguson some backing and then sacking him when he inevitably fails. Everybody can see we’re going nowhere under him so Savage will too, although if we wait another 2 or 3 games, our season could be over already.

1 hour ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Going by his quick action so far, I struggle to believe Savage has any time for Duncan Ferguson. He’s surely just getting everything in the background sorted first, while giving Ferguson some backing and then sacking him when he inevitably fails. Everybody can see we’re going nowhere under him so Savage will too, although if we wait another 2 or 3 games, our season could be over already.

Agreed cant leave it too long. Looking back over the seasons that statistically around the 50-55pt marker is usually enough for 4th place and given Dunc's record for hitting up the draws I'm not too optimistic he can turn around performances to get enough wins to reach that target.

11 hours ago, rockson said:

Really? Did Ross County not play against Inverness clubs before then?

Football in Scotland started in 1994 when The Caley were born. Everything before that was a mistake. 

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I presume the Council authorised the transfer of the lease for the surrounding land from the club to Morrison and Cameron?

The lease has never been transferred. The directors of the company that own the lease has changed.