"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Dougie Imrie had agreed terms and was set to be unveiled then Ferguson’s agent called Gardiner who told him he was available so Imrie was ‘thanks but no thanksed’ and 2 days later Ferguson had the The Caley scarf above his head.

That’s come from someone who knows one of those people who was in the meeting with Imrie, which was held in Aviemore.

Absolutely devastated we’ve been robbed of the scenes that would’ve unfolded on here if we’d announced Imrie 

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Scott Brown, Duncan Ferguson and “a player at one of Scotland’s biggest clubs who fancied a career change” were the final three.  But that was what Gardiner claimed, so it was probably John Brown.   

Apologies, @Savage Henry but I can’t believe anything that’s come from Gardiner. 

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

19 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Interesting.  Scot Gardiner was telling anyone who’d listen that wasn’t the case.  I’m beginning to think he was less than competent as a CEO. 

Only just beginning? 😂

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I criticise Ferguson Jr because he’s absolutely f**king shite at football. 

I suppose it’s kind of not his fault, his idiot father is playing him several levels of football above his ability.

Sounds like the Poundland Paul Dalglish

Edited by gannonball

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Criticising play is fair game but middle aged men calling out a 21 year old for being really weird looking is a bit off imo. 

Fair enough, I don't want to be mean, I have edited.

Jury for me is still out whether Brown is the real deal as a manager or not, but regarding Imrie while I suspect he may have done better than Dunc last season with what we had and who knows who he'd have recruited in Jan. However for all the plaudits Morton had last year they finished only 3 points above us (ok I concede it was also 4 league places) but that was their BEST season for years and even this one (still early days) they are mediocre and still the gang they always have been.

19 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Ferguson has shown utter disdain for our youths

Irn Bru cup next wknd which I really would like us to do well and show some desire to win the trophy but starting a very strong team, however I suspect we will be ripped off paying the £15 to watch Dunc put out a full youth team (akin to NoS cup) which will get hammered just to affirm his position of youths not being good enough. Nothing based on balanced representation but all around destroying confidence to fuel his ego and prove a (half arsed) point

15 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Jury for me is still out whether Brown is the real deal as a manager or not, but regarding Imrie while I suspect he may have done better than Dunc last season with what we had and who knows who he'd have recruited in Jan. However for all the plaudits Morton had last year they finished only 3 points above us (ok I concede it was also 4 league places) but that was their BEST season for years and even this one (still early days) they are mediocre and still the gang they always have been.

Whilst that is true, Morton were safe from 9th with about 5 games to go.  I'm pretty sure we made ground up on them in the last few games, including beating them 3-1 in the last game of the regular season.

On Managers, I very much doubt if Scottish football will ever see the likes again of Stein and his ilk.

Steve Clarke has come close but there's no one else who could skillfully manage a good productive European run from league level.

Sadly it's where we're at.

There was a time not so long ago when the teacher used to belt f**k out of the kids now we live in a time where the kids are belting f**k out of the teachers.

And there was a time when we gave the managers time to sort a team out now we have the likes of Duncan Ferguson who would be better suited as a weekend bouncer.

The world is fecked up.

40 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

5 years ago today

Looking back you feel that season was probably our best chance of promotion until COVID put a spanner in the works. That was easily the best team we had assembled since relegation to the second tier.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

On Managers, I very much doubt if Scottish football will ever see the likes again of Stein and his ilk.

Steve Clarke has come close but there's no one else who could skillfully manage a good productive European run from league level.

Sadly it's where we're at.

Sandy, are you setting the bar that high for The Caley already?

Maybe when we are back in the top flight and Celtic are back to shitting themselves before playing us then maybe we all have our European dreams.

Right now the bar is set so low that a draw tomorrow would be regarded as a good result.

Bar so low we could easily trip over it.

23 hours ago, Bobby1994 said:

I’m sure Connal is a good player but what is this saying about our youth system? I assume Jack Walker must be going out on loan going by this deal? 

Gone to Nairn till January.

44 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

There was a time not so long ago when the teacher used to belt f**k out of the kids now we live in a time where the kids are belting f**k out of the teachers.

And there was a time when we gave the managers time to sort a team out now we have the likes of Duncan Ferguson who would be better suited as a weekend bouncer.

The world is fecked up.

Yeah well you make pigs smoke.

52 minutes ago, The Black Flag said:

Sandy, are you setting the bar that high for The Caley already?

Maybe when we are back in the top flight and Celtic are back to shitting themselves before playing us then maybe we all have our European dreams.

Right now the bar is set so low that a draw tomorrow would be regarded as a good result.

Bar so low we could easily trip over it.

Read again, slowly, and you'll see I was referring to Scottish football in general.

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Sandy what the utter f**k are you talking about?

I would have thought it would have been obvious.

Or I could speculatively write endless what if permutations on Savage, Gardiner, Morrison, The Board, the surrounding land, team formations, the young players, money crisis, loans etc etc etc.

But I wrote about the manager in a round about way to break the monotony.

But each to his own, tolerance is also a virtue.

41 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I would have thought it would have been obvious.

Or I could speculatively write endless what if permutations on Savage, Gardiner, Morrison, The Board, the surrounding land, team formations, the young players, money crisis, loans etc etc etc.

But I wrote about the manager in a round about way to break the monotony.

But each to his own, tolerance is also a virtue.

In the last couple of days on this thread you've been talking about Steve Clarke, policewomen in Dundee, and outside toilets in Roman times.  So no, it's most definitely not obvious.