"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

3 hours ago, strichener said:

The way Savage has been speaking about controlling admin would lead me to believe that the previous discussions with the accountants would have been around doing a pre-pack.  If this is the case then they would be in control of the process.

Pre-pack isnt designed to save the current company, it's for a new company to take on the assets of the old one and continue a business that way.  Depends just how rangersy are they? 

Edited by parsforlife

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

Pre-pack may suit certain people if the conditions to see it through are met. However, the blow back from unsecured creditors would be colossal and comes with significant reputational damage going forward. If you need an example of pre- pack admin i give you JJB Sports.

Just now, Steve Carrella said:

Pre-pack may suit certain people if the conditions to see it through are met. However, the blow back from unsecured creditors would be colossal and comes with significant reputational damage going forward. If you need an example of pre- pack admin i give you JJB Sports.

im not sure the local businesses could be anymore pissed off after the Gardiner concert fiasco 

2 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

It’s very evident that some rival fans don’t know much about Alan Savage

If any central belters had even known Savage's name they'd likely not have thought of him at all between the Marius Niculae days (& that's an awfully long time ago now) & this August when he reappeared on the scene. So no, I think you're right, but I also think it's daft to expect them to know.

4 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Is that the same Savage who said in August that Inverness' debt had been written off?

He presented a plan, but as he's an external contractor it was never going to be up to him for that plan to be enacted. Though there was confusion among some people where it sounded like he was going to be more than a consultant. That's probably on me for reading between the lines & filling in the blanks that he was going to be the one buying the club.

what happened here?

This was back in middle of August.

I never saw a follow up to this article that was going around media at the time on the Directors at the club had agreed to convert or write off loans???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/clyw88kx84xo

I take it no such thing ever happened

1 minute ago, The Black Flag said:

what happened here?

This was back in middle of August.

I never saw a follow up to this article that was going around media at the time on the Directors at the club had agreed to convert or write off loans???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/clyw88kx84xo

I take it no such thing ever happened

There's been no EGM, & while you have to give 28 days notice obviously it's been a lot longer than 28 days since August 19th. That was one of the things I was hoping would've been answered at the meeting Monday but doesn't seem like anyone bothered.

3 minutes ago, forkboy said:

If any central belters had even known Savage's name they'd likely not have thought of him at all between the Marius Niculae days (& that's an awfully long time ago now) & this August when he reappeared on the scene. So no, I think you're right, but I also think it's daft to expect them to know.

Fans of Arbroath/Falkirk/Morton etc shouldn’t speak with such authority on matters they know nothing about. 

16 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Fans of Arbroath/Falkirk/Morton etc shouldn’t speak with such authority on matters they know nothing about. 

That's true, we Arbroath fans don't know anything about administration.  Because our club spends within its means.  

It is interesting that just a couple of months ago, there were articles and fans saying that this Savage guy had got the debt wiped, only for it to transpire that this was not in fact the case.  People on here are defending this by saying he never had the authority to do this, and he could only "present a plan".  And that's fair enough.

Odd though that the same guy is going to have the authority to "control" the administration process according to the same fans on here.

27 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

We really need a separate thread for just The Caley fans. The forum's administration procedural vultures are in the most tedious frenzy imaginable.

Fair comment this ... why don't you set up a thread purely for "ICT Administration" for instance and all the interested observers (eg fans of the other 9 L1 clubs) and amateur business accountants can post their views in there.  Leaving this main ICT thread for the purely fitba matters and associated banter.  Just a suggestion.

37 minutes ago, forkboy said:

There's been no EGM, & while you have to give 28 days notice obviously it's been a lot longer than 28 days since August 19th. That was one of the things I was hoping would've been answered at the meeting Monday but doesn't seem like anyone bothered.

No confirmation whether this happened or didn't.

Could just be a made up story or that the directors or ex directors did a U-turn but no one media or club ever bothered to up date this.

A bit like revealing that professional bullshitter Ketan had bought the club.

You just can't trust media these days and then there are idiots whom are experts at reading 'between the lines'.

22 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

That's true, we Arbroath fans don't know anything about administration.  Because our club spends within its means.  

It is interesting that just a couple of months ago, there were articles and fans saying that this Savage guy had got the debt wiped, only for it to transpire that this was not in fact the case.  People on here are defending this by saying he never had the authority to do this, and he could only "present a plan".  And that's fair enough.

Odd though that the same guy is going to have the authority to "control" the administration process according to the same fans on here.

Has this not been gone over already?

Sorry, but we can only give you so much attention with all these other posters whom are actually interested in the developments rather than trying to point score.

Please hold the line.

53 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

We really need a separate thread for just The Caley fans. The forum's administration procedural vultures are in the most tedious frenzy imaginable.

That’s sort of what happens when you’re a MASSIVE club. 

On 07/10/2024 at 21:27, PB1994 said:

Gardiner is an absolute f**king lunatic, as if that needed confirming, we started a new 4 year deal with Puma in May where we need to pay them £125k per year. He emailed Carlisle saying they didn’t need to bother paying any compensation for Cammy Harper, which would have been around £80k. 

Me if I ever see Scot Gardiner in an Inverness bar again: 

FQV1G2BXIAQSEog?format=jpg&name=900x900

Scott Gardiner is no doubt an incompetent walloper who made things worse, but haven’t ICT been spending more than they could afford to for years before he entered the picture?

It feels a bit convenient to put all the blame on one person.

3 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

Maybe they’ll just buy Airdrie and move them to Inverness.

Karma n’that

Using an installment plan which is bits of paper with "future batteries" written on them? Hey, they voted for Gretna, they can use them as a blueprint.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Scott Gardiner is no doubt an incompetent walloper who made things worse, but haven’t ICT been spending more than they could afford to for years before he entered the picture?

It feels a bit convenient to put all the blame on one person.

We’ve been over this countless times with the Morton/Queens brigade. Gardiner isn’t fully to blame, no The Caley fan has ever really said that, however he is definitely mainly to blame for the last few years, although Morrison/the board and John Robertson can shoulder a lot of it too.