"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

31 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Don Lawson, who ran for parliament at the 2005 election on an anti-smoking ban platform, securing 1% of the vote. He's not a serious guy and the chances of this offer being successful depends on who his partner is. But it would take much more than £1.5 million to buy 50.1% of the shares and cover our costs til the end of the season.

I had managed to completely forget about that bellend.

Surprised he can afford to get involved when the smoking ban forced all his businesses to close. Wait, they didn't? Go figure

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Any serious bidder isn't going to get involved until an administrator has sorted out the various claims on the club’s assets amidst the catastrophic mismanagent of the last few years. 

That's certainly what I'd do, but if they are meant to be having negotiations today with some interested party that seems like at least an attempt by the shareholders/creditors to stave off admin. Best chance they have of recouping the maximum of what they've thrown at the club I guess

Edited by forkboy

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

13 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

You're right, but given Povlson is Scotlands richest hombre at £7 Billion I think he could stretch to a few more shekels.

I don't know if you saw the tv series Highland Cops but there was a scene where two plods pulled over Povlson for speeding.

Sandy, Povlsen hasn't bid for the club.

Club Statement The Board can confirm that the time for any interested parties to offer for the Club has come and gone. We are currently looking at our position and will make an announcement in the coming days.

Hopefully they're planning to announce the Edward Ofere statue.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

After the last 5/6 weeks of nothing short of a fiasco, at last some positivity if Poulsons offer is accepted and immediately put in place. 

Ill not lie I'm actually excited about this. Not only for ICT but potentially to break the OF stranglehold on the game.

Not only my, but I suspect all Scottish football fans, warmest congratulations to you and the whole ICT family 

21 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Nor Charlie Reilly out injured for a long spell. I could almost feel sorry for you lads. Almost…

A player we absolutely should be sniffing about in the summer - try get him back to PT for a couple year to get games and build back up again. Can’t think of a player that’s body has struggled with a move to FT football so much before. 

On the statement today totally expected - best of luck with the administration. 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A player we absolutely should be sniffing about in the summer - try get him back to PT for a couple year to get games and build back up again. Can’t think of a player that’s body has struggled with a move to FT football so much before. 

Nicky Low would be a good shout. He oozed class for us but was made of glass and we couldn't get regular game time from him. Went PT and it seemed to do wonders for him: I'm sure you'd agree. 

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Any serious bidder isn't going to get involved until an administrator has sorted out the various claims on the club’s assets amidst the catastrophic mismanagement of the last few years. 

Why come in and spend money you don't need to at this stage, when you can hang fire a few days and pick up the same business for buttons?

45 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm pretty sure he had a considerable growth spurt at youth level which could account for some of his injury issues

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nicky Low would be a good shout. He oozed class for us but was made of glass and we couldn't get regular game time from him. Went PT and it seemed to do wonders for him: I'm sure you'd agree. 

Very briefly. I'm not sure it "did wonders" for him. He made a great start there off the back of being fully rested during Covid but he only managed about 30 games for Arbroath across 18 months and then about 10 for Kelty before disappearing again to Clydebank. I've no idea whether he's managed to play regularly for them or not as appearance stats aren't on their website.

Part time helped and Arbroath got more out of him than we did certainly but he didn't last very long.

45 minutes ago, Peil said:

Why come in and spend money you don't need to at this stage, when you can hang fire a few days and pick up the same business for buttons?

Wouldn't a 15 point deduction and almost certain relegation to the 4th tier be a consideration ?

'Moray businessman holds positive talks with Inverness Caley Thistle to help it avoid administration'

https://archive.is/DoPgF

My intensive due diligence process has confirmed that this guy is also a fraud:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67733818

https://thebusinessmagazine.co.uk/corporate-finance/nuneaton-borough-fc-considering-liquidation-amid-league-withdrawal/

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Very briefly. I'm not sure it "did wonders" for him. He made a great start there off the back of being fully rested during Covid but he only managed about 30 games for Arbroath across 18 months and then about 10 for Kelty before disappearing again to Clydebank. I've no idea whether he's managed to play regularly for them or not as appearance stats aren't on their website.

Part time helped and Arbroath got more out of him than we did certainly but he didn't last very long.

Was quite a significant injury he had for us. Leg right bent back that he managed kick his own arse. Was surprised he wasnt out for longer.