"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 minute ago, The Black Flag said:

You mean more cash to throw at a squad or are Falkirk doing this on a tight budget?

Tight budget indeed. Think we budgeted for 5th this season. There will be a bit of wriggle room due to the Celtic cup game but I'd expect us to make a small profit.

29 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Who are ICT's main creditors? Is it the directors who caused the current financial problems? Or are there substantial debts also to outside interests?

While I'm on... is this Shodwall/Shadwell character a cat or a dug?

Of the 4m of debt 3m is owed to former chairman Ross Morrison and 4 hundred thousand to 2 other former board members. They've been telling the club+ and still are) that this will be written off at some point. But giving the excuse of legal issues, causing it to take time. I think admin is the test of their intentions on it. 

They had transferred assets ie carparks, battery farm land over to themselves before leaving too. Which is another issue to be sorted done the line.

16 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Of the 4m of debt 3m is owed to former chairman Ross Morrison and 4 hundred thousand to 2 other former board members. They've been telling the club+ and still are) that this will be written off at some point. But giving the excuse of legal issues, causing it to take time. I think admin is the test of their intentions on it. 

They had transferred assets ie carparks, battery farm land over to themselves before leaving too. Which is another issue to be sorted done the line.

I guess the best outcome in a difficult situation is for ‘culpable’ debt (i.e. to former directors) to be written off prior to formal administration, which might allow a better/reasonable cva for other ‘non-culpable’ creditors (some of whom are likely to be very small operations).

Otherwise, as has happened in many previous instances, the guilty take the not guilty down with them…

(I’m assuming it’s too late for administration to be avoided completely, but happy to be corrected if that’s wrong.)

5 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

What day can we look forward to admin being announced?

Is it Tuesday?

And is there a realistic chance of it being avoided? 

Think it’ll be tomorrow, unless we receive a suitable offer before 10am when the courts receive the papers or something like that 

27 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I guess the best outcome in a difficult situation is for ‘culpable’ debt (i.e. to former directors) to be written off prior to formal administration, which might allow a better/reasonable cva for other ‘non-culpable’ creditors (some of whom are likely to be very small operations).

Otherwise, as has happened in many previous instances, the guilty take the not guilty down with them…

(I’m assuming it’s too late for administration to be avoided completely, but happy to be corrected if that’s wrong.)

The question still is what they really want, and if they actually will write off the debts. The battery farm profits were supposedly about that exact amount. With appeal due in November. I think they still want an association with the club to it. As part of their argument for it is community benefit. The uncertainty in ownership of the carparks has also blown a 1.7m 

It all raises a lot of questions of whether all these deals were for the benefit of the club, or for recouping their money.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Did anyone go to the supporters meeting before the game yesterday? Not seen anyone mention it 

Snapshot below from CTO. More info to follow. 

Screenshot_20241020_212927_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Fraz

7 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Duncan Ferguson, Cameron Ferguson and Remi Savage are off to Falkirk. Hopefully their contract includes a course on financial responsibility. 

We can't afford any more players & have to go with the squad we have despite 6 first team regulars including our 2 best players injured...it's because our budget has been spent & despite home games that will have 6000 spectators at least (4 times what ICT had against Annan) we continue to live within our means. I realise this is contrary to everything you & your little club believe in but there you are

26 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

We can't afford any more players & have to go with the squad we have despite 6 first team regulars including our 2 best players injured...it's because our budget has been spent & despite home games that will have 6000 spectators at least (4 times what ICT had against Annan) we continue to live within our means. I realise this is contrary to everything you & your little club believe in but there you are

Living within your means, except all the losses, just like us, interesting.