"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

44 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is he the guy who can't get a game for Forfar?

Yup. Here is what some of their fans have to say on Ferguson from their club thread.  

On 10/01/2024 at 11:27, ForfarLoon84 said:

Ferguson should be nowhere near our starting 11.

On 12/01/2024 at 02:30, RateofKnots said:

If it wasn't for Ferguson, I'd say he was the worst footballer I'd seen at Forfar in recent times. 

On 12/01/2024 at 16:09, Replays said:

To be fair, McLean cannot be any worse than Ferguson based on the little I’ve seen of both.

On 23/11/2023 at 15:48, ScottishLoon said:

Ferguson- looks a complete dumpling 90% of the time and a complete mystery to what his strengths are.

A complete jobs for the boys signing.

12 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Why does the chairman not simply sell his property empire and buy us some strikers?

You can be asset/property rich but cash poor.

And the assets/property may be high risk/ low return when offered as collateral.

On 06/03/2024 at 21:56, PB1994 said:

Very interesting meeting tonight. Worth a one off payment of £3.4 million to the club if this gets approved.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/4-community-councils-representing-13-700-residents-unite-to-344556/

https://ictfc.com/bess-fairways-23-00497-ful-reasons-why-this-application-can-and-should-be-approved/

29 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Colour me shocked that Inverness CT's representative at the meeting 'simplified' the matter of who actually gets paid. 

33 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

So as with the tory party who have totally ignored the majority of UK citizens for the past 14 years with their reckless monetary policies.

The Caley board, who have ignored their fans for too long, now knock on their fans doors asking for support?

I, like all Caley fans, always will support my club,  so putting aside the clubs distancing from us, I will lobby my local Councillor.

But this has now to be the beginning of a bridge between fans and club.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

So as with the tory party who have totally ignored the majority of UK citizens for the past 14 years with their reckless monetary policies.

The Caley board, who have ignored their fans for too long, now knock on their fans doors asking for support?

I, like all Caley fans, always will support my club,  so putting aside the clubs distancing from us, I will lobby my local Councillor.

But this has now to be the beginning of a bridge between fans and club.

Except that is, when you don't. 

The club would be on a much better footing if there was less performative girning and more, oh let's see, oh yes, more season ticket renewing

Sadly I don’t have an Inverness postcode, but as part of the Caley diaspora I would encourage any of you who can to email your councillors. The answers set out in the club statement seem perfectly reasonable to me, it would be ridiculous for the council to block a business opportunity and a bonus for the club for the sake of a few NIMBYs.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

From that article:

“Contrary to multiple statements made… the land is not owned by Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club.

“According to the Land Register of Scotland, the sole proprietor of the land is Fairways Inverness Limited.

“The many layers of implied ownership, overlapping directorships and interested parties seems intentionally opaque."

Was this addressed at the open meeting at all? Or the point that the planning application claims the community trust will be the beneficiary when all the public statements are about the football club's budget?

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

From that article:

“Contrary to multiple statements made… the land is not owned by Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club.

“According to the Land Register of Scotland, the sole proprietor of the land is Fairways Inverness Limited.

“The many layers of implied ownership, overlapping directorships and interested parties seems intentionally opaque."

Was this addressed at the open meeting at all? Or the point that the planning application claims the community trust will be the beneficiary when all the public statements are about the football club's budget?

Ex Caley Director David Sutherland in one of the owners of Fairways.

So the question of who owns the land and who will be favoured to develop it is self explanatory.

14 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

From that article:

They explained at the meeting that once planning permission is approved the club will sell the shares in the relevant company. So the club doesn’t directly own the land, but it owns at least some shares in the company that owns the land.

On 01/03/2024 at 13:42, thruthenight said:

Lawal hasn't played much, but has shown potential when he has. Speedy, can play a pass, although certainly a bit lightweight at the moment

On 01/03/2024 at 14:58, ATLIS said:

From what I've seen of him (absolutely very little bar a few late sub cameos), he seems to be a bit of a deep lying CM. Done decent by all accounts at youth international levels though but completely untested in actual competitive senior football. Could be just us getting him ready to be a starter at that level next season

We'll he's certainly got a touch and a pass. 

I didn’t expect him to last past the hour mark today but there was a through ball quite late in the game straight through the D and towards the penalty spot that was crying out for a striker to properly anticipate. That was the game right there. Alas the pass was better than the striker's run. 

56 minutes ago, sophia said:

We'll he's certainly got a touch and a pass. 

I didn’t expect him to last past the hour mark today but there was a through ball quite late in the game straight through the D and towards the penalty spot that was crying out for a striker to properly anticipate. That was the game right there. Alas the pass was better than the striker's run. 

Yeah kind of thought he would with the youth caps he's had. Encouraging to hear though!

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah kind of thought he would with the youth caps he's had. Encouraging to hear though!

Aye he was decent enough. You can tell he’s not played a lot of football but the more he plays the better he will get.

I suspect 39 points should see us avoid the bottom two with our goal difference. Eight of the horniest 0-0 draws please Mr Dunc.