"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

After we won the title in 2003/04 we were initially denied promotion because we didn't have a 10,000 all seater stadium.  We proposed to ground share with Aberdeen but this was rejected.  However, following that we lobbied within the SPL (as it then was) and managed to persuade the clubs to rethink and we were eventually promoted and the rules on stadiums were relaxed, allowing us to properly redevelop our stadium for the top flight.

Between 2002 and 2013 we had four managers leave our club to take over at other larger clubs (|Paterson to Aberdeen, Robbo to Hearts, Brewster to Dundee Utd, Butcher to Hibs).  Each deal netted us a six figure sum, we very likely took in more than half a million pounds during that time just from these deals and every time we improved as a team afterwards.

If we were in either of those situations again, does anyone think that we'd have the same level of influence or be able to strike deals as positive for the club?  No chance.  People won't negotiate with us in good faith, why would they?  If we don't like their offer we'll just leak the WhatsApp messages.

Regarding an inquiry, I think the whole affair has been a shambles and in theory an inquiry would be a good idea but in reality, what's the point?  Say the inquiry came back and said that nothing improper was done, would our board, or the Rangers board or the Hearts board accept that?  No they won't.  If it comes back and says the whole thing was a big stitch up, then what happens then?  We kick out the chairman of 30 clubs?  The fact is that the accusations from our board and others are wooly and ill defined and any further inquiry would very likely be inconclusive.

The whole affair has dragged the name of the club through the mud, allied us with the nutcase fringe of Scottish football and served to reduce our standing and influence.  And for what purpose?  Absolutely none.  A complete failure on all levels by the club.  

And the buck or the (blue poond) has to stop with Gardiner.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

FTFY. 

17 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I have mentioned before I was sorry to see that ICT released Andrew Macrae a couple of seasons ago so I was pleased to see that Andrew who is now with Brora has been voted Highland League player of the year.

That'll be your apology.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

He'll get back to my reply about the 24th, I think. Most likely in the Netflix topic. 

What the feck do I have to apologise for, for saying that you wanted to see a mosque going bust was a racist comment?

It is whichever way you want to spin it.

Gie yer heed a fuckin shake.

There's wiser eating grass fer fecksake than you.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

After we won the title in 2003/04 we were initially denied promotion because we didn't have a 10,000 all seater stadium.  We proposed to ground share with Aberdeen but this was rejected.  However, following that we lobbied within the SPL (as it then was) and managed to persuade the clubs to rethink and we were eventually promoted and the rules on stadiums were relaxed, allowing us to properly redevelop our stadium for the top flight.

Between 2002 and 2013 we had four managers leave our club to take over at other larger clubs (|Paterson to Aberdeen, Robbo to Hearts, Brewster to Dundee Utd, Butcher to Hibs).  Each deal netted us a six figure sum, we very likely took in more than half a million pounds during that time just from these deals and every time we improved as a team afterwards.

If we were in either of those situations again, does anyone think that we'd have the same level of influence or be able to strike deals as positive for the club?  No chance.  People won't negotiate with us in good faith, why would they?  If we don't like their offer we'll just leak the WhatsApp messages.

Regarding an inquiry, I think the whole affair has been a shambles and in theory an inquiry would be a good idea but in reality, what's the point?  Say the inquiry came back and said that nothing improper was done, would our board, or the Rangers board or the Hearts board accept that?  No they won't.  If it comes back and says the whole thing was a big stitch up, then what happens then?  We kick out the chairman of 30 clubs?  The fact is that the accusations from our board and others are wooly and ill defined and any further inquiry would very likely be inconclusive.

The whole affair has dragged the name of the club through the mud, allied us with the nutcase fringe of Scottish football and served to reduce our standing and influence.  And for what purpose?  Absolutely none.  A complete failure on all levels by the club.  

Sorry, you lost me with the first bolded part.

You then veer into punk clairvoyancy with a splash of Alan Simpson to boot.

Is this. is this a pile on with full on fulminating?

47 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

What the feck do I have to apologise for, for saying that you wanted to see a mosque going bust was a racist comment?

It is whichever way you want to spin it.

Gie yer heed a fuckin shake.

There's wiser eating grass fer fecksake than you.

^^^ Father Jack, IMO. 

On 12/05/2020 at 12:16, D'Jaffo said:

Ross Morrison needs to spend more time looking for a new CEO rather than flicking through a thesaurus for words that he thinks will make him sound clever.

I just checked my thesaurus.  "Scintilla" and "Scurrilous" are on the same page!  🙂

I see that ultra tory rag the Inverness Courier is begging money from supporters on their website to them during the Covid 19 to keep the paper running?????????

What a fuckin cheek after all the money they have made out of the community. Plus this company has many other newspapers in different parts of the country and I bet they are begging on every one of them.

A joint owner is the tory Edward Iliffe, a director off 44 companies, whose family wealth is estimated at £200m, he will be the future Baron ILLiffe.

If the paper does go bust I bet not one penny of his money will help them out of pay the creditors.

Absolutely fuckin disgusting begging money when we have the NHS running flat out and needing all they can get, these fuckin tories have no shame.

8 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I see that ultra tory rag the Inverness Courier is begging money from supporters on their website to them during the Covid 19 to keep the paper running?????????

What a fuckin cheek after all the money they have made out of the community. Plus this company has many other newspapers in different parts of the country and I bet they are begging on every one of them.

A joint owner is the tory Edward Iliffe, a director off 44 companies, whose family wealth is estimated at £200m, he will be the future Baron ILLiffe.

If the paper does go bust I bet not one penny of his money will help them out of pay the creditors.

Absolutely fuckin disgusting begging money when we have the NHS running flat out and needing all they can get, these fuckin tories have no shame.

Meanwhile, back on the football forum...... 

While I was out shopping this afternoon, I overheard one of Caley Thistle's directors telling someone a player had been 'freed'.  I didn't catch the name of the player, but going by the other fellow's reaction, it was one of the more prominent players.

In what way is the Courier ultra-Tory? How long would you say it’s had this stance?

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

While I was out shopping this afternoon, I overheard one of Caley Thistle's directors telling someone a player had been 'freed'.  I didn't catch the name of the player, but going by the other fellow's reaction, it was one of the more prominent players.

Maybe in reference to Tremarco?

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

In what way is the Courier ultra-Tory? How long would you say it’s had this stance?

The Inverness COurieR - just missing the "y" to prove it.

Edited by RiG