"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

9 minutes ago, Fraz said:

This Monday coming they said when I was down at the stadium picking up the new strip for my kid this week. 

Thank you for that titbit. I rather thought that I might have to indulge myself with that rather coarse podcast (I can't bear out of context foul language) to avail myself with the return to business actualité. 

17 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

One of the discussions on the podcast was in regards to the new right back.  I recollect someone saying on an earlier Best XI that Mckay doesn't like playing full-back.  I'd imagine Toshney isn't quick enough nor will stay fit long enough to make the position his own.  I believe Sean Welsh played at full backs at times for Partick but we'd lose a lot by taking him out of the middle, same for Carson.  Is Vincent an option?  You'd imagine Carson and Welsh would be the first choice midfield partnership.  Vincent played there in the cup final - he's seems athletic and skilful enough to link up with the midfield while going up and down the flank.  He did play on the wing under Hughes but wasn't so effective but I wonder if he was played at full-back he'd be more effective linking up with the central midfielders. 

Vincent would probably be fine going forward but I'd be concerned about him defensively there, even as an emergency option. Not sure whether he has the physical presence or strength in the tackle to cope with any big, physical attackers, and as a right back he'd also sometimes be expected to provide CB cover or tuck in and act as an auxiliary CB, and I can't really see him having the presence to do that either.  Agree that Carson and Welsh are likely to be preferred by Robbo in the centre if Welsh stays fit, and Carson looked pretty vulnerable at RB when he played there last season anyway, so I think that position's definitely got to be the priority if we're bringing anyone else in.    

• 2 weeks later...

Just come to my attention that the Caley Thistle Wikipedia page is an abomination.  In the rivalries section it lists our main rivals as Aberdeen...and Clach!  (Ross County relegated to third!)  It also states that the Aberdeen vs ICT game is known as the "North Derby" (it isn't) and that games between ICT and Clach is called the "City Derby" (it absolutely is not).  What a mess.

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Just come to my attention that the Caley Thistle Wikipedia page is an abomination.  In the rivalries section it lists our main rivals as Aberdeen...and Clach!  (Ross County relegated to third!)  It also states that the Aberdeen vs ICT game is known as the "North Derby" (it isn't) and that games between ICT and Clach is called the "City Derby" (it absolutely is not).  What a mess.

Sounds as if Barley Chatterman had a hand in compiling it.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, RiG said:

Strange that the club haven't announced ticket information for this one IMVHO.

In the style of every away game ever mentioned on CTO I must ask if you can pay at the gate or do you have to buy a ticket in advance?

48 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

In the style of every away game ever mentioned on CTO I must ask if you can pay at the gate or do you have to buy a ticket in advance?

"Can you pay at the gate for Alloa or do I need to buy a ticket in advance?"

200.gif

2 hours ago, RiG said:

"Can you pay at the gate for Alloa or do I need to buy a ticket in advance?"

It happens every time!  I can barely think of any games ever apart from ones involving the Old Firm and the odd Highland Derby that were all ticket in advance.  You could even pay on the day for both cup finals as I recall.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I noticed that too. Hopefully he's just asked for that number. 

I felt in his first spell with us he looked decent when he was played as a proper centre-forward.  Butcher's preference for a big winger often rendered him ineffective though.

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I felt in his first spell with us he looked decent when he was played as a proper centre-forward.  Butcher's preference for a big winger often rendered him ineffective though.

He absolutely needs to play through the middle. He's quick and powerful.