"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Did he play against us in the Tunnock's Teacake Cup?  I remember the striker up-front for Rangers that day looked pretty handy.

You might be thinking of Dapo Mebude? He scored in that game and looked pretty handy. I'd be lying if I said I noticed much of Kennedy but mainly because the takeaway from the game was the abysmal weather and Greg Aitken and that decision.

Seems Kennedy plays as a left mid / behind the striker but he is right footed so he'd be cutting inside a lot you would imagine.

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

You might be thinking of Dapo Mebude? He scored in that game and looked pretty handy. 

That was him!  Thought he looked pretty good.  Could do with someone of his style actually - a bustling, pressing, direct striker.

58 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

That was him!  Thought he looked pretty good.  Could do with someone of his style actually - a bustling, pressing, direct striker.

We've got Sutherland for that 8)

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is he the guy that presents Sportscene? 

Nope, he plays for Caley Thistle!  He's so fast he can outrun the Flash!  He's so fast he can outrun the monorail!  He's gonna have your defence on toast next season!

Edited by Highland Capital

On 28/09/2020 at 14:52, RiG said:

Wallace Duffy was rumoured to have terminated his loan at Morton as we have offered to take him off Saint Johnstones hands permanently. Will see if that comes through or not.

As expected Wallace Duffy has signed for ICT. Two year contract agreed.

Edited by RiG

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

As expected Wallace Duffy has signed for ICT. Two year contract agreed.

No doubt a right back will come in handy but I have to wonder about the 'non footballing reasons' Morton announced as the cause for his release and St J willing to let him go.

With a Rangers and then Celtic background..........................................................................................................................

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

No doubt a right back will come in handy but I have to wonder about the 'non footballing reasons' Morton announced as the cause for his release and St J willing to let him go.

With a Rangers and then Celtic background..........................................................................................................................

What? 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

It was Saint Johnstone who mentioned "non footballing reasons". Morton only wanted him on loan whereas we wanted the guy permanently so I suspect Saints recalled him so they could save money on his wage and get someone else in.

On 01/10/2020 at 10:24, RiG said:

Could be a COVID thing as @weirdcal mentions. Certainly hope the intention isn't to play Sutherland on the wings. Surely we've brought him in for his goals and he played mainly through the middle for Peterhead and Elgin where he was pretty prolific albeit at a lower level. Would seem very strange to then stick him out on the right wing!

Would they give players squad numbers just for friendlies?  With Duffy allocated the number 2 (a number yet to feature), it looks likely that these are the new season's numbers.  I did notice that one of the younger players was using #22 last week - wonder if Brad Mckay is the man with the rumoured crazy number.