"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

14 hours ago, sophia said:

Grrr

<<<< not going but not jealous, nope, not jealous at all, no siree, not jealous

I've been very lucky with the ballot and I hope that all of our fans get a chance to attend a game in the coming months.

The club seem to have put a lot of thought into it as the instructions are very concise, I'm in the South Stand with an arrival time at the turnstile at no more than 15 mins before the game and also show a photo ID, some sections have to be at their turnstiles as early as 13.45 which is a fair wait for the start, if you arrive later than your advertised turnstile time slot you won't be admitted entry until after 3pm.

Hopefully all going well the numbers will increase

For those of you who are lucky in the next home game ballot do NOT forget your photo ID, you will be stopped at the gate in your car and asked if you have your ID, the driver of the car in front of me did not have his and he had to leave, you will again be asked to show your photo ID along with your ticket and asked for your post code before entering the stadium and they also do temperature checks.

The car park is free so I was surprised to see cars parked outside.

And the ticket issued is non transferable.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

For those of you who are lucky in the next home game ballot do NOT forget your photo ID, you will be stopped at the gate in your car and asked if you have your ID, the driver of the car in front of me did not have his and he had to leave, you will again be asked to show your photo ID along with your ticket and asked for your post code before entering the stadium and they also do temperature checks.

The car park is free so I was surprised to see cars parked outside.

And the ticket issued is non transferable.

Great that you and 299 others got back to watch football but did it end up costing Inverness money  with extra stewards etc I take it all in were season ticket holders.

Was there many differences going to the football today than in normal times 

15 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Great that you and 299 others got back to watch football but did it end up costing Inverness money  with extra stewards etc I take it all in were season ticket holders.

Was there many differences going to the football today than in normal times 

I would think that it was mostly ST holders and yes it would have cost the club money but we the fans have also been generous over the years with our financial commitments in purchasing club products along with our ST's etc.

Obviously there were differences from normal, each car entering the car park was stopped for ID photo checks, then we were made to form one line along the outer wall of the south stand maintaining social distancing, then prior to entrance further ID checks were made, our assigned section seats were well marked and I noticed that a couple of guys hade moved further up the stand from their marked designated seat, a steward spotted this and had the quietly moved back, leaving the stadium was done in an orderly fashion with only one section at a time.

Major differences - Refreshment stalls, shop and bar not open and mainly clapping though there was cheering when the goals went in.

An odd though enjoyable experience being back in the ground and well done to the club for making a well organised effort.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inverness-face-sfa-probe-drafting-23056998.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I refuse to believe that no company in the Highlands could have provided stewards for Saturday. Even if they were somehow all on furlough options in Moray, Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen City could have been looked at. To bring people up from a Tier 4 area (surmising here) is mind boggling.

However moaning about being "corralled like cattle whilst having temperatures checked" is daft. All fans were informed that this was going to happen before the game. Your mild inconvenience was there, in theory, to ensure the safety of those at the ground.

ETA: Reminded the security staff are classed as keyworkers so maybe the club wriggle out of it that way. Still not a particularly sensible move however.

Edited by RiG

1 hour ago, RiG said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inverness-face-sfa-probe-drafting-23056998.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I refuse to believe that no company in the Highlands could have provided stewards for Saturday. Even if they were somehow all on furlough options in Moray, Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen City could have been looked at. To bring people up from a Tier 4 area (surmising here) is mind boggling.

However moaning about being "corralled like cattle whilst having temperatures checked" is daft. All fans were informed that this was going to happen before the game. Your mild inconvenience was there, in theory, to ensure the safety of those at the ground.

ETA: Reminded the security staff are classed as keyworkers so maybe the club wriggle out of it that way. Still not a particularly sensible move however.

We have had stewards from Glasgow doing the drive-in cinema in the car park every time that has been on, I imagine it’s the same folk.

I don’t think it’s a big deal as you are allowed to travel for work. Granted it was probably not the wisest of moves but maybe there was a reason for it.

18 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

We have had stewards from Glasgow doing the drive-in cinema in the car park every time that has been on, I imagine it’s the same folk.

I don’t think it’s a big deal as you are allowed to travel for work. Granted it was probably not the wisest of moves but maybe there was a reason for it.

Apparently we binned the previous security / stewarding company? No idea if that's true but of course it leads to some good old rumours about disgruntled ex employees wanting to get one over the club.

Gardiner doesn't happen to have ties to any stewarding companies down Glasgow way does he...?

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apparently we binned the previous security / stewarding company? No idea if that's true but of course it leads to some good old rumours about disgruntled ex employees wanting to get one over the club.

Gardiner doesn't happen to have ties to any stewarding companies down Glasgow way does he...?

Oh, have we? I didn’t know that.

It genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if there was some link to Gardiner somewhere!

I know the article seems to suggest we have confirmed that we got the stewards up from Glasgow, though no sources, but how the hell does this fan know we shipped them up just for the game? Is it all just because they had a Glaswegian accent? They could easily be living up here.

I can’t understand why you would sell a story to the papers about the club you supposedly support when it’s the first game you have been allowed to go to for nearly 9 months. If you are moaning about being told where to walk and sit in a football stadium during a pandemic you are probably best not leaving the house at all.

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I can’t understand why you would sell a story to the papers about the club you supposedly support when it’s the first game you have been allowed to go to for nearly 9 months. If you are moaning about being told where to walk and sit in a football stadium during a pandemic you are probably best not leaving the house at all.

Have you ever read CTO?  I can completely understand why someone would grass the club in.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Have you ever read CTO?  I can completely understand why someone would grass the club in.

It must be a good 5 years or so since I have. We seem to have a very high percentage of fans who are absolute zoomers. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but you are bang on.

4 hours ago, PB1994 said:

It must be a good 5 years or so since I have. We seem to have a very high percentage of fans who are absolute zoomers. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but you are bang on.

This is absolutely true.  For such a small club we have a lot of fans who are either utter morons or ultra-negative bores with expectations way too high.  

On this topic though I wonder if it's possible the whistleblower (who according the Courier emailed half a dozen papers, the SFA and the Police) wasn't at the game at all.  It could be someone who heard second hand that the stewards were Glaswegian or just someone frustrated that their club aren't allowed fans in yet and has an attitude "if I can't do it, no-one should".  The fact the person has chosen to stay anonymous gives this some credence I think.

If it's someone who was genuinely there though - why only bring all this up now?  If you were that worried about Covid, why go to the game in the first place?  Why not flag it up these issues when you were there?  If things were that unsafe, why not leave?  There was no one forcing you to stay. 

Edited by Highland Capital

22 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

On this topic though I wonder if it's possible the whistleblower (who according the Courier emailed half a dozen papers, the SFA and the Police) wasn't at the game at all.

As mentioned above we have allegedly changed the firm who do the stewarding so maybe a disgruntled former employee?

Whilst it doesn't look great that we bussed folk up from Glasgow, especially in the current climate, the club hasn't done anything wrong. 

I'm sure Tendermeatballs will happily offer up an apology later...

9 hours ago, RiG said:

There are lots of reasons to criticise ICT (that streaming effort to date most obviously) but this is a complete non-story surely. People are allowed to travel for work with appropriate precautions etc. Up to last season we used G4S for stewarding and a bus came from Glasgow every week (it's G4S who bussed them here, not the club, we have a contract to provide stewards and its up to the company where they source them). It won't necessarily be a fact there are sufficient available properly licensed SIA stewards in Inverness or the Highlands generally. And it's almost certainly not the club who employ these stewards so will have no case to answer with the SFA.

We now use a locally based stewarding company, albeit nationally owned and I think most of our match day stewards are local, but frankly I don't know where they pull their stewards from. It's not really our concern.

And as you say, as for complaining about necessary Covid procedures being carried out on matchday that's utter nonsense. If you don't want to comply with the procedures don't put your name down and leave the space for someone who will.

EDITED to add: ^^^^ written before I read the club response piece in the paper.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Surprised to hear people coming up from Glasgow for steward work, it doesn't pay much more than minimum wage, forking out for travel time would about quadruple the cost. Maybe Caley should offer a living rate instead and hire locally.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Livi announce Holt has resigned. Would Robbo be on their shortlist as a replacement?

Robbo's contract is until the summer of 2022 I believe.  So Livingston better have deep pockets if they want him.