"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

7 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

He did, didn't he.

Maybe we could we get him on loan.

Seb Ross and Bruce Anderson were the scorers for Aberdeen, must be Anderson. According to afc news he's on his way to Elgin City probably on loan.

I see we had Trafford sent off yesterday for his reaction to a late tackle on Chalmers by Frank Ross who was red carded for that.

5 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

One other interesting thing to note from those highlights is Tremarco and Polworth giving Ridgers dog's abuse after the second goal. Not a sign that there is much confidence or respect there.

They're used to much better standards.

34 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

One other interesting thing to note from those highlights is Tremarco and Polworth giving Ridgers dog's abuse after the second goal. Not a sign that there is much confidence or respect there.

Have a look back at the goal from the first game of the season against United and you can see Vigurs going spare at Elsdon at the penalty award. Expect to see a lot more of that this season when the comedy trio of Donaldson, Elsdon and Ridgers play. Absolute dross.

15 minutes ago, RiG said:

Have a look back at the goal from the first game of the season against United and you can see Vigurs going spare at Elsdon at the penalty award. Expect to see a lot more of that this season when the comedy trio of Donaldson, Elsdon and Ridgers play. Absolute dross.

I think everyone needs to be patient, this new group of players are still settling in and getting used to one another. I think is fair at this stage to give everyone a chance to prove themselves so the management team can workout where the squad is in progress and if its not working out for some players and if we need more new faces. Its been quite a shock to the team the amount of players that have left and the number who have come in, but you never know out of this group maybe three or four might become very good players for us and will become regular fixtures in the starting 11.

On 03/09/2017 at 14:59, Stephen Malkmus said:

Word I've heard is several players from last season were against him signing due to the fact that he's not very good.

And that's come from someone within the club.

13 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Someone at that Fans Q&A the other week told me that Robbo has his eye on two more players he's wanting to bring in (I think on loan).  No idea who they are though.

It's me and The Scarf, we are both fucking great at football.

12 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Word I've heard is several players from last season were against him signing due to the fact that he's not very good.

And that's come from someone within the club.

Most goalies are only as good as the defence in front of them.

And our defence last season weren't the brightest.

37 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Most goalies are only as good as the defence in front of them.

And our defence last season weren't the brightest.

A good goalie can give an average defence more confidence and get them to perform better, there's more to goal keeping than just being a shot stopper. A goalie is the boss, captain or manager of his area, or he should be. A goalie who is continually not communicating with his team mates, getting intimidated for what ever reason, not giving back the abuse from team mates even when he's in the wrong is not a good keeper.

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it and fancies a good laugh:

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1994-supporters-behaviour-at-brechin-update

ETA: It's an absolutely pathetic statement incidentally. Utterly condescending and disparaging to a group of ICT fans. I'm not condoning what they are alleged to have done but belittling the manner in which they support ICT will only drive them away from the club long term.

Edited by RiG

16 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Happy Statement Day, hope you all got what you wanted. Seems to come round quicker every week.

If the club must issue statements, I just wish that it could produce one that didn't read like someone was wafting a shite beneath the nose of the author while he or she typed.

Every so often it seems like things are improving off the park, the open night seemed to be positive and there's been some good meetings about taking the club forward, then the club drop something like that.  An official statement that reads like a Neighbourhood Watch newsletter written on the church wardens typewriter.  What is the point.

What a bunch of absolute wallopers we have in our support. Ongoing criminal behaviour from a section of "supporters", (yes I will use quotation marks), appropriate and justified action taken, clear information given on why, and these people come down on the board as the bad guys?????? You couldn't make it up.

28 minutes ago, Rasczak said:

What a bunch of absolute wallopers we have in our support. Ongoing criminal behaviour from a section of "supporters", (yes I will use quotation marks), appropriate and justified action taken, clear information given on why, and these people come down on the board as the bad guys?????? You couldn't make it up.

What the four posts above yours are frustrated by, as @RiG in particular makes clear, is the way that the latest statement is worded in a condescending and alienating way that simply plays into the persecution/martyr complex that some of the group of supporters in question seem to want to embrace, based on recent tweets. It would have been very easy for the club to release a statement that simply reiterated the good reasons why smoke bombs must remain prohibited and why supporters who bring them into grounds should expect to be ejected, and that also made the point that language that is personally offensive or discriminatory towards others, for example stewards, is equally unacceptable, and then asked all supporters to respect these rules for the benefit of the club and to protect themselves. Some of those whom the statement was aimed at would still take offence, of course - a few do seem to think that anything goes, and there are others, I suspect, who might be looking for an excuse to ditch the club - but there are others who would probably think 'fair enough'. The moment official club statements start putting words like 'supporters' and 'enthusiasm' in inverted commas alongside rather non-specific references to 'language', it gives the impression that the club sees everyone who is part of that group as some sort of fraud who is entirely motivated by an opportunity to cause trouble.

I do understand why the club felt it had to act, and to be seen to be acting, but its public pronouncements have been consistently ill-judged for months now, and this is far from helpful at a time when it needs bodies through the gate and the players need backing from the stands.