"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

17 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

That's incredible. Why on earth would they not have inserted a clause in his contract that allowed termination if you were relegated? If you're giving a manager a 4 year deal you need to pile it with clauses that allow you a way out; the only alternative is to make it a shorter contract.

Paying him for the next three years :lol:

Mind boggling idiocy. Not just any manager of course, a rookie manager! Some fans have said that he will get full pay for the "notice period" rather than the next three years but no one seems to know what the notice period is. He was sacked three months ago and is still getting paid so it makes me think whatever the notice period is it's a pretty long one.

Another off the field cock up from us. 

At the weekend I thought it was incumbent upon me to chastise my fellow supporters for passing up the opportunity to deal some opprobrium to the black shirted Tory and sometime linesman, Douglas Ross.

He now seems to have revealed a degree of antipathy towards gypsies.

This is an unfortunate turn of events that has moved organisations such as Amnesty International and the SFA to take a dim view.

I'd hope that there is no room for anti gypsy sentiment within our stadium but I'd just like to take this opportunity to check to see if anybody shares his views?

On 23/08/2017 at 15:23, TheScarf said:

It makes me horny how fucking shite we are these days.  The fall from grace we've had in the last 18 months would give the most impotent of men a rager.

Nothing emphasises this more clearly than Iain Vigurs suddenly becoming our best player.

Edited by CityDave

On 25/08/2017 at 19:59, CityDave said:

Nothing emphasises this more clearly than Iain Vigurs suddenly becoming our best player.

It's not Iain's fault that we are in this position and you know it, so what's the point of singling him out in your humourless post?

For the fall you should look at the land banker and his factor who were spooked by our Scottish Cup win and from that point our denouement was all but guarunteed. 

I prefer to look forward and it's clear today that two goal Iain Vigurs is a big part of our recovery.

On 25/08/2017 at 19:59, CityDave said:

1 hour ago, sophia said:

It's not Iain's fault that we are in this position and you know it, so what's the point of singling him out in your humourless post?

For the fall you should look at the land banker and his factor who were spooked by our Scottish Cup win and from that point our denouement was all but guarunteed. 

I prefer to look forward and it's clear today that two goal Iain Vigurs is a big part of our recovery.

It wouldn't be difficult for Iain Vigurs to become our best player in this present team.

At last, he appears to have found his true level.

2 hours ago, sophia said:

Passive aggressive happy clapping. :rolleyes:

On 22/08/2017 at 13:11, RiG said:

I see one of the interesting points from last nights "Fan Night" or whatever it was called was that Foran remains on the payroll and I expect that will remain the case for the next three years unless he gets another job.

Fantastic stuff.

Can we really afford to carry passengers (thinking of OFW as well) when this money could be used to improve and strengthen the squad? Its a factor that is going to hold us back.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 16:02, senorsoupe said:

So apparently you guys signed Charlie Trafford on Friday and he played Saturday.  How did he do?  I'm always curious to know how the Canadian players are doing

I've liked what I've seen so far, he is steady in the middle but there has been stray passes, but all in all he fit's in Ok.

18 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's clear Vigurs is one of the best footballers in the league. It's a shame he's probably the laziest overall player however.

He was AWOL at times yesterday but who gives a feck when he nets two and that glancing header was a beauty.

Was never the same after his injury. Was superb when he first signed then missed half the season with a bad injury and was never quite the same again. Can't fault his work rate but most of his post-injury time with us he was pretty powderpuff (bar his cup winning goal of course!).

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was James Vincent always a heartless shitebag of a player? And do you want him back? Please, say yes.

Heartless might be a bit cruel but he would quite often shirk a tackle. We normally had someone like Draper to do that kind of stuff and play Vincent further forward where he didn't need to get as "stuck in".