"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

The way its gone off you would think we were in as much turmoil in the stands as we are in the boardroom or on the pitch.

This is probably the worst time at the club I've experienced since my first visit to the TCS against Cowdenbeath when I discovered I had bought a bovril with milk in it instead of a tea from the food shop under the Main Stand, took me three years to get over that, not only was it disgusting but I was a vegetarian at the time.

I'm looking at three years to get us turned around and on our way back up, hopefully we get seen as not belonging in the top flight again and it gives us that fight spirit back we have been missing since the Cup Final and those young un's who have probably all grown up as ICT supporters can focus more making as much noise as they can getting behind and lift the team rather than taking it out on someone else's property. Leave that shite for the ugly sisters, that's what they do, we are a better class of supporter.

51 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I thought bovril was meat-free.

The manufacturers changed it back after the ban on British beef was lifted. It was only veggie for about two years. I can't see why it was still called Bovril during this time other than to keep the name on the supermarket shelves.

1 hour ago, Buzz Killington said:

Glad to hear you recovered from your time as a vegetarian.

Was vegetarian for about 20 years, it was actually quite good as I spent a lot more time being health focused and learning about cooking, labels, location of where the food comes from. It focuses you more into taking care and knowing about what you are feeding yourself.

The only thing is you can't cover absolutely everything and I started having problems with my knees and other joints, probably more to do with age but I guessed I was missing vital oils from fish like the Omega-3 types. Changing my diet did seem to work, also noticed my hair and fingernails became more shiny and less brittle. Us humans are designed to have an omnivorous well balanced diet rather than excluding certain foods we do need to keep us healthy. It can be done going through life avoiding meat but you would have to be very dedicated, approach it sensibly and with real knowledge and have a body that can cope with it as you grow older.

However on some away days as a match comes to its conclusion its something nice to look forward to getting down to the local chippy and buying a fish supper.

Vegetarian stories on an ICT thread??

20 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

At last this thread has started to get interesting.....

I like bovril with milk in which I discovered quite by accident several years ago. People look at me as if I am mad when I ask them to put some in.

I don't take sugar in it though. 

Yeah, mine had sugar.

I have heard the Bovril with milk added works and can be used as a sauce.

It's not often you see a straight substitution at centre-back without good reason.  Last week, we had a good reason.  Matthew Elsdon is absolutely rubbish.  Yes, he's at Middlesbrough and has been capped for England at U21 level, but then so have many other duds.  Slow, terrible in distribution and seems to have a brain fart at least once per game, he's an absolute liability.  I won't be at all surprised to see one of those 'Where Are They Now?' threads in a few years and discover he's somewhere like Leatherhead or Dulwich Hamlet.

Yesterday's game had the look and atmosphere of a pre season friendly. I don't see the benefits of having U20's in this competition apart from showing us one or two individuals who will become 1st team players for their club in time.

Who is the Aberdeen number 9? Looked a decent player and scored a very good solo goal.

6 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Yesterday's game had the look and atmosphere of a pre season friendly. I don't see the benefits of having U20's in this competition apart from showing us one or two individuals who will become 1st team players for their club in time.

Who is the Aberdeen number 9? Looked a decent player and scored a very good solo goal.

He did, didn't he.

Maybe we could we get him on loan.