"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Fairly sure Deas signed a PCA with Livi ages ago. That was certainly the rumour doing the rounds.

Suggested this to somebody at the weekend who works for an agent (not Robbie’s agent) who reckons he’s got a few offers and can get more money elsewhere.

Guest ICTFCwife
47 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Suggested this to somebody at the weekend who works for an agent (not Robbie’s agent) who reckons he’s got a few offers and can get more money elsewhere.

Martindale is after him for Livi that’s no secret he’s been quite open about that but he does have offers from Saints and Killi too. 

Not that we are going to win the cup but if we somehow did, would that maybe get players like Deas to stay?

The chance to play group stage European football won’t come around very often, most likely, and maybe it would be worth another year at championship level.

Even if it was a 2 year deal with a stupidly low release clause that kicked in after a year or so.

Some of our fans are fucking mental.

There's folk on CTO claiming they're more looking forward to the final this season (where we're guaranteed to lose heavily) to the 2015 final where we were clear favourites and by far the better team going into the game.

Aye, I cant wait to sit and watch us get fucking mauled. The pints beforehand are the only thing I'm looking forward to.

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Some of our fans are fucking mental.

There's folk on CTO claiming they're more looking forward to the final this season (where we're guaranteed to lose heavily) to the 2015 final where we were clear favourites and by far the better team going into the game.

Aye, I cant wait to sit and watch us get fucking mauled. The pints beforehand are the only thing I'm looking forward to.

Surely fucking not 😂.

Its much like the Hearts semi final in 2019 for me. The day out, pints etc will be great. The football is just going to be something horrible that gets in the way for a couple of hours.

You have to be there in case the unthinkable happens but it’s something I could really do without seeing.

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Surely fucking not 😂.

Its much like the Hearts semi final in 2019 for me. The day out, pints etc will be great. The football is just going to be something horrible that gets in the way for a couple of hours.

You have to be there in case the unthinkable happens but it’s something I could really do without seeing.

Yep, the only reason I'm going is that I'd regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't go and by some miracle we actually won.

14 minutes ago, ICTFCwife said:

I agree that statistically we most likely will lose against Celtic but hypothetically say you chose not to go to the game and by some miracle they pull the cat out of the bag and actually do win you’d be kicking yourself for not going. At the end of the day it’s an achievement we’ve gotten to the final at all so might as well enjoy the atmosphere and game win or lose. 

That's what I said in my next post.

On 10/05/2023 at 15:49, PB1994 said:

Not that we are going to win the cup

Hopefully your players won't have this approach - get Celtic on an off day and Inverness play to their best ability than anything can happen.

Agree the teams are miles apart in terms of player ability - but it's a cup final, anything can happen.

If Thistle get a penalty and the 'Tic get a player sent off ..........you never know.

On paper Celtic will thump you 6-0 , but anything can happen on the day.

I'm all for teams beating the old firm - hope you can pull off a shock result.

Edited by clashcityrocker

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

we're guaranteed to lose heavily

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'd regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't go and by some miracle we actually won.

Any chance of making your mind up?

We may have been rock bottom at times this season, in fact we've had all kinds of everything.  Perhaps Celtic will have us like a puppet on a string, in which case they'll have my congratulations but my view is that if the final is to be their Waterloo, our rise like a phoenix will be complete.

Just now, sophia said:

Any chance of making your mind up?

We may have been rock bottom at times this season, in fact we've had all kinds of everything.  Perhaps Celtic will have us like a puppet on a string, in which case they'll have my congratulations but my view is that if the final is to be their Waterloo, our rise like a phoenix will be complete.

Any chance of you not being a boring cunt?

Watching that game today it was clear that Rangers from the whistle went at Celtic physically and it worked, Celtic have some real skilled players but none of them had the chance to do anything with the ball as Rangers players bore down on them all game giving them no time tp string a game together, that Cantwell was fouling Celtic players  all over the park and getting away with it. Rangers players are no match really against some outstanding Celtic talent but today they showed a game that Celtic could not cope with.

We live in hope and as Darius noted in the 3rd century, "All Highlanders are Thieves".

Edited by SandyCromarty

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The Celtic players weren’t arsed today, Sandy.

And I fucked up as it was the roman historian Cassius Dio who said, " The Highlanders are great Thieves".

As Bunty pointed out "Darius is in Highlander you clown".