"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Just now, TheScarf said:

He must be. 

I see over on CTO folk are asking for Ferguson to ring the changes for the Cowdenbeath game on Saturday. Presumably these folk weren’t at the Nairn County game last month which saw our benchwarmers and youth team never beating the HL side in 10 lifetimes.

Treat it like a league game, play as strong a team as you can, keep the relative momentum we have going, give yourself the best chance to progress. 

Aye, it’s the Scottish Cup, it’s not a competition for ringing the changes. I want another cup run.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He must be. 

I see over on CTO folk are asking for Ferguson to ring the changes for the Cowdenbeath game on Saturday. Presumably these folk weren’t at the Nairn County game last month which saw our benchwarmers and youth team never beating the HL side in 10 lifetimes.

Treat it like a league game, play as strong a team as you can, keep the relative momentum we have going, give yourself the best chance to progress. 

Exactly. Great chance for some players to bang in goals (which this season have been lacking) and build confidence.

•  

21 hours ago, RiG said:

We aren't the applicant for this planning application so why is the Chairman of the football club releasing ranty videos about it? Have we chucked a load of cash the way of ILI to help them get the application submitted and we are now desperate for a return?

I can't see how the club could. The man himself, however.

Latest club email on the subject screams of something that would really have benefited being written by solicitors and technical experts in the field.

Positive that our board are at least willing to try new ideas. Perhaps bigger brown envelopes at the lodge might have prevented the surprise of rejection

Edited by bdu98196

On 18/11/2023 at 14:39, RiG said:

We aren't the applicant for this planning application so why is the Chairman of the football club releasing ranty videos about it? Have we chucked a load of cash the way of ILI to help them get the application submitted and we are now desperate for a return?

Something like this seems likely. ILI are a serious outfit and, based on the quality of material submitted, it looks like they weren't charging us much if anything for their services for this one

On 17/11/2023 at 08:09, TheScarf said:

I've always been skeptical of the proposal and actually think it's just another one of Morrison and/or Gardiner's shite ideas to make money, like the concert company.  All I've read/heard from it is people objecting to it's construction, for 3 years the club have been banging on about it so either they're fairly confident it'll still go through, or they're being very arrogant.  I know which option I think it is.

From the outside looking in, it seems like a very speculative and risky proposal for a football club to be involved with.  Surely it could have been done at arms length, by a consortium or whoever, with a % of profits to be gifted to the club.  Football clubs should stick to football.  Using the ground for concerts is one thing but taking a punt on a project like this seems very optimistic. 

I think the aim of revenue diversification is admirable. After all we don't have the support to make us a profitable football club so we need extra monies from somewhere. The problem seems to be that the club get some absolute jobbers involved in some of this "outside" work and they inevitably make a mess of things and ultimately cost the club.  And whilst this goes on a number of fans continue to drift away as the club feels like they have, at times, taken their eyes off of things at home. In both the short and long run this is hurting the club a lot. 

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

From the outside looking in, it seems like a very speculative and risky proposal for a football club to be involved with.  Surely it could have been done at arms length, by a consortium or whoever, with a % of profits to be gifted to the club.  Football clubs should stick to football.  Using the ground for concerts is one thing but taking a punt on a project like this seems very optimistic. 

Indeed.  I've come to the conclusion that the 2 directors who are currently putting money in, Morrison and Cameron, want the money keeping the club afloat to come from another source, the battery farm, so they can pull back on that front.  Hence why the club have such a hard on for it.

I’m assuming those on CTO gurning at the performance of our benchwarmers and fringe players weren’t at the Nairn County game last month. The game went exactly as how I expected it would with that side playing. 

You should it the other way around from what Ferguson did yesterday. You start with a strong side, get the game won, then you bring on the shite.

7 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Broomhill, Lowland League, nae bother, and then I remembered that C'beath are Lowland League and took 80 minutes to start flushing away.

Let's see how it goes.

Hopefully some new additions between now and then with the ties being played in January. 

With some of our benchwarmers loaded into a cannon and fired off into the sunset 

My take on the current state of our squad, lifted from a reply to the Cowdenbeath fans on their thread - 

I think a lot of The Caley fans still have PTSD from the last 12 months of Doddsball, I certainly do.  I still think we're going to concede every time the other team has the ball in our half, even though Boyes and Ujdur have been solid so far at centre half, and I think the players are still mentally frail as fuck, hopefully Ferguson can bring them round.

When I saw the starting XI on Saturday, I knew it would be a slog and it would take our Championship forward line to bail us out.  A lot of those guys don't start for us in the league, some don't even get minutes in the league, and more or less the same side on Saturday drew with Highland League Nairn County only 6 weeks ago, so it's definitely a weak squad when you get past our Championship starters. January can't come quick enough.

Too many passengers in the squad brought in by poor recruitment which need moved on to free up wages. Unfortunately we probably don't have funds to pay them off and no other club will take them as been shown how abject many are when given the chance to step up. So January may be a disappointment to us all.

Worry we may get gazumped by another club on Wortherspoon either in this league or lower Prem