1 minute ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I love Henderson but McGinn is a level above. Not many players put in a Man of the match performance on their Scotland debut like McGinn did. Their valuations will be miles apart. 

You've seen more of them than me so respect your opinion. I'm only giving an opinion based on seeing them 4 times 2 years ago.

Any truth to the rumour Lennon only wants one striker in as he sees Murray and Boyle as adequate backup?

10 hours ago, Zing. said:

I'm surprised Lenny still hasn't done any press since the end of the season. He's usually always got a quote to give his mates in the media.

Celtic haven't signed anyone yet or aren't in European competition. 

Looking at hibs.net its like North Korea, every poster blindly backing Lennon and shouting down anyone that goes against him, signing policy or anything else. "In Lenny we trust" what the f**k for? 

15 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Looking at hibs.net its like North Korea, every poster blindly backing Lennon and shouting down anyone that goes against him, signing policy or anything else. "In Lenny we trust" what the f**k for? 

That plus the traditional 'Henderson & Stokes are coming home' thread every single transfer window at least twice a week.

There's bound to be a lot going on that we don't know about, areas like attack and midfield are in obvious need of strengthening.  Was it ever officially announced the reason for Humphrey leaving?  If he was still here along with Boyle that would have taken a bit of urgency away from the midfield situation.

I can understand why people are worried.  Looking at the squad as it is, i'd say its worse than the squad Stubbs had two years ago. Defence is solid and once the Marciano transfer is completed then we will be sorted on the GK front.  I just hope we aren't losing out on targets. Time to get the finger out Hibs and start getting deals completed for the midfield and attack please. 

I'm not panicking atm because I don't think we're that far away from having a really good squad. Assuming Whitty and Rocky sign the defence and goal keeper are as strong as I can remember them being. Another CM and a winger in midfield. Two strikers and we're done I think. 

Of course that all depends on the players coming in being the required quality. I'd be much more relaxed if Stubbs was signing the players though.

On 26/06/2017 at 17:51, Elixir said:

He bangs them in on the international stage, m8.

On 26/06/2017 at 17:53, Hibeesbounce75 said:

that's why I said club level, m8. Because as you may well be aware you are a club, not a country.

We, on the other hand, are a country.

The Hibernian Lafferty would have banged them in for Hibernia Football Country Country.

URNZiXh.png

On 28/06/2017 at 09:54, RandomGuy. said:

Only foreign Hibees I remember thinking were class were Zemmama and Benjelloun

This post had me thinking - what would be Hibs' 'foreign XI'?
(Players not from Great Britain or Hibernia.)

Szamotulski

Sauzée
Ambrose        Bamba
de la Cruz                                    Laursen

Jack   Beuzelin

Zemmama                    Latapy

Paatelainen

squad: Andersson  Marciano  Kouo-Doumbé  Adjovi-Bocco  Fenwick  Orman  Lovell  Rocastle  Claros  Agathe  Libbra  Killen  Zitelli  Luna  Lehmann  Benjelloun

It's a tough one to fit the best players into a formation; we have had some fantastic forwards from overseas, whereas our defenders have mostly been 'at sea' or 'get in the sea' types.

Edited by Mon Dieu