12 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Brighton in for McGinn? Celtic have fucked it for themselves. He’s played out his skin and is going to earn a better move.

Celtic fans can't work out if this is just Petrie spreading fake news, or if they've monumentally fucked this.

Either way is good TBH.

Fair fucking play to McGinn. All the usual low bid/snidey press tactics from Celtic could've turned his head but he's been sensational over the two legs and raised his stock even higher. Good on the club too for how they've handled this.

He'd be a massive loss but I can't begrudge him a big move if it comes. 

If he leaves hopefully it is to down south, or a league abroad.

Joining Celtic and becoming just another good Scottish player signed from a rival in the stockpile at Celtic park would be a big disappointment.

Hopefully also send out a message to both sides of the OF to stop ripping the piss and make reasonable offers.

mon the seagulls, get him signed.

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Joining Celtic and becoming just another good Scottish player signed from a rival in the stockpile at Celtic park would be a big disappointment.

You might not think it, but they rely on cheap Scots. Almost entirely.

Edited by HaikuHibee

2 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Brighton in for McGinn? Celtic have fucked it for themselves. He’s played out his skin and is going to earn a better move.

St Mirren will definitely be hoping so.  I assume if he plays out his last year at Hibs and moves for free the Buddies get hee-haw?

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Hopefully also send out a message to both sides of the OF to stop ripping the piss and make reasonable offers.

There's only 1 team in Scotland that can afford to make a serious offer for a very good player.

Bollocks to bloody Brighton lol

In all seriousness, this Brighton interest should at the very least confirm how interested Celtic really are in McGinn,   We should stop trying to get him on the cheap and pay the 5 mil IMHO.  Having a chairman who can be a cheap b*****d at times is good for club stability but can be frustrating for fans when we see how much money comes into the club.

20 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

St Mirren will definitely be hoping so.  I assume if he plays out his last year at Hibs and moves for free the Buddies get hee-haw?

There's only 1 team in Scotland that can afford to make a serious offer for a very good player.

Obviously Celtic are the only Scottish club in for McGinn, but both sides of the OF regularly try the unsettling a player with a low bid until the club in question has no option but to sell tactic.  Luckily McGinn has been thoroughly professional and  unaffected by Celtics bids.

Beginning to count our 0.0000025% of the transfer fee again [emoji172]🖤.

Fair fucks to the Hibees last night btw. Brilliant.

Seen a stat Neil Lennon has won more away games in Europe in the last 3 weeks than Avril has in the last 21 years as a manager. Is that true?

7 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Seen a stat Neil Lennon has won more away games in Europe in the last 3 weeks than Avril has in the last 21 years as a manager. Is that true?

I don't think that's right. Hibs drew last night and won in the Faroes. Pretty sure that Hearts beat Bordeaux.away (then lost the tie at Tynie) during Levein's first stint. Even if you count last night as a "win" (i.e. going through a tie), Levein won at least two European ties with Hearts (Zeljeznicar, Braga).

8 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Jamie Maclaren just said his goodbyes to the German team. It’s happening m9s. Everyone calm the f**k down. 

I'm not complaining but can't work out why no English teams paying guys £70,000+ per week didn't pick up on these two [McLaren and Kamberi] after their performances last season?

Edited by The_Judge

8 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

I'm not complaining but can't work out why no English teams paying guys £70,000+ per week didn't pick up on these two [McLaren and Kamberi] after their performances last season?

Because their Nan could score goals in Scotland.

Just now, Crawford Bridge said:

Because their Nan could score goals in Scotland.

No she couldn't.  She never got beyond playing part-time football in Finland and her conversion rate of 14 goals in 112 appearances was distinctly poor.

i really don't see what celtics problem is here. the way i see it replacing Armstrong, who clearly didnt want to be there, with a player with a lot more talent plus banking £2-3 million is a no brainer! also i can imagine Mcginns wages would be less than the improved deal armstrong signed last summer

There was interest in Kamberi, but Grasshoppers went a bit mental and asked for 2m for him when Hibs had an option for 100k. Maclaren I've no idea.

Tell you what lads, im absolutely bowled over by the clubs demeanor and business .

I am absolutely buzzing for this season. Everything is pointing in the right direction, and there's so much positivity!!

There's not much that would make me return home to live ,but by the hairs on Anne Budges chinny chin  chin, the thought of Kamberi and MacLaren pairing up again is quite salivating.